Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

Default Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

Have to confess...I'm not a rose fan at all...In fact I steer away from most rose scents and powder scents....Just don't like them on me...

But I must confess, after a full day wearing Royal Mayfair, this stuff is the bomb...This woody aromatic throws in some nice accents of rose at the base....It's one of those fragrances that if you can get through the initial blast of camphor at the beginning and be patient and wait for the end product, you will see what I see....Amazing scent and frankly not much mentioned about it hear on BN....Kind of weird especially when Aventus and MI always get a lot of press....This is the dark horse scent that I think I've been missing in my collection for some time...I need it there....

Question though, where is the best place to buy it ? Ebay ? Fragrancenet.com ? Thoughts ?

This is good stuff and morphs into something beautiful...Good longevity and projection too after 4-5 blasts to the skin....
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

It is indeed good stuff. I'm pretty sure it has hit most of the online discounters by now so just do a little comparison search to find the best price. Just make sure the place you purchase it from is reputable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The usual places in Paris are generally the way to get the best price on all Creeds, but I see good prices on RM everywhere I look (eBay, online discounters, and even here in our own marketplace).

May main concern with wearing RM is that it's such a polarizing scent. I see it kind of like Encre Noire or Sycomore. "I" like the smell, but some people don't like it at all. I see RM as that type of scent, so I'm always a bit fearful to wear it. Even Windsor is that way, although the 2009 version was friendlier.

I know we're all for wearing what pleases us, but at the same time, we don't want people holding their noses behind our back, pointing and snickering.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 16th July 2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, St James of London, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Have to confess...I'm not a rose fan at all...In fact I steer away from most rose scents and powder scents....Just don't like them on me...

But I must confess, after a full day wearing Royal Mayfair, this stuff is the bomb...This woody aromatic throws in some nice accents of rose at the base....It's one of those fragrances that if you can get through the initial blast of camphor at the beginning and be patient and wait for the end product, you will see what I see....Amazing scent and frankly not much mentioned about it hear on BN....Kind of weird especially when Aventus and MI always get a lot of press....This is the dark horse scent that I think I've been missing in my collection for some time...I need it there....

Question though, where is the best place to buy it ? Ebay ? Fragrancenet.com ? Thoughts ?

This is good stuff and morphs into something beautiful...Good longevity and projection too after 4-5 blasts to the skin....
    This is a gem. It's gotten some recent love on this forum lately. I enjoy it very much and it is definitely a scent you have to wait at least 30-45 minutes, maybe a bit more in order to get to a point where it shows you truly what it is. For me, as the eucalyptus fades over the hours and the rose becomes more prominent, it just gets better. The fragrance was engineered in a beautiful way and does justice to the central rose note in a way I haven't smelled in other fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    The usual places in Paris are generally the way to get the best price on all Creeds, but I see good prices on RM everywhere I look (eBay, online discounters, and even here in our own marketplace).

May main concern with wearing RM is that it's such a polarizing scent. I see it kind of like Encre Noire or Sycomore. "I" like the smell, but some people don't like it at all. I see RM as that type of scent, so I'm always a bit fearful to wear it. Even Windsor is that way, although the 2009 version was friendlier.

I know we're all for wearing what pleases us, but at the same time, we don't want people holding their noses behind our back, pointing and snickering.
    I agree.... and I actually think the worst part of the scent is in the beginning....so if you apply it in the morning it should have come down before you leave the house to go to work or wherever it is you go.... but I would recommend spraying it and waiting about 30 minutes before you head out and that's where you get the best part of the scent.....I don't think anybody would be offended by the basenotes of this particular fragrance..... it doesn't seem to me to be that offensive.... my wife loved the drydown and she is quite picky about the fragrances I wear..... it's also fantastic in this hot summer heat in Florida.....I love it!
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    This is a gem. It's gotten some recent love on this forum lately. I enjoy it very much and it is definitely a scent you have to wait at least 30-45 minutes, maybe a bit more in order to get to a point where it shows you truly what it is. For me, as the eucalyptus fades over the hours and the rose becomes more prominent, it just gets better. The fragrance was engineered in a beautiful way and does justice to the central rose note in a way I haven't smelled in other fragrances.
    Agreed.....and I'm not a big rose fan at all
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Basenotes Institution

I still haven't smelled Royal Mayfair. I was a HUGE fan of the original Windsor but I have read so many comments that RM is so different...
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Great fragrance indeed.
    Currently wearing: Incense Rosé by Tauer

Yes, this is GREAT stuff. Not my favorite from Creed, but certainly top 6. I actually like the opening, but I can see how some would find it a little too much.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Creed - Royal Oud
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Basenotes Plus

Maybe I'm seeing things but I think my sample is becoming darker. One day it might oxidize into Windsor.

Basenotes Plus

The SA was saying the name changed because the Windsor family requested it for the re-relase due to privacy of the family name?

I'm not really into it but I'm glad you found something you like. You should definitely be able to score a bottle for a good price now since it's no longer a new release and probably isn't the most popular CREED either. Unless you absolutely need a brand new bottle, I'd probably scour the Basenotes marketplace for someone selling a used bottle (with like 95% or more left). I think a lot of people bought it and then regretted it so you might be able to get a really good deal there. Otherwise, as hednic mentioned, it should be available at most of the online discounters.
    Currently wearing: Baraonda by Nasomatto

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    The SA was saying the name changed because the Windsor family requested it for the re-relase due to privacy of the family name?
    It's more likely that Creed wanted to distance themselves from the history that comes with the Windsor family name. It's all just speculation. Only Creed knows for sure, despite what people say.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Rose 31
    APOM
    Royal Oud
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Prada L'Homme
    Noir De Noir
    Reflection Man
    Dior Homme
    Aqua Universalis
    Hanae Mori H.M.
    Bergamote Soleil
    Aqua Celestia
    Original Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Great fragrance. One of my favourites from Creed

Default Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It is indeed good stuff. I'm pretty sure it has hit most of the online discounters by now so just do a little comparison search to find the best price. Just make sure the place you purchase it from is reputable.
    Bought my 4 oz from FragranceNet for under $170 shipped after one of their 35% off coupon codes.

And I have to say that this is now my favorite Creed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Niche & Hard-To-Find Sale (US Only): Frederic Malle, vintage Infusion de Vetiver, By Kilian
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I still haven't smelled Royal Mayfair. I was a HUGE fan of the original Windsor but I have read so many comments that RM is so different...
    i am a huge fan of Windsor as well. bought 3 falcons of it back in 2010. only have 1.5 left.

and honest to god, i like Royal Mayfair better. better separation of notes, extremely well blended. makes Windsor seems a little ham-handed by comparison.

and i love the opening. LOVE IT. interesting that it turned you off FSU. i'd be willing to bet that will change over time too.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes View Post
    i am a huge fan of Windsor as well. bought 3 falcons of it back in 2010. only have 1.5 left.

and honest to god, i like Royal Mayfair better. better separation of notes, extremely well blended. makes Windsor seems a little ham-handed by comparison.

and i love the opening. LOVE IT. interesting that it turned you off FSU. i'd be willing to bet that will change over time too.
    I wouldn't say it turned me off per se....Just surprising....That camphor kick in the beginning was a little shocking to say the least but the dry down is simply the best....Longevity and sillage is pretty awesome with this one which is pretty tough to say with a lot of Creed's creations outside of Aventus....Thats been my biggest problem with Spice and Woods...I love the scent but the price and projection is hardly worth it in my opinion....If I want a $500 skin scent, it better have gold in it....lol
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

word, I LOVE the opening too! Only frag I almost hated at first couple sniffs now top 5 most worn this year lol
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes View Post

Interesting, thanks for your impressions.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by OneBlueSummer View Post
    word, I LOVE the opening too! Only frag I almost hated at first couple sniffs now top 5 most worn this year lol
    I just cannot believe it's taken me THIS long to discover this one....It's been out for a while, correct ?
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

dont remember where I heard that but I've also heard that through the grape vine

I just cannot believe it's taken me THIS long to discover this one....It's been out for a while, correct ?
    Yes, if you include windsor about a decade! PMed

Basenotes Plus

The SA was saying ...
    Time to hold out my hand in the universal gesture of "lemme stop you right there."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    Time to hold out my hand in the universal gesture of "lemme stop you right there."
    Lol.

I don't get much rose, but the eucalyptus in here is to die for. Almost wore this for my SOTD today, I'll prob wear it tomorrow instead.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Great fragrance. One of my favourites from Creed
    You just stole my words.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to hunt down some another sample of this. It gets so much love here that I am beginning to think my sample has gone bad or is not the real thing even it is bought from official Creed reseller. My sample is absolutely awful, I get no rose or anything that can barely resemble anything pleasant. Smells like an old lady. Which isn't particularly very pleasant.

Even I don't have anything against old ladies
    Last edited by Herne; 17th July 2017 at 07:54 AM.

Basenotes Junkie Man Of The World's Avatar
    Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

I'm with you all the way. Probably my favorite fragrance as this moment in time!