Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Thanks for posting those pics, Hains! Is that an atomiser from the house? Never seen it before. And what are those 2 vials labelled 'Din Dan' and 'Bio Hirto'??

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    I got yesterday the #59 of Siberian Musk.
    Today I wear Ottoman Empire and I am very impressed too. Full review to come.

Sorry for the inverted pics and attached images, I am not very good with cell phone!

Attachment 68494Attachment 68495
    Congrats !!
    What Attar is in the other box ?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thanks for posting those pics, Hains! Is that an atomiser from the house? Never seen it before. And what are those 2 vials labelled 'Din Dan' and 'Bio Hirto'??
    It's an oud oil called Velvet Kyen, and the two samples are oud oil too. All that oil is from the house Feel Oud, also from Russian Adam.
    It's my second bottle of oud oil, I received Ensar oud - Yusuf last week. It's my initiation to oud oil. I really like that! After an initiation to oil by Tribute attar and then Sultan Pasha, oud oil is another very positive discovery.
    For me, those recent discovery change the game, I look at some of my standard perfumes with less interest. I thinked to sell some regulars bottles to buy more attar or perfume with more concentration like Slumberhouse, Areej le dore, etc.
    That talked to me when Mustafa compared Areej composition with Sultan Pasha Attar, I also got the attar vibe, not the same thing than an attar, but more in that genre than other standard perfume.

I also smell the powder note, but it's not only that, or a turn off for me. I am not a fan of powder note, but by now I can live with it easily. My girlfriend also told the word powder to described it.

Sorry for my english

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    It's an oud oil called Velvet Kyen, and the two samples are oud oil too. All that oil is from the house Feel Oud, also from Russian Adam.
    It's my second bottle of oud oil, I received Ensar oud - Yusuf last week. It's my initiation to oud oil. I really like that! After an initiation to oil by Tribute attar and then Sultan Pasha, oud oil is another very positive discovery.
    For me, those recent discovery change the game, I look at some of my standard perfumes with less interest. I thinked to sell some regulars bottles to buy more attar or perfume with more concentration like Slumberhouse, Areej le dore, etc.
    That talked to me when Mustafa compared Areej composition with Sultan Pasha Attar, I also got the attar vibe, not the same thing than an attar, but more in that genre than other standard perfume.

I also smell the powder note, but it's not only that, or a turn off for me. I am not a fan of powder note, but by now I can live with it easily. My girlfriend also told the word powder to described it.

Sorry for my english
    Your English is great! And I'd love to hear more of your thoughts and impressions of the oud oils, if you get a chance.

Default Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

I used Siberian musk briefly for the last two days . It's really potent musky scent with a beautiful combination of lime/citrusy notes . I really enjoyed the dry down. On my skin the dry down smells like musk which I really liked it. I don't sense powdery vibe on my skin . As we all know the skin chemistry plays a role. I enjoyed Ottoman Empire ( my sample ran out ) , I am sure to have a good time with Musk in future .

I don't regret spending $350 on the bottle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa911 View Post
    I used Siberian musk briefly for the last two days . It's really potent musky scent with a beautiful combination of lime/citrusy notes . I really enjoyed the dry down. On my skin the dry down smells like musk which I really liked it. I don't sense powdery vibe on my skin . As we all know the skin chemistry plays a role. I enjoyed Ottoman Empire ( my sample ran out ) , I am sure to have a good time with Musk in future .

I don't regret spending $350 on the bottle .

So glad you're enjoying SB! I've never owned a scent that pleased me so much from top to bottom. Usually there's some aspect of a scent that is less pleasing to me, but here I love the citrusy top notes, the musky orange blossom middle, and the furry musk base. Yum!

Basenotes Member

I don't have the habit to make reviews, because I am not good to find notes in fragrances. Also, I am not really good in english, so that made me shy. But after two wear, here is my first impression on Siberian Musk.

From the opening, I don't had a sharp lime note on my skin. I can smell lime on the sprayer after a spray, but the day after the lime note faded away from the sprayer. I concluded that the lime note will probably stay more on fabrics.
    On my skin, the opening is a blend of pine, maybe white floral and an body odor feel, maybe urine, or sweat (not a unpleasant, sharp and aggressive urine note, but a more like a warm urine feeling). I don't want to scare somebody here with the word urine, the whole is an interesting opening. Also, maybe beeswax and an a spice like cumin come play a role here, but I can tell. At the moment it's not the part I like the most, maybe during a more cold temperature, I'll like that opening more.
    After 30min to 1 hour, the scent change a little bit. I got less of that body odor and a dominant note of this fragrance come slowly to take place, I guess it's the musk. That processes make the fragrance does many transformation when the time pass, giving the opportunity to different aspects of the composition to emerge, but I can't describe all that now. I'll try to give an overall fell of that musk note who is probably the main note of the drydown.

From a color of a dirty and pale green yellow in the opening, we pass to a creamy white with a touch of yellow, maybe more the multifaceted of an nacre white of an oyster shell but with a touch of yellow tint, for the rest of development of the fragrance.
    That musk is so fluffy! Like if you can be high in the sky, in the middle of a dense cloud, and a warm scent emerge to your nose. That's not a clean white, the type you can associate with an abstract angel purity. That's more like an oily, furry, animal, made of flesh, heaven scent!
    I can smell a little bit of sweet and powder there too. About that aspect, something strange come to my mind; a warm and fluffy marshmallow vibe (not at all a candy sweet note, but more like a warm and sticky marshmallow plunged into a body oil of something else I can't define.)

I can easily imagine the similarity to a vintage french perfumery chypre, or musk based fragrance, but I don't know very well that genre, so I can't compare.
    One fragrance come to my mind, it's Amouage - Jubilation 25 for women, they are not the same at all, but a link was made in my mind for reason. Jub 25 have more clean and sharp colors, but also he is more thin compare to the fluffy, potent and more raw feel of SM.
    That bring me to talk about longevity. Jub 25 don't last long, and for me he have a poor projection and poor silage. SM have a very long longevity, a moderate projection, but maybe a huge silage that I can't smell. Siberian Musk share probably similarity to extrait or attar type, because it not project very much. With my two wear I don't got it without smelling my arm. About the silage, today, at 10h, I sprayed SM three times, two on my neck and one on my inner arm. At 18h I was outside, with a little wind, and my girlfriend arrive to home, and then she told me that, at 2 meter away from me, she smelled my perfume. She don't really like it, so, I don't had a good compliment Anyway,she don't like animalic, like Maai, Oudh Infini, etc.

About Maai, I had a rash on my inner wrist during my first wearing of SM. That's not the first time that I had a reaction at this particular place. I had with Bogue - Maai, Rania J - Ambre Loup, Puredistance M (but not all the time), Sultan Pasha - Nakan Kudo. I conclude that a note common in the chypre composition do that, but I don't know which! Today I spayed SM on my elbow and my neck and don't had rash. Maai and SM can share similarity because of the vintage chypre style, but I find Maai more sharp on the animalic note and more aggresive overall.

In conclusion, it's a fragrance who challenge me, in a good way. I like the quality feel of the ingredients and the longevity. The musk note in the drydown is very impressive! That promises!
    Last edited by Hainss; 7th July 2017 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks, Hainss for that rundown on Siberian Musk. So your girlfriend doesn't share your enthusiasm, eh ? What kind of scents does she enjoy? It might explain her reaction.

I've been wearing Siberian Musk every other day and loving it every time. The spiced citrus/pine opening no longer poses a problem for me. The central musk is one of the friendliest I have ever encountered. Nothing overtly feral or skanky. On the ' animalic' register, Siberian Musk is nowhere near the levels reached by MAAI, Absolue Pour le Soir or Salome.

Thanks, Hainss for that rundown on Siberian Musk. Nothing overtly feral or skanky. On the ' animalic' register, Siberian Musk is nowhere near the levels reached by MAAI, Absolue Pour le Soir or Salome.
    Agreed not even close to animalic of APLS . APLS you need an acquire taste to tolerate but I love APLS a lot.

Basenotes Member

Thanks, Hainss for that rundown on Siberian Musk. So your girlfriend doesn't share your enthusiasm, eh ? What kind of scents does she enjoy? It might explain her reaction.

I've been wearing Siberian Musk every other day and loving it every time. The spiced citrus/pine opening no longer poses a problem for me. The central musk is one of the friendliest I have ever encountered. Nothing overtly feral or skanky. On the ' animalic' register, Siberian Musk is nowhere near the levels reached by MAAI, Absolue Pour le Soir or Salome.
    She can like all that strong perfumes, but not the animalic with civet, castoreum, etc. The only animalic that she can bear is Montecristo, who is one of my favorite animalic fragrance.
    I tried really hard to make her love Absolue pour le soir, I tried to play trick to her, but no, she spot the animalic note from a milles away, all the time. His face is not pretty when she smell it.
    Salome is more acceptable to her, but it's not her favorite.
    She also find Empire Ottoman too animalic... an other family member, a women, said, ; «animal urine». I think that one is not a crowd pleaser too. I don't understand, seriously, this one is more soft, an pretty good too. Maybe that one is for a trained nose too!
    I think the animalic notes in Areej frags are not too strong, because the fragrance is complex and the animalic note is well borded by other notes. I got no sharp animalic note who scream like a big Maai cat, but more a subtle note, one that give deep to the fragrance.

My wife says to me yesterday, whatever you've been wearing the last couple of days smells really good.

She rarely comments - I was wearing Siberian Musk those days.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    My wife says to me yesterday, whatever you've been wearing the last couple of days smells really good.

She rarely comments - I was wearing Siberian Musk those days.
    A delightful shock: my perfume-phobic husband is also a fan of Siberian Musk.

I've been wearing Siberian Musk every other day and loving it every time. The spiced citrus/pine opening no longer poses a problem for me.
    That's encouraging. I tried it from an STC sample a couple of days ago, and was really bothered by the lime. I will have to try it again, because I really adore the rest of the fragrance. The musk is truly divine here, it smells warm, intimate and familiar, like the feeling of falling asleep nuzzled in your lover's arms.
    Currently wearing: La Panthère by Cartier

I am Shocked to hear that anyone can describe ottoman empire as urine . Seriously that's some very strange observation from anyone that live on human planet . Sorry to say that !!

Ottoman Empire is beautiful , oh my !!!

Last edited by Mustafa911; 8th July 2017 at 08:31 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I am Shocked to hear that anyone can describe ottoman empire as urine . Seriously that's some very strange observation from anyone that live on human planet . Sorry to say that !!

Ottoman Empire is beautiful , oh my !!!

I agree! It is a gorgeous, warm, slightly oud-y, rose-y wonder!

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I finally got the chance to wear Siberian Musk on skin. The initial opening is oily citrus and pine, giving a glimpse into the musky elements, and an enjoyable phase. Beyond this, it slowly transforms into an accord that is mostly musk, augmented with spices and some woody-floral touches. This transformation begins at around one hour after application, and takes place over another 3-4 hours. The musk note is clean, fresh and deep. Anyone looking for a skanky musk is bound to be disappointed: compared to Muscs Koublai Khan (the version I've tried), Salome and MAAI (I don't find any of these skanky either ....) - this is rather clean. There is a second and final transformation as the fragrance dries down to its base accord, which is mostly musk supported by a touch of woods. This phase starts at about six hours post application and lasts a long time. Curiously, this final accord is just very slightly a touch skanky compared to its initial and mid phases - however, again, not at all when if considered in relation to the other fragrances I mentioned. Personally, this final accord is also not as enjoyable or engaging as the initial and mid phases.

I found projection to be on the lower side, however it exhibits excellent duration at around twelve hours, or even more. The other point of note is that the (relative) absence of floral notes. This would be interesting to anyone looking for a fresh, clean, natural musk fragrance with some depth, and without any skank or florals. Another note - at no point is the musk or the fragrance is sweet by any stretch of imagination. It's not bitter either, and I don't get any medicinal, or even a herbal vibe at any stage of development.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Basenotes Plus

My bottle arrived just after I put on Frapin Paradis Perdu...so I showered and then put this on. It's been just over an hour but a stunning perfume and think I will double down on this....if any are left.

Siberia is a BIG place and I have only ever spent two periods of substantial time there...... early spring and mid Autumn.

Have all the perfumes mentioned in this thread and can't relate those to what I am wearing. This is more Sakhalin Deer than Siberian Deer to me ...in that it reminds me of the beautiful island of Sakhalin so far.

Haven't tried the other two perfumes yet.

OK several hours later.....this really is a magic carpet ride of a fragrance. The opening lime is not oily to me at all, but a vibrant lime that lasted about 20-30 minutes on me(smell the cap several hours later) .......there is always a beautiful musk with you (clean, rich ...and seems to be creamy to me....but as I don't eat any dairy, sugar, wheat or meat not sure if I remember what creamy is) as the perfume evolves. The fruits and flowers especially an exquisite orange blossom certainly come along for the ride, and then the beautiful resins of pine and cypress and a fine fleeting oud that pops in and out. Understand this is Siberian deer musk......but it reminds me of late spring in Sakhalin, in the mountains, where smells are vibrant and you feel you are the only person there. Stunning perfume.

Put a spray on a cashmere throw, a silk wrap and of all things a full length antique black diamond mink coat given to me by my grandmother(was terrified to put it on any other mink coats in case it stained) which smells of all the beautiful perfumes she wore and hours later the new scent is right at home.

Congratulations to Russian Adam for making this fascinating and beautiful perfume.
    Last edited by Sea Roses; 10th July 2017 at 05:48 PM.
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Basenotes Plus

Fabulous opening! The lime is so rich and real!
    Last edited by Sea Roses; 10th July 2017 at 05:51 PM.
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Dependent

Today I gave in/broke down and ordered a bottle of Siberian Musk. Now for the long wait.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Top 10 for Summer 2019 - Hot Weather 91F (33C) and up
    01. Dubai Meydan by Nabeel
    02. Aventus by Creed
    03. Lalique Pour Homme Equus by Lalique
    04. Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne
    05. Arabian Knight by Arabian Oud
    06. Acqua Di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani
    07. Vetiver by Etro
    08. Luciano Pavarotti by Luciano Pavarotti
    09. Silver Mountain Water by Creed
    10. Eau Sauvage by Dior

My Siberian musk bottle # 57 not 56 . Sorry

Basenotes Plus

My Siberian musk bottle # 57 not 56 . Sorry

Yes I know Mustafa911.......my order was placed before you placed your order. My perfumes were delayed in Leipzig clearing customs there.

regards

sea roses

Having a great time reading these reviews. Lovely.
    Last edited by SayfAli; 19th July 2017 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Review

Sea Roses, do you mean to say you get mostly lime in the opening? No spice at all?

freewheelingvagabond
    is absolutely on the money about the musk. There is zero skank to be found in Siberian Musk and I find this rather surprising given its genuine deer musk content. But if I understood it correctly such differences could be attributed to variations in species of muskdeer the musk grains originate from, the muskdeers' natural habitat and the musk tincturing process. Perhaps ClaireV's next article on musk will shed some light on this fascinating subject.

This absence of stank does not necessarily mean Siberian Musk is not animalic. The animalic aspect lies deep at the subterranean level - I feel it more than I smell it. Perhaps that's why it has been variously described by different wearers in broad textural and visceral terms of "hugs, embraces, warm blankets, fur, fluffy, soft, etc."

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact. Right now I'm dying to wear out my Ottoman Empire but the cold I'm currently tolerating will simply attenuate the experience.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 12th July 2017 at 01:47 AM.

Today we've had 91 degree in NJ. I dab some Ottoman Empire and left home for post office . As soon as I walked up to the counter , usps lady few feet away asked you must be the one wearing cologne because you are the only one in the shop. I embarrassingly replied yes !!

I asked her of an impression of Ottoman Empire and she replied it's beautiful and she loved it !!

First time ever I wore Ottoman Empire outside home and on 90 degrees and received the compliment . I only used maybe few drops

Ottoman Empire really projects even in hot weather

Last edited by Mustafa911; 12th July 2017 at 02:07 AM.

Dependent

Are the Areej le Doré fragrances applied with an atomizer or a wand? (spray or oil?)

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact.
    Myself as well! So far I have only received the paypal payment confirmation.
    Last edited by Vmaster; 12th July 2017 at 02:24 AM.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

02. Aventus by Creed
    07. Vetiver by Etro
    10. Eau Sauvage by Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaster View Post
    Are the Areej le Doré fragrances applied with an atomizer or a wand? (spray or oil?)

Myself as well! So far I have only received the paypal payment confirmation.
    Spray. I dab it today because I am on last few drops of my sample and atomizer doesn't work with low supplies

Dependent

Spray. I dab it today because I am on last few drops of my sample and atomizer doesn't work with low supplies
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

02. Aventus by Creed
    07. Vetiver by Etro
    10. Eau Sauvage by Dior

Basenotes Plus

Sea Roses, do you mean to say you get mostly lime in the opening? No spice at all?

freewheelingvagabond
    is absolutely on the money about the musk. There is zero skank to be found in Siberian Musk and I find this rather surprising given its genuine deer musk content. But if I understood it correctly such differences could be attributed to variations in species of muskdeer the musk grains originate from, the muskdeers' natural habitat and the musk tincturing process. Perhaps ClaireV's next article on musk will shed some light on this fascinating subject.

This absence of stank does not necessarily mean Siberian Musk is not animalic. The animalic aspect lies deep at the subterranean level - I feel it more than I smell it. Perhaps that's why it has been variously described by different wearers in broad textural and visceral terms of "hugs, embraces, warm blankets, fur, fluffy, soft, etc."

I'm looking forward to Vmaster's experience with it. Hope the bottle arrives intact. Right now I'm dying to wear out my Ottoman Empire but the cold I'm currently tolerating will simply attenuate the experience.
    Dear Diamondflame,

My first blast was the limes....and being a lover of limes, the quality of this really shocked me. Certainly I did get spices but not initially, they seemed to come in 15 minutes into the fragrance. My response was short as I am having a hectic week........but this is a beautiful perfume. And I have to get back to Adam about the other scents because they are also stunning.

Re your comments on *shank* which I found nothing off.......and this brings up an interesting matter about musk. Greeks tend to be very *blunt* at times and there is a woman I buy perfumes from at Athens duty free. Must have got her on a bad day as I asked did she have anything interesting in aside from the usual lines. She blurted out to me after 30 years in perfumes she was just fed up and wanted to smell clean, comforted and fresh. She then said take this .......like an imperative command.......it was NR Musc and said I'm the manager for you it's half price.

Yes people's misconceptions about musk need to be explained perhaps. Today I was tempted to wear Siberian Musk, but I have much to do and don't have time to jot down notes.

Instead I put on MKK...which I think is also a wonderful perfume.

And also I adore Serge Noir........to me, this must be what opium is like...with an exquisite smell. Whenever I get insomnia I put sprays on my wrist go back to bed sniff my wrists and I'm off into a deep sleep waking to heavenly wafts. And yes I am one of those OCD people who changes my sheets every day. Was brought up that way and nothing is going to change now!

kind regards

sea roses

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2017/0...w-theyre-made/

For those of you interested in Russian Adam's main venture, oud and sandalwood oils, please see above a most excellent and thorough article by Kafkaesque on FeelOud, published today! Reviews of some of his pure ouds and sandalwood distillations to follow.

Thanks for the link, ClaireV. I haven't gone deep into 'sandalwood' yet so this interests me greatly.

The good news is my cold is finally gone, and my nose is working well again. To celebrate, I'm wearing out the last drops of Ottoman Empire. And no, I don't smell 'animal urine' at all though I seemed to freak a stray cat out with my fragrance. I wonder which part has that effect though. *sigh* I could really use more of this juice... like 50 ml more.

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast