Code of Conduct
Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4669

Default Re: Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    So we're doing lists of our favorite ALD frags?

Here's mine

1. Ottoman Empire 2

I'm new to ALD and it's all I own at this time lol.
    Welcome to the club sir. That’s a great start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Basenotes Plus

1. Atlantic Ambergris
    2. Baikal Gris
    3. Oud Luwak
    4. Russian Oud
    5. Inverno Russo
    6. Oud Picante
    7. Malik al Taif
    8. Koh I Noor
    9. Siberian Musk
    10. Flux de Fleur
    11. Oud Zen

The rest I haven't smelled
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Chypre de Coty by Coty

Here is mine...

1. Oud zen
    2. Atlantic ambergris
    3. Siberian musk
    4. Ottoman Empire
    5. Russian Oud
    6. Oud picante
    7. Russian musk
    8. Inverno Russo
    9. Walimah
    10. Bailak Gris
    11. Flux de fleur
    12. Malik al taif
    13. Indolis
    14. Malik al taif
    15. Oud luwak

Basenotes Plus

Malik al Taif
    Baikal Gris
    Kohinor
    Flex de Flour
    Oud Luwak
    Indolis
    Siberian Musk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    1. Atlantic Ambergris
    2. Baikal Gris
    3. Oud Luwak
    4. Russian Oud
    5. Inverno Russo
    6. Oud Picante
    7. Malik al Taif
    8. Koh I Noor
    9. Siberian Musk
    10. Flux de Fleur
    11. Oud Zen

The rest I haven't smelled
    Well, you’re pretty opposite to me, but I like that Baikal Gris is so far up there

All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    Here is mine...

1. Oud zen
    2. Atlantic ambergris
    3. Siberian musk
    4. Ottoman Empire
    5. Russian Oud
    6. Oud picante
    7. Russian musk
    8. Inverno Russo
    9. Walimah
    10. Bailak Gris
    11. Flux de fleur
    12. Malik al taif
    13. Indolis
    14. Malik al taif
    15. Oud luwak
    Props on Oud Zen being #1

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Malik al Taif
    Baikal Gris
    Kohinor
    Flex de Flour
    Oud Luwak
    Indolis
    Siberian Musk 2
    Baikal and Koh are great top choices...I kinda wish I liked Malik better. I feel like I’m missin the Taif rose train, but my nose just can’t get past it right now.

Don't stank.
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by Rrose Sélavy View Post
    Nobody wants to comment on the $4000.00 (used) bottle of Oud Picante on eBay?
    I figured I had nothing to lose and made an offer for $300. It was automatically declined :shrug:
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Basenotes Plus

1. Siberian Musk
    2. Ottoman Empire
    3. Inverno Russo
    4. Walimah Attar
    5. Atlantic Ambergris
    6. Oud Zen (x)
    7. Koh-I-Nor
    8. Russian Musk Attar
    9. Indolis
    10. Baikal Gris
    11. Flux de Fleur
    12. Oud Luwak
    13. Russian Musk
    14. Malik Al Taif
    15. Oud Picante
    16. Russian Oud

Leaving out SM2 (x) and OE2 in the ranking...until they have aged a little further..

Just to add, my ranking is rather fluid with scents moving up/down 2-3 rungs depending on wearing conditions.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Basenotes Plus

Man this is tough! No.’s 2-4 could really be in any order for me as I love them all equally. I’ll also leave OE2 AND SM2 off until I’ve had more time, and they have as well. ��

* I own

1. Ottoman Empire*
    2. Walimah Attar*
    3. Russian Oud*
    4. Baikal Gris*
    5. Russian Musk*
    6. Atlantic Ambergris
    6. Oud Zen
    7. Oud Luwak*
    Then a huge gap because these two I couldnt stand and scrubbed. I’ve revisited several times and nope, still the same:
    Koh I Noor
    Oud Picante

I left a few off that, while I have samples, it’s been a while and I didn’t respond to them much. Need to revisit Indolis.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Community Manager

A few inflammatory posts have been deleted, plus the ones that quoted them. Remember the code of conduct: "You are expected to remain respectful and civil at all times."
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

User of Toilet Water

My favorites by collection:

1st collection:
    1. Ottoman Empire 2. Oud Zen ................... 3. Siberian Musk

2nd collection:
    1. Inverno Russo 2. Atlantic Ambergris 3. Flux de Fleur ...,,,,,,,,,,,,,4. Oud Picante

3rd collection:
    1. Russian Musk 2. Indolis 3. Walimah (attar and extrait smell the same to me.) ........................................4. Russian Oud

4th collection:
    1. Malik al Taif 2. Koh-i-Noor........ 3. Baikal Gris ..................4. Oud Luwak

I don't think I can rank them overall, but the top three would be:
    1. Russian Musk
    2. Ottoman Empire
    3. Indolis/Inverno Russo

Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    Alright, I'll try as well It includes all ALD scents I have sniffed and/or own (x indicates I don't own it).

1. Russian Oud
    2. Oud Picante (x)
    3. Atlantic Ambergris
    4. Flux de Fleur
    5. Indolis
    6. Inverno Russo (x)
    7. Walimah
    8. Oud Luwak
    9. Malik Al Taif
    10. Russian Musk
    11. Koh-I-Noor (x)
    12. Baikal Gris (x) (tho to be fair, I would have to smell BG again, as I used up my sample of it too fast. I should've kept a bit of it to revisit later)
    I want to try to give a few more details on my ranking. First of all, it wouldn't be really necessary to rank them, since sometimes the top 5 at least can switch places as well, it really depends on the day and my mood. On some days AA could be number 1, on others it could be Indolis. While I could go into detail about the notes etc and how great they smell (which they of course do!), what's important for me with the top 5 of them is the fact that I have very specific great scent-memory-connections with them.

Flux de Fleur I wore on one of my best beach vacations when I still lived in Malaysia. It was a special atmosphere and maybe one of the most relaxing holidays I ever had. Hence, wearing Flux always reminds me of that, which helps specifically now that I live in somewhat grey and cold Latvia

Oud Picante had, when I smelled my sample the first time, a sort of retirement home smell to me, that sort of old wood, dusty, maybe even medicinal or even band-aid undertones from the oud maybe. This might not sound to appealing, but it reminds me in a positive way of my late grandpa, whom I visited in his retirement home (where he fortunately just lived for one year after my grandma died, and then he followed her) on every Monday afternoon, when I was like 13 or 14. So, it is a somewhat melancholic scent to me.

Atlantic Ambergris, as I think I have mentioned here a while ago before, reminds me of my summer holidays at the German part of the Baltic Sea. Coca Cola in a glass can, sand dunes with pine forest behind it, salty ocean winds... good times.

Indolis is another scent that reminds me of one specific great afternoon with good friends back in Malaysia. We had a couple of drinks and played frisbee in a leafy park in Kuala Lumpur. A monsoon shower surprised us but we didn't care and just enjoyed being out in the nature, while the air smelled of fresh rain etc.. One of those small but great moments, that make life awesome. It was my first full wearing of Indolis on that day, hence the scent-memory.

While I have no specific memory like this with Russian Oud, I'd still say it's my number 1 since I crave it the most. I'm a sucker for chocolat-y, leathery, smoky ouds like that...

I'm going to have to revisit indolis over the summer holidays

I very much enjoy Russian Oud and Siberian Musk. I would put them at the top for me.

I'm still sticking with my bottle of Malik al Taif...it's pretty good as is...admittedly I was expecting the rose to be more jammy-sweet than thin, sharp and lemony...but I'm actually enjoying those aspects of the Taifi Rose now. I'd put that in a tier a sliver below RO/SM.

I wish I would have stuck with my bottle of Atlantic Ambergris...I can't quite remember it exactly but I didn't like it at first and sold it off shortly after buying one of the last bottles. I could see this one having settled into a fine fragrance.

I sold off Oud Picante and Oud Zen a while back after the introduction of Russian Oud and I'm not missing either. I enjoy RO much more than those two. All three were good, I just wish he'd let his amazing Feel Oud distillations do more of the heavy lifting...Zen and Picante it seemed the supporting notes snuffed out a lot of the amazing oud features.

I sold off Ottoman Empire II immediately and I don't see myself regretting it. Definitely the bottom tier of what I've tried from the line...Even Inverno Russo which I can appreciate for what it is...I can't say the same for OEII. I've discussed why I didn't like it in several posts but it was by far the worst I've tried from the line to date.

Basenotes Plus

Here's a review
    from
    those two chaps from across the pond
    Wafts from the loft
    discussing Russian Adams/Areej Le Dore's
    Ottoman Empire ll & Siberian Musk ll
    hope you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    I want to try to give a few more details on my ranking. First of all, it wouldn't be really necessary to rank them, since sometimes the top 5 at least can switch places as well, it really depends on the day and my mood. On some days AA could be number 1, on others it could be Indolis. While I could go into detail about the notes etc and how great they smell (which they of course do!), what's important for me with the top 5 of them is the fact that I have very specific great scent-memory-connections with them.

Flux de Fleur I wore on one of my best beach vacations when I still lived in Malaysia. It was a special atmosphere and maybe one of the most relaxing holidays I ever had. Hence, wearing Flux always reminds me of that, which helps specifically now that I live in somewhat grey and cold Latvia

Oud Picante had, when I smelled my sample the first time, a sort of retirement home smell to me, that sort of old wood, dusty, maybe even medicinal or even band-aid undertones from the oud maybe. This might not sound to appealing, but it reminds me in a positive way of my late grandpa, whom I visited in his retirement home (where he fortunately just lived for one year after my grandma died, and then he followed her) on every Monday afternoon, when I was like 13 or 14. So, it is a somewhat melancholic scent to me.

Atlantic Ambergris, as I think I have mentioned here a while ago before, reminds me of my summer holidays at the German part of the Baltic Sea. Coca Cola in a glass can, sand dunes with pine forest behind it, salty ocean winds... good times.

Indolis is another scent that reminds me of one specific great afternoon with good friends back in Malaysia. We had a couple of drinks and played frisbee in a leafy park in Kuala Lumpur. A monsoon shower surprised us but we didn't care and just enjoyed being out in the nature, while the air smelled of fresh rain etc.. One of those small but great moments, that make life awesome. It was my first full wearing of Indolis on that day, hence the scent-memory.

While I have no specific memory like this with Russian Oud, I'd still say it's my number 1 since I crave it the most. I'm a sucker for chocolat-y, leathery, smoky ouds like that...
    Really nice to see the story behind why you like certain ones. I may be a bit weird, but I can rarely relate certain smells with certain experiences. There are only three fragrances that I can do that with.

Basenotes Plus

I just now tried Koh-i-Noor for the very first time, and WOW, I find it utterly entrancing. I simply love its combination of lush, indolic florals and furry, almost caramel-y musk. In the dry down there's something that smells a bit like smoke and candle wax. Very warm and intoxicating.

I'm surprised not to hear more about this particular scent in this thread. Do some/many of you find it too "feminine" leaning?

Default Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    I just now tried Koh-i-Noor for the very first time, and WOW, I find it utterly entrancing. I simply love its combination of lush, indolic florals and furry, almost caramel-y musk. In the dry down there's something that smells a bit like smoke and candle wax. Very warm and intoxicating.

I'm surprised not to hear more about this particular scent in this thread. Do some/many of you find it too "feminine" leaning?
    Koh might be my favorite fragrance ever. It has fossil amber and Hindi Oud which might be giving off that smoky candle vibe. I don’t find it particularly feminine at all.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    Koh might be my favorite fragrance ever. It has fossil amber and Hindi Oud which might be giving off that smoky candle vibe. I don’t find it particularly feminine at all.

I forgot the oud! I am no oud expert, but I get a gorgeous, slightly cheesy oud scent here that I adore. I have no real idea where the hint of smoke is coming from, but I am pretty enamored of this one, and am thrilled to hear that you love it, too.

And to think that I almost completely passed this one by. Sheesh, what a maroon!

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post

Oud Picante 50% off! Now only $2000. Any guesses as to the final asking price?

Basenotes Plus

No I mean I see how someone might interpret this as 'feminine' but ultimately over the course of several wearings I found it unique, odd, esoteric and unisex. I think I have a tiny spray or two left in my vial (they're black so I can't tell). I hope to wear it again soon - although I don't feel the need to buy a decant of it. I doubt I'd wear it a lot.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    No I mean I see how someone might interpret this as 'feminine' but ultimately over the course of several wearings I found it unique, odd, esoteric and unisex. I think I have a tiny spray or two left in my vial (they're black so I can't tell). I hope to wear it again soon - although I don't feel the need to buy a decant of it. I doubt I'd wear it a lot.
    "Odd and esoteric"--that's exactly what I love about it. I can't think of another scent that smells like it. Would you not wear it much because it's simply too strange?

Basenotes Plus

"Odd and esoteric"--that's exactly what I love about it. I can't think of another scent that smells like it. Would you not wear it much because it's simply too strange?
    Good question.

I already own a whole bunch of strange stuff so maybe my desire for that is less?

Or maybe it's that this fragrance (as unique as it is) is very much a 'musk' fragrance and reasserts itself as that quite clearly throughout the entire trajectory of top/middle/base notes. I have such a small arsenal of musk scents (I own a decant of Inverno Russo which I really enjoy but it gets very little wear in the larger part of Miami's warm weather, as it really is a Fall/Winter scent & I own a few scents like Sex Appeal for Men by Jovan [vintage] that rely on nitro musks).

I am pretty sure that somewhere above I posted the exact same thing about it myself Starblind. There is nothing that smells like this that I have EVER smelled. Just that gets my attention. I'm extremely grateful that I've gotten to experience it.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Bold part + "gorgeous, slightly cheesy oud scent here" like you said, it's wonderful! <3
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Original Ottoman Empire on eBay right now. Auction style. Bids at $192.50 at the moment.

Basenotes Plus

Ebay
    Ottoman Empire ll $285.
    Oud Picante 2ml $54.00
    Ottoman Empire ll $319.
    Get this ,
    Oud Picante $2,000.00
    Here's an ebay Areej le Dore link
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+dore&_sacat=0
    Be fun to just keep checking it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Original Ottoman Empire on eBay right now. Auction style. Bids at $192.50 at the moment.
    I wish I knew that, for I don't see it right now,
    but , if it's real , I might have bought it just to split it
    to those who haven't had the chance to experience the original Ottoman Empire.

Basenotes Plus

It hasn’t even been up a day and it’s already at $305.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192914549441

If the auction was gonna close at $290 I would’ve bought it as a backup!

Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast