Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Default Re: Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

I just pre order all 4. I hope I'll love them all. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bewithme View Post
    I just pre order all 4. I hope I'll love them all. Lol
    Wow, someone’s pulling a hednic. Talk about blind faith. You may not love them all but you will be rewarded, no doubt about it.

Btw I’m wearing a full spray of Inverno Russo to work. Having worn Siberian Musk regularly the past 2 months, my nose zeroed in on the musk from the get go, First impression: it smells like a kissing cousin of the Siberian, albeit with the musk dialled down and rose/florals in place of citrus/pine. It’s only been an hour but I like what I’m smelling. Projection seems a little soft though.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 11th October 2017 at 05:06 AM.

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Btw I’m wearing a full spray of Inverno Russo to work. Having worn Siberian Musk regularly the past 2 months, my nose zeroed in on the musk from the get go, First impression: it smells like a kissing cousin of the Siberian, albeit with the musk dialled down and rose/florals in place of citrus/pine. It’s only been an hour but I like what I’m smelling. Projection seems a little soft though.
    That's pretty much my take on it too. I ordered it and Flux de Fleur this morning. I'd like to hear your thoughts on Atlantic Ambergris. I couldn't quite get my head around it on the first testing. Seemed kind of barbershoppy/aftershavey. Maybe the clove? I'll try it again tonight.

I think this is on the mark even as "muskiness" is part of the Areej DNA. What's more, in various interviews with either of ClaireV or Kafkaesque, Russian Adam has identified each of these florals (Ottoman Empire and now Flux de Fluer) as his favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    ...Russian Adam gets a lot of attention for what he does with oud and musk, but I think florals is where he excels. First Ottoman Empire and now Flux de Fleur...
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Ottoman is my favorite out of the first three too.
    I'm bummed I missed out on this one, I have a feeling I would love it! I do love Siberian Musk very much, and I've ordered small decants of Inverno Russo and Flux de Fleur to try. Hopefully there will be full bottles left by the time I've had a chance to test these.
    Currently wearing: Dilettante by Hiram Green

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ah shoot. Missed the Welcome1 code.
    But I emailed and they honored it. Nice folks. My first time with STC .
    Now I am waiting for the goodies.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Escada Homme by Escada

Anyone sampled Flux de Fleur yet?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    I'm bummed I missed out on this one, I have a feeling I would love it! I do love Siberian Musk very much, and I've ordered small decants of Inverno Russo and Flux de Fleur to try. Hopefully there will be full bottles left by the time I've had a chance to test these.
    There should be someone from Europe that might let you sample Ottoman .
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

I totally agree with the suggestion of putting the sample sets on sale one month before the bottles, given the extremely limited quantities.It is nerve-wracking to order samples and hope some bottles will still be left by the time you've had time to test them. On the other hand, it's probably good for the vendor, with all these fear-based blind buys. I myself just ordered Atlantic Ambergris unsniffed.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I totally agree with the suggestion of putting the sample sets on sale one month before the bottles, given the extremely limited quantities.It is nerve-wracking to order samples and hope some bottles will still be left by the time you've had time to test them. On the other hand, it's probably good for the vendor, with all these fear-based blind buys. I myself just ordered Atlantic Ambergris unsniffed.
    Even though there's some blind buys going on, I still think the real buying frenzy will take place after those sample packs get shipped and sampled. The STC sold out of their 25 pack allotment in one day. The only reason sample packs are still available at Areej is because of the shipping rates are the same cost as the sample pack.

Heck the first batch had 3 scents and Oud Zen is still available. Now there's 4. What do you bet that 2 are popular and 2 end up in the Oud Zen "running low" section. Russian Adam is smart. He sends out some free samples to a select few Basenoters to begin the frenzy, then let's not just put the scents up for sale when they're available - we'll make them "pre-order" to create an even more sense of urgency to blind buy.

I've read these posts here several times each. I don't see a clear favorite. I think the blind buy sales for now are quite divided with no clear winner. That may change as samples and reviews start coming in.

Everybody should slow down, and wait for your samples or decants - then buy your favorite if you even have one.

Let's do a little number crunching. There's 50 total sample sets. 25 have been sold by STC and Areej still has some available.
    Let's get crazy and say all 25 sample from STC ended up with everyone buying one bottle each of all 4 scents. That still leaves 75 of each left.

I just don't think there's going to be 75 blind buys on any of these. The reality is most people just don't have the money to gamble on blind buys at these prices. Now maybe after I sample my kids college fund may take hit, but until then I'm waiting to sample first.

I've dealt with STC many times, but their shipping is the worst. Takes them several days to even start the shipping process. I'm going to bet money everyone who ordered a sample pack yesterday - under your "order status" it says "awaiting fulfillment" today.

Areej isn't even going to be shipping at the soonest October 16th. It's going to be a little while longer before many can even get a sniff.

So things are going to go a lot slower than this frenzy is hyped up to be.

CORRECTIONS AND CONFFESSIONS:

I am leaving original post and putting corrections here.

There were actually 100 sample sets made. 50 for STC and 50 for Areej. That makes my number crunching even more out of whack than they probably originally where.

Above I implied that Russian Adam may have done some things to promote sales about sending samples to some Basenoters. They were given out to very special customers, or to cover delayed shipping as complimentary gift. All these were done in good faith, as in good customer service. No ulterior motive.

Russian Adam had to delay the shipping do to production issues. Again no ulterior motive.

As I look back at my post. All I see is a man just wanting to slow sales down so there will be a bottle left for him.

Shame on me for being so selfish.

My apologies to all for being such a hypocrite. Truth is: I bought a bottle of Flux de Fleur the first pre-order day.

After all, using fantastic ingredients, and a great nose like Russian Adam - things get scary good!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy he has taken time in his life to share his treasures with us.

Russian Adam is the kind of man, men aspire to be/always taking his life experiences and paying them forward.

I hope all 400 bottles sell fast, to give him more funds, and hopefully offer us future treasures.
    Last edited by thebeck; 13th October 2017 at 12:42 AM.

Got an email from STC this morning saying the sample set was in my cart. WTF? I bought that yesterday. Turns out, for some reason I have no idea about, PayPal wasn't charged and it seems I didn't get my order. I am so mad right now that I will bad mouth STC every opportunity I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Even though there's some blind buys going on, I still think the real buying frenzy will take place after those sample packs get shipped and sampled. The STC sold out of their 25 pack allotment in one day. The only reason sample packs are still available at Areej is because of the shipping rates are the same cost as the sample pack.

Heck the first batch had 3 scents and Oud Zen is still available. Now there's 4. What do you bet that 2 are popular and 2 end up in the Oud Zen "running low" section. Russian Adam is smart. He sends out some free samples to a select few Basenoters to begin the frenzy, then let's not just put the scents up for sale when they're available - we'll make them "pre-order" to create an even more sense of urgency to blind buy.

I've read these posts here several times each. I don't see a clear favorite. I think the blind buy sales for now are quite divided with no clear winner. That may change as samples and reviews start coming in.

Everybody should slow down, and wait for your samples or decants - then buy your favorite if you even have one.

Let's do a little number crunching. There's 50 total sample sets. 25 have been sold by STC and Areej still has some available.
    Let's get crazy and say all 25 sample from STC ended up with everyone buying one bottle each of all 4 scents. That still leaves 75 of each left.

I just don't think there's going to be 75 blind buys on any of these. The reality is most people just don't have the money to gamble on blind buys at these prices. Now maybe after I sample my kids college fund may take hit, but until then I'm waiting to sample first.
    The thing is, you basically risk nothing pre-ordering, because if you don't like the scent, you can easily re-sell that later I have no doubt. And I'm sure the price will rise because of the limited number of bottles and the quality of product. I've personally pre-ordered Atlantic Ambergris and would pre-order Flux de Fleur (if I could afford it) because I have Siberian Musk and sampled other 2 so I know what to expect. I just don't like the speed of 2nd release. I hope it will slow down in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kswer View Post
    Got an email from STC this morning saying the sample set was in my cart. WTF? I bought that yesterday. Turns out, for some reason I have no idea about, PayPal wasn't charged and it seems I didn't get my order. I am so mad right now that I will bad mouth STC every opportunity I can get.
    Paypal and STC had connecting problems yesterday. I had to submit twice, then double check I wasn't charged twice.

............Everybody should slow down, and wait for your samples or decants - then buy your favorite if you even have one..............
    That's for damn sure.

Valid points, thebeck and sobejjj. I do agree you should avoid blindbuying or pre-ordering if you have never smelled Areej le Dore. But if you’re comfortable taking a gamble on the strength of reviews from trusted noses, why not? I did in the first round, and it paid off for me, big time. Knowing what to expect this time around I know I’d want some of them, just not 50 ml so I went with blindsplits. If any of them turns out to be full bottle worthy, I don’t mind paying a little premium in the secondary market. But I know how long a 10-15 ml decant can last me so I’m pretty well set up, lol. In any case I’m holding out for Siberian Musk Intense.

Allowing for ‘pre-orders’ is IMO a clever way to negate expectations for a speedy delivery which created a fair amount of unhappiness in the last round. I can’t fault Russian Adam here - he did what he had to do and kept the production each run limited. Can he make larger batches of say 500 bottles in future? Possibly. But when you’re just starting out to build your base you don’t produce at a level the market cannot absorb. Unfortunately for us, ‘scarcity’ + ‘quality’ = buying frenzy. But let’s see what happens next.

My point is: do what is comfortable for you. Don’t buy something just because it is a limited production.

Edit:
    I’m pitching this idea to Adam:-
    How about having 2 groups of stock? One for pre-orders and another reserve to be released say, a month after pre-orders to meet post-sampling demand?

Do you think that will work?

THIS JUST IN:
    His reply:

Yes definitely I split around half half.
    may even put all on hold at some point
    when around half will be sold to give every one a chance.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 12th October 2017 at 01:44 AM.

See my post #520 for CORRECTIONS AND CONFESSIONS

@thebeck, thanks for the confession and correction. Really appreciate your honesty.

Adam is a nice guy. He’s really doing his best to get a bottle to every fan out there (see post #525).

I’m wearing Flux de Fleur today.
    WOW! This is just flat out G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. For jasmine lovers out there, this one is for you. Wears like a traditional attar. Full review only after a couple more full wears. But sillage is strong and quality is right up there, exceeding even the likes of Fragrance du Bois which retails upwards of $500 for 50 ml. $350 is a steal. I’m starting to sound like a broken record here but I’m so thankful this is not by Roja, lol.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 12th October 2017 at 01:52 AM.

Basenotes Plus

@thebeck, thanks for the confession and correction. Really appreciate your honesty.

Adam is a nice guy. He’s really doing his best to get a bottle to every fan out there (see post #525).

WOW! This is just flat out G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. For jasmine lovers out there, this one is for you. Wears like a traditional attar. Full review only after a couple more full wears. But sillage is strong and quality is right up there, exceeding even the likes of Fragrance du Bois which retails upwards of $500 for 50 ml. $350 is a steal. I’m starting to sound like a broken record here but I’m so thankful this is not by Roja, lol.
    Oh, man, I seriously cannot wait to try this one!!

And, yes, I have to second everything Diamondflame is saying here: Adam is THE most conscientious guy. He tries his very best to please every single customer and fill every order with care and efficiency. And he's doing nearly all of this (almost) singlehandedly.

Basenotes Plus

Surrender to Chance order updated with a USPS TRACKING NUMBER

If anyone wants to see the man, RussianAdam, in action/at work,
    you can here via his Feel Oud You Tube Channel link below ,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCES...RhAWGL8Jg-nBeA
    If you like what you see , you could subscribe and bell to him on You Tube .
    Myself I was blown away at the work he does to make it all happen.
    With the few times I traded correspondence with him, he is very humble and honest.
    This is all very exciting.
    Last edited by JBS1; 12th October 2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: cant speeel

Basenotes Plus

That was my first initial thought when I got a chance to sample his first line ;
    Wow, this is a deal ! Roja would charge a heck of a lot more for anything remotely resembling anyone of these
    Because of this, I pre ordered Oud Picante and I have 3 10mls of the rest of Russian Adams work coming from Strifeknot
    who is also a very good man , and an excellent splitter here on Basenotes.

Friday afternoon cannot happen fast enough

I like what your saying about Flux de Fleur - Strong, wears like an attar - G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. I only had funds for one full bottle purchase and my blind buy was a toss up with Inverno Russo. But when you said it wears a little soft, I made my choice for Flux de Fleur. I have a sample pack en route also. Like others, I thought I'll sample from the sample, leave the bottle unopened, in case I needed to resale. But from what you've said, so far I think I made the right choice for my tastes.

I want to thank Russian Adam for saving me a ton of money on laundry detergent. Every time I wear Siberian Musk and smell my shirt the next day - I don't want to wash it. I started my perfume hobby in1966 and that's how my shirts always smelled the next day. I feel like I took a time machine and went back to 1969. That was an incredible year in my life.
    Last edited by thebeck; 12th October 2017 at 04:10 PM.

Oud Zen is now Sold Out

Dependent

Oud Zen is now Sold Out
    Noooooooooooooo!
    Oh well, at least I was able to try the sample.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    02. Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    03. Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    04. Baque by Slumberhouse
    05. Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud
    06. Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer
    07. Body Kouros (vintage) by Yves Saint Laurent
    08. Sycomore (EdP) by Chanel
    09. Derby by Guerlain
    10. L'Envol de Cartier EdP by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaster View Post
    Noooooooooooooo!
    Oh well, at least I was able to try the sample.
    I have a 5ml decant coming in todays mail which should be here within the hour. Looking forward to giving it a wearing today.

I must have gotten one of the last bottles. Should be here today! I was going to skip this one, I have a lot of Oud fragrances, but the reviews here changed my mind. Damn Basenotes.....

Dependent

I have a 5ml decant coming in todays mail which should be here within the hour. Looking forward to giving it a wearing today.
    If you enjoy Hindi oud, you will absolutely love it. Please post your thoughts after trying it.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    02. Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    03. Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    04. Baque by Slumberhouse
    05. Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud
    06. Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer
    07. Body Kouros (vintage) by Yves Saint Laurent
    08. Sycomore (EdP) by Chanel
    09. Derby by Guerlain
    10. L'Envol de Cartier EdP by Cartier

Getting ready to pre-order Flux de Fleur, and I'm on the fence about Inverno Russo. One comment using 1 spray thought it was a bit soft. However I'm really trying to figure out if both FdF and IR and very close in scent profiles, or if both are really splendid and different enough to warrant going overboard financially. Not too many comments on Atlantic Ambergris interestingly enough. Oud Picante just doesn't sound like my thing, although I'm interested to hear comments. I'm really a floral chypre kind of gal, but absolutely LOVE Ottoman Empire and will be hoarding my half-bottle of Siberian Musk (thank you Strifenot)!

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJoy View Post
    Getting ready to pre-order Flux de Fleur, and I'm on the fence about Inverno Russo. One comment using 1 spray thought it was a bit soft. However I'm really trying to figure out if both FdF and IR and very close in scent profiles, or if both are really splendid and different enough to warrant going overboard financially.
    They're both florals, but very different. Flux de Fleur is jasmine and tuberose with incense. I was really picking up the incense while testing it last night. Inverno Russo is mostly rose and musk. It's the same kind of musk from Siberian Musk to my nose. I ordered them both. I had no performance issues with IR. I'm just shocked at Russian Adam's florals. Is this really what floral perfumes used to smell like in the past? If I were to take my last breath, I'd want to use it to inhale Flux de Fleur. That's not hyperbole either.

Not too many comments on Atlantic Ambergris interestingly enough.
    I tested this one again and I still don't know what to say about it. I can't detect any note that I can identify even after studying the note pyramid except I think nutmeg and clove. It just smells barbershoppy to me. Maybe I'm totally out of my mind. This is the one that I found soft (very soft after a while.) I'm eager to hear others' views on this one as well.

Oud Picante just doesn't sound like my thing, although I'm interested to hear comments. I'm really a floral chypre kind of gal, but absolutely LOVE Ottoman Empire and will be hoarding my half-bottle of Siberian Musk (thank you Strifenot)!
    Definitely Oud Zen's cousin, but more wearable to me (I find Oud Zen on the challenging side.) I believe those who hate OZ will not care for Oud Picante either, but might find it more tolerable. I think I want a bottle of this one too.

I share Bangkok Hound‘s perspective and was equally perplexed by Atlantic Ambergris. It does have a clovey barbershop feel to it but the way the scent shapeshifts and turns, it is hard to get a lock-on. I’m catching riffs of MDCI Invasion Barbare and Boellis Panama Millesime, albeit with a touch of florals. It smells familiar yet like nothing I’ve ever smelled. I suspect the white Ambergris is the component that keeps throwing these ‘curve balls’. I mean, how many of us here have actually smell genuine ambergris, much less the rarest white variety?

I’m wearing a more generous application of Inverno Russo today. She was a little too demure on our first date so this round, I’m taking her out to dance lol. The rose here is not of the tart, dewy and plummy variety but more of the sweeter, soft velvety kind. Gentle in demeanour, it pairs exceedingly well with the musk and plays harmoniously with the well-pitched white florals. I don’t find the civet but I’m perfectly fine with that.

Will update if I ever get to ‘first base’. But I wouldn’t write this one off, that’s for sure. It has a distinctly upperclass feel about it that I love in fragrances.

Edit:
    Fun fact #1
    Rose alba (white rose) otto is apparently more expensive than regular rose damascena otto, requiring twice as much raw material to distill an equal volume of otto.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 13th October 2017 at 07:29 AM.

Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast