Code of Conduct
Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3108

Default Re: Areej le Doré : The Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    why would you think another week?
    their shipping speed usually seems to be overstated.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by High Barnet View Post
    lol
    Ha! That is funny. I mean do you have some evidence other than just adding an extra week on there arbitrarily. They’ve already extended it once.

Ha! That is funny. I mean do you have some evidence other than just adding an extra week on there arbitrarily. They’ve already extended it once.
    No, I have no evidence.
    Just safe to add at least a week to whatever the initial estimate.
    I'll be as excited as you when I get a shipping notice - definitely looking forward to these bottles!

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by High Barnet View Post
    No, I have no evidence.
    Just safe to add at least a week to whatever the initial estimate.
    I'll be as excited as you when I get a shipping notice - definitely looking forward to these bottles!
    I second that. They can't ship soon enough as I have reread this thread many times gleaning information to height of excitement and sometimes exhaustion. We certainly have talented noses to keep giving such a descriptive perspectives.

Screenshot_20190415-203823.jpg

I received my Pre-Orders with hand delivery in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by kosovic View Post

Link is not clickable but I am super jealous!

WOW! So...that’s why these pre-orders ran out so quickly.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking too. But to each his own! Hope those weren’t bought to go directly on eBay.

Kosovic are u from Kosovo?

Basenotes Plus

I can't tell--is that 10 bottles of one scent, or 5 bottles of two, or what?

(And I thought I had gone overboard with my bottles of the original Siberian Musk!) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    I can't tell--is that 10 bottles of one scent, or 5 bottles of two, or what?

(And I thought I had gone overboard with my bottles of the original Siberian Musk!) :-)
    Are you wearing the original or SM 2?

Anyone else notice the dope jacket Adam was wearing at the Dubai convention?? I want that jacket and a graphic tee. Would it be too much to ask for a velour tracksuit? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

It seems that Kafka is not impressed by SM2 (unlike the OE2, who did have great similarities to the first version). Even prefers RM to SM2. On his twitter recently published:"Honestly, ... When I wear SM2, there isn't an immediate invocation or visual of something as there were for the original Areejs....It's silly to expect every scent to launch great poetic visions or immediate symbolic associations upon wearing it, so my blankness doesn't mean much. However, I will be honest: for reasons that I simply cannot comprehend or pinpoint, SM2 doesn't move me like its predecessors....The diff. in later hours or drydown comes down to differences in note delineation, body, density, weight, heft, etc. SM2 does have big *olfactory* similarities to SM1, but I find its performance, essence, & gist to feel diff. enough for me to prefer RM, esp. as RM has ... more of a honeyed Oud sweetness, patchouli, smoke, leather, chocolate (via the patchouli), & creamy sandalwood. SM2 has partial whispers of that. But SM1 is such a monstrous beast (32-36 hrs on my skin) that we're STILL in the lemon syrup, rose, deer musk, etc, early stages!..".

I guess the success of SM1 made people go crazy with purchases. As I expected, it was really difficult to get a version similar to the first, since the rare materials and the quality of them can not be obtained anymore and the result has been nuanced. I was about to give the payment button with Paypal the next day in which the web was reestablished, but I managed to repress my desire for this. I'm glad I did not do it. Surely now I would regret. Finally, I took a bottle of OE2, when it was running out, especially after the practically positive opinion of Kafka and more considering that I only have about 20% of my bottle OE1.

It seems that Kafka is not impressed by SM2 (unlike the OE2, who did have great similarities to the first version). Even prefers RM to SM2. On his twitter recently published:"Honestly, ... When I wear SM2, there isn't an immediate invocation or visual of something as there were for the original Areejs....It's silly to expect every scent to launch great poetic visions or immediate symbolic associations upon wearing it, so my blankness doesn't mean much. However, I will be honest: for reasons that I simply cannot comprehend or pinpoint, SM2 doesn't move me like its predecessors....The diff. in later hours or drydown comes down to differences in note delineation, body, density, weight, heft, etc. SM2 does have big *olfactory* similarities to SM1, but I find its performance, essence, & gist to feel diff. enough for me to prefer RM, esp. as RM has ... more of a honeyed Oud sweetness, patchouli, smoke, leather, chocolate (via the patchouli), & creamy sandalwood. SM2 has partial whispers of that. But SM1 is such a monstrous beast (32-36 hrs on my skin) that we're STILL in the lemon syrup, rose, deer musk, etc, early stages!..".

I guess the success of SM1 made people go crazy with purchases. As I expected, it was really difficult to get a version similar to the first, since the rare materials and the quality of them can not be obtained anymore and the result has been nuanced. I was about to give the payment button with Paypal the next day in which the web was reestablished, but I managed to repress my desire for this. I'm glad I did not do it. Surely now I would regret. Finally, I took a bottle of OE2, when it was running out, especially after the practically positive opinion of Kafka and more considering that I only have about 20% of my bottle OE1.

Quote Originally Posted by parfumeur081 View Post
    Kosovic are u from Kosovo?
    My grandfather came from Kosovo to Turkey. My surname was Kosovic. I'm using for my nicknames.

Kind of what I was thinking too. But to each his own! Hope those weren’t bought to go directly on eBay.
    Nobody will never see this perfumes in any trade area because of me. Unlike I'm buying from collectors for myself and paying so much high price. For example I bought 1 bottle used Inverno Russo 3000 Turkish Liras

Basenotes Plus

Nobody will never see this perfumes in any trade area because of me. Unlike I'm buying from collectors for myself and paying so much high price. For example I bought 1 bottle used Inverno Russo 3000 Turkish Liras
    I am happy for you with your purchases.
    I'm getting a bottle of SM2, for I didn't get on in the first one.
    I did get 15 mls of it in decants via strifeknot.
    I will be getting a 5 ml of OM2 from him this time.
    I did get OM1 .
    Once again. Good for you.

edit
    just looked .
    getting a 5 ml from strifeknot of SM2 also.
    Last edited by JBS1; 18th April 2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: cnatspeeel

I've got my tracking information now. It says the package was posted on 17th.
    So the orders have started to be sent out.
    Currently wearing: Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff

Kafkaesque got 36 hours from a single application of Siberian Musk?? On skin or fabric? That’s amazing! I never had such longevity from the original. On skin ~12 hours tops but easily twice as long on fabric. Perhaps my bottle was a ‘dud’? Anyway, do take these reviews with a grain of salt and judge it for yourself. I’m still bummed I missed out on Siberian Musk 2 though I do have a tiny sample to compare against the original. In a side by side comparison you could smell a slight batch-related variation but they are minor. And likely will iron themselves out with a little more in-bottle maceration time. On its own it smells unmistakably 100% Siberian Musk.

Overall I think Russian Adam did a stellar job reincarnating these two. I’m looking forward to reading the experiences of the first-time wearers.

Just got a shipment confirmation, I am so excited now!

No shipping notification for me yet...I was wondering when these were going out. Seems a bit of conflicting information from the instagram posts which I guess is the main way to get information regarding the company and your order these days. It's a little annoying honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich72 View Post

You mean "her" Twitter account (Kafka is a woman).

I wouldn't pay too much attention, scent is always subjective and a lot of factors are at play. I have noticed that ALD's get better and stronger once they have settled for a few months like Diamondflame alluded to.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Kafkaesque got 36 hours from a single application of Siberian Musk?? On skin or fabric? That’s amazing! I never had such longevity from the original. On skin ~12 hours tops but easily twice as long on fabric. Perhaps my bottle was a ‘dud’? Anyway, do take these reviews with a grain of salt and judge it for yourself. I’m still bummed I missed out on Siberian Musk 2 though I do have a tiny sample to compare against the original. In a side by side comparison you could smell a slight batch-related variation but they are minor. And likely will iron themselves out with a little more in-bottle maceration time. On its own it smells unmistakably 100% Siberian Musk.

Overall I think Russian Adam did a stellar job reincarnating these two. I’m looking forward to reading the experiences of the first-time wearers.
    I wore Siberian musk the other day and I could still smell a whisper of it after 24 hours. when I say “whisper” I mean I had my nose to the skin on my wrist. I too am excited to read about people’s impressions that haven’t had the chance to try the original. If it’s anything similar to the original, people will fall in love ��

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MrPod View Post
    I've got my tracking information now. It says the package was posted on 17th.
    So the orders have started to be sent out.
    Excellent . Good to hear this .

Anyway, do take these reviews with a grain of salt and judge it for yourself.
    Certainly yes .Give it time.
    Completely agree.
    Don't be dissuaded .
    Try it , if your unsure , let it sit and then go back to it.
    You'll be amazed , thus happy.
    Don't leave until the magic happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Just got a shipment confirmation, I am so excited now!
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    No shipping notification for me yet...I was wondering when these were going out.
    Me neither .
    I did order differently , and not from the Areej Le Dore web page.
    I ordered directly from PayPal using his/Areej Le Dore's yahoo so.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Still patiently waiting for a shipping confirmation myself. Hopefully, today is the magic day. Looking forward to trying these out by next week if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Certainly yes .Give it time.
    Completely agree.
    Don't be dissuaded .
    Try it , if your unsure , let it sit and then go back to it.
    You'll be amazed , thus happy.
    Don't leave until the magic happens.
    If the magic still doesn’t happen, PM me - I’ll make your bottle ‘disappear’.

Got my shipping confirmation as well. I ordered before the pre-order went live though.

I guess we can’t compare a SM with 2+ years maceration with a SM2 that hasn’t got 1 month in the bottle.

You need to stop using Kafka as a metric for your enjoyment, s/he is a bloodhound, s/he likely has been called to crime scenes for forensic nasal analysis, and even if a perfume is different (and why shouldn't it be?) face it, your nose just ain't nearly as good, no way, no how. Your nose is -- speaking relatively to his/hers -- ignorant, and ignorance is bliss, in this case at least.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Are you wearing the original or SM 2?
    Both.

Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast