Code of Conduct

Default Xerjoff 17/17 Homme

I'd like to hear thoughts of this one. I've read the reviews here and there, but like to hear some more.

Yeah I know the obvious, it is ultimately overpriced and it is not worth the price but is it good?

Is it 'the king of all leathers' or what? Alternatives?
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Xerjoff 17/17 Homme

I received a free sample of this from First in Fragrance with a previous purchase I made a few years back. It's a very nice woody-leather scent that has just the right amount of spice. Longevity was excellent from what I recall.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Nah, far from the king of leathers. Sample thoroughly because it has four stages. The opening is gorgeous but it gradualy gets drier and more boring. Make sure you enjoy all phases at this price level

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    The opening is gorgeous but it gradualy gets drier and more boring.
    Was afraid to hear this.

That sounds like many others from Xerjoff I've tried. All of them seem to open up magnificent but end up being bad or, well, unpleasant. Of course there are exceptions, like with all houses.
    Last edited by Herne; 9th July 2017 at 03:49 PM.

I'm sure you will find many different opinions out there for this one.

For me it is my favorite "leather" and I own a 100ML bottle.

I certainly don't wear it every day as I find it better suited for formal occasions.

Grab a sample, if you like leather fragrances I don't think you will be disappointed.

Been sampling this for awhile now. It really has one of the best openings I have ever smelled. Just pure heavenly bliss for me. I do enjoy it's development through it's rather short lifetime. I do get only 5-7 hours out of it. But I am quite ready to pour some serious cash on that opening alone.

Is there anything out there that has similar petrochemical opening?

I find Etro Gomma to be somewhat similar in the opening. Very good fragrance (at least in vintage form) yet weirdly overlooked. Also, have you tried Knize Ten?

Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    Is there anything out there that has similar petrochemical opening?
    Before I bought my bottle I was looking for a "inexpensive" alternative that had a similar feel as well,and to my nose nothing really comes close.

Some people talk about Knize Ten being similar, and I'll admit they do have a somewhat similar vibe, but for me it's no substitute if you really like Homme.

I get excellent performance out of Homme, I was pleasantly surprised when I actually wore it from my bottle as opposed to applying from the samples I had.

You have got me wishing I was at home so I could wear it tomorrow.

Banned

Knize Ten does the same thing, only better for a fraction of the price.

Blog Entries

Oh wait, at first I was thinking of 17/17 XXY but Homme is an alright fragrance. I only sampled it a few times and found that while it was ok, it didn't do enough for me to warrant purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Knize Ten does the same thing, only better for a fraction of the price.
    Just hope it did, but have a sample of Knize Ten also and it doesn't. It totally lacks all that beautiful petrochemical and replaces it with something else that makes it unworthy for me. Have to get a sample of Gomma. Even it might not be an alternative, it is a worthy a sample on its own.