Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa911 View Post
    I blind bought Siberian musk just after reading Claire " jaw dropping" reaction !!

The bottle is scheduled for delivery on July 3rd . Now the wait begins !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sentences like that make me very, VERY nervous, Mustafa.... I hope you love it. I guess the great thing about Siberian Musk is that you would be able to sell it very quickly and with no loss at all, if you decide it's not for you.

Default Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Sentences like that make me very, VERY nervous, Mustafa.... I hope you love it. I guess the great thing about Siberian Musk is that you would be able to sell it very quickly and with no loss at all, if you decide it's not for you.
    Understood Claire. I have been using musk or sniffing musk all my life as it's most used fragrance in the region and family . I used musk cost $5 to $100 so it can't get any worst . Plus I wanted some other nuances and notes in musk which this bottle does offer.

1400 years ago prophet Mohammad (p.b.h.u) suggested musk as a best fragrance for man.

Musk is a special fragrance.

So far all positive reviews !!

Thanks for introducing this brand to me

One separate note : did you try Adams sandal100k oil?
    Last edited by Mustafa911; 30th June 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Thank you so much for starting this thread, Diamondflame! I think this house deserves every bit of attention it can receive.

I am now the proud possessor of TWO bottles of Siberian Musk and several large decants from StC, as I intend to wear this scent as long as I live! I would buy out Adam's remaining supply if it wouldn't render me homeless. Of course, others may not feel the same sort of new covert's fervor that I do about this fragrance, but there is simply something about this scent that leaves me speechless each time I wear it. And the dry down on my clothes is the most wonderful, intoxicating thing ever. Perhaps it's because I grew up smelling and wearing scents chock full of nitro musks and oakmoss and civet, and SB reminds me of these, but intensified. Plus, it smells like the most smooth and deeply musky chypre I've ever encountered. I adore it from top to bottom!

I also find Ottoman Empire wonderful, and if I were more of a rose lover, I would purchase a bottle of this one, as well. It's oudiness is thick and delicious!

My only wish is that Russian Adam were able to make an endless supply of these fragrances. I understand that the ingredients are difficult to obtain and that batch consistency might be impossible, but regardless, I have all my fingers crossed.
    The sound old advice of buying a second bottle of any new love was clearly taken!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Azzaro

Lol Claire, you must've had a worse encounter of the olfactory kind with a taxi driver than I ever did.

About 'skin chemistry' I understood that 'trying to be polite' angle but there's a reason why smelling strips are used by perfumers and offerred to customers: the neutral base. Chemistry is about altering a substance by combining different elements/molecules so Turin was indeed correct to call it skin physics as what the nose smells at any one time is affected by the volatility of individual note compund. This explains why I smelled more lime on fabric than I do on my oilier skin.

Variances in perceived scent are usually subtle but to a seasoned nose they could make all the difference. How we interpret a scent note is determined by our personal library of scent associations. That's probably why Serge Noire does not work for you as well as it does for me.

Mustapha, I have a feeling you will like Siberian Musk.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 1st July 2017 at 12:45 AM.

Same here. And great to read all these reviews. Great insight on your review Claire. What you say makes sense.

Basenotes Member

That's what I said to me!

I agree that the "skin chemistry" thing is largely people being over polite about their preferences, but it may also be partly that they don't feel confident in their opinions. Maybe the perfume is really objectively excellent and I'm just not getting it. Easier to say it smells bad on my skin. Also, I hear sales assistants in mainstream shops and even niche shops using the term liberally, so I can't even really blame people who don't have tremendous knowledge for using it and thinking it's valid.

Either Luca Turin or Tania Sanchez also had a note about this in The Guide - about not believing in skin chemistry. I tend to agree, but I also have a friend on whom two really familiar perfumes, Chanel No 5 and Youth Dew, smell totally unrecognizable to me. When she wears Youth Dew, it smells like Play-Doh. Maybe Turin's "skin physics" can explain this, but otherwise I'm stumped.

Siberian Musk arrived today...had to pay customs delivery charges as well of $25 to DHL. Anyway after reading through the reviews again it is pretty much spot on of the earlier review which I quoted by NikhilS from frangatica/youtube. Especially the last part that I would have 3 more bottles or even more if it the price were lower.
    Also, it seems true that this does bring you back to another era. Very premium smell..smells like im in a beautiful mountain valley. I can still smell it on my skin even after few hours so far. Starblinds review was also very well described
    Again. Btw I sprayed only 1 spray. Being more of a oud guy, I might get a sample of the oud zen because this line already proved to me that it is not just any other cologne or fragrance. Its something cannot be produced the sameway again. Now I understand what Starblind got 2 bottles. A wise decison for a very true musk lover it is the only musk you will ever need in life. If you compare it 2 a bottle of Roja which is double the price (rip off). SIBERIAN MUSK is like a Lamborghini Muira..but much older...a vintage ...a rare personality ..a beauty and not many left. If this were $100 cheaper im sure they would have all been sold out). The scent is something maybe Tywin Lannister (fictional fantasy character from Game of thrones) or his father or someone from his kingdom would have worn. I ask Adam if he can keep these names going and market it more so they are here to stay. Ofcourse it has been noted that a few have said its not possible.

Below is exactly what it is.

"The best perfume world has seen in ages. Period. It has all the elements of a classic chypre from the golden days of perfumery. Creativity: infinite and unregulated. Starts off with a blast of powdered citrus and floral powder. Then the dark animal musk unleashes a sensual extravaganza and transports me into medieval era. What remains of it within a few hours is the authentic erotic note of deer musk. It's magical and extraordinarily beautiful. Pure velvet. No musk fragrance has ever given me this pure thrill the closest was Diaghilev by Roja but this one has failed all the artists I ever considered great. The whole perfume blooms and opens in layers with a slow pace. Small burts of olfactory pleasure keeping the wearer puzzled. It lasts on skin and clothes for an eternity. With half a spray you can achieve all this. I never knew this side of Russiam Adam. I was always a fan of his pure Oud oils but this has stunned me. I ordered this and Oud Zen within hours of testing my samples. If this were cheaper I d buy alreast 3 bottles. Because I know no one in thw regulated world of perfumes will ever be able to create an olfactory masterpiece of this sort. Grab it if you crave the most unadulterated classic chypre experience"
    Last edited by SayfAli; 3rd July 2017 at 06:24 PM.

I believe in skin chemistry. I think differences in opinion are *usually* due to the way we perceive or appreciate certain notes, but I do believe that sometimes skin chemistry does play a role.

I have a bottle of Musc Eternel that now functions only as an expensive room spray because it smells so different on my skin to what it smells like in the air or on paper. On paper, it is a warm, powdery, slightly floral, musk, but on my skin, it's extremely and persistently floral.

We also know that everyone's skin smells just a little bit different, due to a wide variety of factors, diet being one that's commonly mentioned (but I believe it's more genes than diet, tbh). It would surprise me if the difference in a person's skin does not somehow affect the scent he/she wears.

Back on topic, though, this thread (and Starblind's original thread) has led me to buy a sample of Siberian Musk that I'm hoping to be able to test soon.

Ok guys,
    I received the delivery . Briefly evaluate all three scents . Two scents are very similar to two famous brands Rasasi boruzz and sultan pasha attar. I will get back to you tomorrow to tell you which scent is similar and or same as other two brands .

So far impressed with all three but more impressed with Siberian musk and Ottoman Empire

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=Mustafa911;4153128]Ok guys,
    I received the delivery . Briefly evaluate all three scents . Two scents are very similar to two famous brands Rasasi boruzz and sultan pasha attar. I will get back to you tomorrow to tell you which scent is similar and or same as other two brands .

So far impressed with all three but more impressed with Siberian musk and Ottoman Empire

I can't wait to hear about the scents that are similar!

Ok guys,

Did you order the 2 samples as well? Also, I have to say ..this stuff last long. I sprayed 1 and smelt it all day at work on my arm even when I wasnt close. Will be nice to hear your update soon.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Good to hear you received the bottles safely, SayfAli and mustafa911. Btw, what no. is on your respective bottles? Just curious..

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The sound old advice of buying a second bottle of any new love was clearly taken!
    Yes, and I am (embarrassingly) seriously considering a third bottle. :-)

I was wearing Siberian Musk the other day and my wife thought she smelled 'talcum powder'. I suppose it does have a soft floral element to it, especially in whatever gets projected. Anyone else get 'powder'?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Yes, and I am (embarrassingly) seriously considering a third bottle. :-)
    One way to justify a third is to make it a "sharing bottle". Some of it you plan on splitting out as small samples to friends, or you can hold a sample pass later. That way you can be stingy with one bottle, wear another with some hesitation, and be promiscuous and generous with the third. It's the best of both worlds.

Not that I would know anything about such schemes.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Azzaro

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    One way to justify a third is to make it a "sharing bottle". Some of it you plan on splitting out as small samples to friends, or you can hold a sample pass later. That way you can be stingy with one bottle, wear another with some hesitation, and be promiscuous and generous with the third. It's the best of both worlds.

Not that I would know anything about such schemes.
    I think splitting is an excellent idea. I am in .
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Good to hear you received the bottles safely, SayfAli and mustafa911. Btw, what no. is on your respective bottles? Just curious..
    56 is the number

My two scents :
    I fully agreed Claire the extrait de parfum are made with high quality ingredients and it last long time 12+ hours . In addition the scent compositions are truly old factory and has an attar like feel.

Oud zen:
    As an oud lover , i was very excited to receive the sample . The sample I received has very small quantity of juice but enough for few sprays !! Thanks Adam for adding the sample.

The scent is great and has some great characteristics of Indian oud , but not skanky maybe a slight touch but it's really good. The only issue for me is that it has almost all the characteristics of Rasasi boruzz Roh al asam. To me having a bottle of oud zen will be big duplicate . I found Rasasi projects and last more but the longevity is also great on oud zen .
    Both are great winners in my book. If you are looking for good non skanky oud with old composition you should sample oud zen.

Ottoman Empire :
    I am spending a lot of time with Ottoman Empire and that is my next order . I am planning to get a bottle next week.
    To me otomoon Empire is like an attar composition in parfum bottle . I meant the composition is old factory attar beauty . I love it and I can't have enough. The longevity on my parfum consuming dry skin is 16+ hours.
    The parfum reminds me dry down of sultan pash reve narcotique attar. In addition some similarities of Sultan Pasha arum d'Angkhor vibe in dry down . I am not saying it's identical but it has the vibe.
    The experience is amazing !! I am addicted . I never thought parfum spray will give me the experience of an attar.

Thank you Claire , starblind for introducing us to this brand .

I am still experimenting Siberian musk !! It's beautiful and I like A lot and it's a keeper !!

Last edited by Mustafa911; 4th July 2017 at 08:05 PM.

I was wearing Siberian Musk the other day and my wife thought she smelled 'talcum powder'. I suppose it does have a soft floral element to it, especially in whatever gets projected. Anyone else get 'powder'?
    My wife's first comment on Siberian Musk was that it reminded her of talcum powder - this is also code for 'she doesn't like it'
    Currently wearing: Silver Cologne by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    My wife's first comment on Siberian Musk was that it reminded her of talcum powder - this is also code for 'she doesn't like it'
    Ha! Sorry, Yarn. I am guessing that quite a few of us have "spouse code" for "I don't like it". My husband hates anything with vanilla, so some of his code sentences are:

"Did you just spill a s***load of sugar in the kitchen?"
    "Have you been eating milk chocolate?"

One of the characteristics of real musk, by the way, is that it is powdery. Another one is that although musk lasts a long time (its value in perfumery being first and foremost as a superlative fixative), in and of itself it is not a loud, bombastic, or room-filling note.

My two scents :
    I fully agreed Claire the extrait de parfum are made with high quality ingredients and it last long time 12+ hours . In addition the scent compositions are truly old factory and has an attar like feel.

Oud zen:
    As an oud lover , i was very excited to receive the sample . The sample I received has very small quantity of juice but enough for few sprays !! Thanks Adam for adding the sample.

The scent is great and has some great characteristics of Indian oud , but not skanky maybe a slight touch but it's really good. The only issue for me is that it has almost all the characteristics of Rasasi boruzz Roh al asam. To me having a bottle of oud zen will be big duplicate . I found Rasasi projects and last more but the longevity is also great on oud zen .
    Both are great winners in my book. If you are looking for good non skanky oud with old composition you should sample oud zen.

Ottoman Empire :
    I am spending a lot of time with Ottoman Empire and that is my next order . I am planning to get a bottle next week.
    To me otomoon Empire is like an attar composition in parfum bottle . I meant the composition is old factory attar beauty . I love it and I can't have enough. The longevity on my parfum consuming dry skin is 16+ hours.
    The parfum reminds me dry down of sultan pash reve narcotique attar. In addition some similarities of Sultan Pasha arum d'Angkhor vibe in dry down . I am not saying it's identical but it has the vibe.
    The experience is amazing !! I am addicted . I never thought parfum spray will give me the experience of an attar.

Thank you Claire , starblind for introducing us to this brand .

I am still experimenting Siberian musk !! It's beautiful and I like A lot and it's a keeper !!

Very interesting, thanks Mustafa! I have never heard of that particular Rasasi, but I will certainly keep my eye out for it now. I am worried by the references on Fragrantica to Oud Ispahan, which smells very chemical and shrill sometimes to my nose, but we'll see (I have started to really like Oud Palao, for example).

So, it seems that although all the hype has been around Siberian Musk, at least two members here - yourself and Diamondflame - seem to have stronger feelings towards Ottoman Empire. Might it even pip Siberian Musk at the post? Like Diamondflame said above somewhere, if one only had an extra $300 lying around....

Very interesting, thanks Mustafa! I have never heard of that particular Rasasi, but I will certainly keep my eye out for it now. I am worried by the references on Fragrantica to Oud Ispahan, which smells very chemical and shrill sometimes to my nose, but we'll see (I have started to really like Oud Palao, for example).

So, it seems that although all the hype has been around Siberian Musk, at least two members here - yourself and Diamondflame - seem to have stronger feelings towards Ottoman Empire. Might it even pip Siberian Musk at the post? Like Diamondflame said above somewhere, if one only had an extra $300 lying around....
    Yes in love with Ottoman Empire , truly old factory attar kind of stuff.

Oud zen, No it's not like oud ispahan . Two times quality potent and different than Dior oud. People mention oud ispahan because it is rose + oud combo but rooh al asaam is very different . The bottle sells for $140 at notino.com
    Last edited by Mustafa911; 5th July 2017 at 12:10 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting! I did not think of this scent in terms of powder at all, but my DIL mentioned that it smelled like "musky powder," so obviously that aspect is noticeable to others.

Basenotes Plus

In addition some similarities of Sultan Pasha arum d'Angkhor vibe in dry down . I am not saying it's identical but it has the vibe.
    Thank you for mentioning this! It was driving me nuts trying to think of where I had smelled something similar to Ottoman Empire. I knew it was something from Sultan Pasha, but I couldn't figure out which attar it was.

Basenotes Plus

"The best perfume world has seen in ages. Period. It has all the elements of a classic chypre from the golden days of perfumery. Creativity: infinite and unregulated. Starts off with a blast of powdered citrus and floral powder. Then the dark animal musk unleashes a sensual extravaganza and transports me into medieval era. What remains of it within a few hours is the authentic erotic note of deer musk. It's magical and extraordinarily beautiful. Pure velvet. No musk fragrance has ever given me this pure thrill the closest was Diaghilev by Roja..."

This is a wonderful description of Siberian Musk and closely mirrors my own feelings about this scent (chypre-ishness and all). And now that I have worn it every day for weeks, I find its musky furriness somewhat closer in profile to L'Ombre Fauve than to Muscs Koublai Khan. All in all, it wears/smells like a softer and deeper and furrier mashup of Maai, Diagheliv, and L'Ombre Fauve.

Don't know if anyone needs this info, but here are its listed notes (according to Areej le Dore):

Top notes: Italian bergamot and lime, Indian mandarin, Siberian smoky pine. Freshly co-distilled hydrosol from exotic fruits and citruses.

Middle notes: a maceration made from legally obtained, wild Siberian deer musk grains, Moroccan orange blossom, Australian sandalwood, galbanum, cypress and a variety of spices.

Base notes: wild, green agarwood oils from Papua New Guinea, blue cypress absolute, patchouli, amber resin, clean Indian vetiver and Indian herbal musk attar.
    Last edited by Starblind; 5th July 2017 at 04:20 PM.

Hey all. Love this stuff, but just might... might sell my new bottle of Siberian Musk (99% full)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SayfAli; 19th July 2017 at 06:23 AM. Reason: ..

Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    On the contrary, my lady loves powder! She actually came real close to me but couldn't tell if I was the source. So the 'musky powder' is detectable in the air but up close, you won't get it. Starblind's similar experience seems to confirn this powderiness could be something others tend to notice more than the wearer does.

Basenotes Member

I got yesterday the #59 of Siberian Musk.
    Today I wear Ottoman Empire and I am very impressed too. Full review to come.

Sorry for the inverted pics and attached images, I am not very good with cell phone!

IMG_2100.jpgIMG_2093.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hainss; 5th July 2017 at 09:47 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    I got yesterday the #59 of Siberian Musk.
    Today I wear Ottoman Empire and I am very impressed too. Full review to come.
    IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    Ottoman Empire is delicious and utterly unisex. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one!

Also, Russian Adam mentioned to me yesterday that he has approximately 30 bottles of Siberian Musk left. (Just a heads up to anyone interested.)

Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast