Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41
  1. #1
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,391

    Default Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Have to confess...I'm not a rose fan at all...In fact I steer away from most rose scents and powder scents....Just don't like them on me...

    But I must confess, after a full day wearing Royal Mayfair, this stuff is the bomb...This woody aromatic throws in some nice accents of rose at the base....It's one of those fragrances that if you can get through the initial blast of camphor at the beginning and be patient and wait for the end product, you will see what I see....Amazing scent and frankly not much mentioned about it hear on BN....Kind of weird especially when Aventus and MI always get a lot of press....This is the dark horse scent that I think I've been missing in my collection for some time...I need it there....

    Question though, where is the best place to buy it ? Ebay ? Fragrancenet.com ? Thoughts ?

    This is good stuff and morphs into something beautiful...Good longevity and projection too after 4-5 blasts to the skin....
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    286,288

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    It is indeed good stuff. I'm pretty sure it has hit most of the online discounters by now so just do a little comparison search to find the best price. Just make sure the place you purchase it from is reputable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,242

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    The usual places in Paris are generally the way to get the best price on all Creeds, but I see good prices on RM everywhere I look (eBay, online discounters, and even here in our own marketplace).

    May main concern with wearing RM is that it's such a polarizing scent. I see it kind of like Encre Noire or Sycomore. "I" like the smell, but some people don't like it at all. I see RM as that type of scent, so I'm always a bit fearful to wear it. Even Windsor is that way, although the 2009 version was friendlier.

    I know we're all for wearing what pleases us, but at the same time, we don't want people holding their noses behind our back, pointing and snickering.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 16th July 2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    tspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Have to confess...I'm not a rose fan at all...In fact I steer away from most rose scents and powder scents....Just don't like them on me...

    But I must confess, after a full day wearing Royal Mayfair, this stuff is the bomb...This woody aromatic throws in some nice accents of rose at the base....It's one of those fragrances that if you can get through the initial blast of camphor at the beginning and be patient and wait for the end product, you will see what I see....Amazing scent and frankly not much mentioned about it hear on BN....Kind of weird especially when Aventus and MI always get a lot of press....This is the dark horse scent that I think I've been missing in my collection for some time...I need it there....

    Question though, where is the best place to buy it ? Ebay ? Fragrancenet.com ? Thoughts ?

    This is good stuff and morphs into something beautiful...Good longevity and projection too after 4-5 blasts to the skin....
    This is a gem. It's gotten some recent love on this forum lately. I enjoy it very much and it is definitely a scent you have to wait at least 30-45 minutes, maybe a bit more in order to get to a point where it shows you truly what it is. For me, as the eucalyptus fades over the hours and the rose becomes more prominent, it just gets better. The fragrance was engineered in a beautiful way and does justice to the central rose note in a way I haven't smelled in other fragrances.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,391

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    The usual places in Paris are generally the way to get the best price on all Creeds, but I see good prices on RM everywhere I look (eBay, online discounters, and even here in our own marketplace).

    May main concern with wearing RM is that it's such a polarizing scent. I see it kind of like Encre Noire or Sycomore. "I" like the smell, but some people don't like it at all. I see RM as that type of scent, so I'm always a bit fearful to wear it. Even Windsor is that way, although the 2009 version was friendlier.

    I know we're all for wearing what pleases us, but at the same time, we don't want people holding their noses behind our back, pointing and snickering.
    I agree.... and I actually think the worst part of the scent is in the beginning....so if you apply it in the morning it should have come down before you leave the house to go to work or wherever it is you go.... but I would recommend spraying it and waiting about 30 minutes before you head out and that's where you get the best part of the scent.....I don't think anybody would be offended by the basenotes of this particular fragrance..... it doesn't seem to me to be that offensive.... my wife loved the drydown and she is quite picky about the fragrances I wear..... it's also fantastic in this hot summer heat in Florida.....I love it!
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,391

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    This is a gem. It's gotten some recent love on this forum lately. I enjoy it very much and it is definitely a scent you have to wait at least 30-45 minutes, maybe a bit more in order to get to a point where it shows you truly what it is. For me, as the eucalyptus fades over the hours and the rose becomes more prominent, it just gets better. The fragrance was engineered in a beautiful way and does justice to the central rose note in a way I haven't smelled in other fragrances.
    Agreed.....and I'm not a big rose fan at all
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,700

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    I still haven't smelled Royal Mayfair. I was a HUGE fan of the original Windsor but I have read so many comments that RM is so different...
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shéliane by Detaille

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    42,404

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Great fragrance indeed.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  9. #9
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,219

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Yes, this is GREAT stuff. Not my favorite from Creed, but certainly top 6. I actually like the opening, but I can see how some would find it a little too much.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  10. #10
    Dependent Jowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

  11. #11

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Maybe I'm seeing things but I think my sample is becoming darker. One day it might oxidize into Windsor.

  12. #12
    Dependent Jowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    The SA was saying the name changed because the Windsor family requested it for the re-relase due to privacy of the family name?
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    I'm not really into it but I'm glad you found something you like. You should definitely be able to score a bottle for a good price now since it's no longer a new release and probably isn't the most popular CREED either. Unless you absolutely need a brand new bottle, I'd probably scour the Basenotes marketplace for someone selling a used bottle (with like 95% or more left). I think a lot of people bought it and then regretted it so you might be able to get a really good deal there. Otherwise, as hednic mentioned, it should be available at most of the online discounters.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Posts
    14,406
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    The SA was saying the name changed because the Windsor family requested it for the re-relase due to privacy of the family name?
    It's more likely that Creed wanted to distance themselves from the history that comes with the Windsor family name. It's all just speculation. Only Creed knows for sure, despite what people say.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Curve
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Aqua Celestia
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Rose 31
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Great fragrance. One of my favourites from Creed

  16. #16

    Default Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It is indeed good stuff. I'm pretty sure it has hit most of the online discounters by now so just do a little comparison search to find the best price. Just make sure the place you purchase it from is reputable.
    Bought my 4 oz from FragranceNet for under $170 shipped after one of their 35% off coupon codes.

    And I have to say that this is now my favorite Creed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

    Vintage Dior Leather Oud for sale (US only)

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I still haven't smelled Royal Mayfair. I was a HUGE fan of the original Windsor but I have read so many comments that RM is so different...
    i am a huge fan of Windsor as well. bought 3 falcons of it back in 2010. only have 1.5 left.

    and honest to god, i like Royal Mayfair better. better separation of notes, extremely well blended. makes Windsor seems a little ham-handed by comparison.

    and i love the opening. LOVE IT. interesting that it turned you off FSU. i'd be willing to bet that will change over time too.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,391

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes View Post
    i am a huge fan of Windsor as well. bought 3 falcons of it back in 2010. only have 1.5 left.

    and honest to god, i like Royal Mayfair better. better separation of notes, extremely well blended. makes Windsor seems a little ham-handed by comparison.

    and i love the opening. LOVE IT. interesting that it turned you off FSU. i'd be willing to bet that will change over time too.
    I wouldn't say it turned me off per se....Just surprising....That camphor kick in the beginning was a little shocking to say the least but the dry down is simply the best....Longevity and sillage is pretty awesome with this one which is pretty tough to say with a lot of Creed's creations outside of Aventus....Thats been my biggest problem with Spice and Woods...I love the scent but the price and projection is hardly worth it in my opinion....If I want a $500 skin scent, it better have gold in it....lol
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  19. #19
    Super Member OneBlueSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    word, I LOVE the opening too! Only frag I almost hated at first couple sniffs now top 5 most worn this year lol
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

  20. #20
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,700

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes View Post
    i am a huge fan of Windsor as well. bought 3 falcons of it back in 2010. only have 1.5 left.

    and honest to god, i like Royal Mayfair better. better separation of notes, extremely well blended. makes Windsor seems a little ham-handed by comparison.

    and i love the opening. LOVE IT. interesting that it turned you off FSU. i'd be willing to bet that will change over time too.
    Interesting, thanks for your impressions.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shéliane by Detaille

  21. #21
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,391

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBlueSummer View Post
    word, I LOVE the opening too! Only frag I almost hated at first couple sniffs now top 5 most worn this year lol
    I just cannot believe it's taken me THIS long to discover this one....It's been out for a while, correct ?
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  22. #22
    Super Member OneBlueSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    dont remember where I heard that but I've also heard that through the grape vine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    The SA was saying the name changed because the Windsor family requested it for the re-relase due to privacy of the family name?
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

  23. #23
    Super Member OneBlueSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I just cannot believe it's taken me THIS long to discover this one....It's been out for a while, correct ?
    Yes, if you include windsor about a decade! PMed
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

  24. #24
    Dependent schnozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NY / DC
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    The SA was saying ...
    Time to hold out my hand in the universal gesture of "lemme stop you right there."

  25. #25
    Dependent Jowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    Time to hold out my hand in the universal gesture of "lemme stop you right there."
    Lol.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

  26. #26
    Super Member OneBlueSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

  27. #27

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    I don't get much rose, but the eucalyptus in here is to die for. Almost wore this for my SOTD today, I'll prob wear it tomorrow instead.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Jaguar Pace by Jaguar

  28. #28
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,803

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Great fragrance. One of my favourites from Creed
    You just stole my words.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  29. #29

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    I need to hunt down some another sample of this. It gets so much love here that I am beginning to think my sample has gone bad or is not the real thing even it is bought from official Creed reseller. My sample is absolutely awful, I get no rose or anything that can barely resemble anything pleasant. Smells like an old lady. Which isn't particularly very pleasant.

    Even I don't have anything against old ladies
    Last edited by Herne; 17th July 2017 at 06:54 AM.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

  30. #30
    Dependent Man Of The World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Essex - But born & bred in good old East London
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Creed's Royal Mayfair - My new favorite Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Have to confess...I'm not a rose fan at all...In fact I steer away from most rose scents and powder scents....Just don't like them on me...

    But I must confess, after a full day wearing Royal Mayfair, this stuff is the bomb...This woody aromatic throws in some nice accents of rose at the base....It's one of those fragrances that if you can get through the initial blast of camphor at the beginning and be patient and wait for the end product, you will see what I see....Amazing scent and frankly not much mentioned about it hear on BN....Kind of weird especially when Aventus and MI always get a lot of press....This is the dark horse scent that I think I've been missing in my collection for some time...I need it there....

    Question though, where is the best place to buy it ? Ebay ? Fragrancenet.com ? Thoughts ?

    This is good stuff and morphs into something beautiful...Good longevity and projection too after 4-5 blasts to the skin....
    I'm with you all the way. Probably my favorite fragrance as this moment in time!
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's




Similar Threads

  1. 30% off Creed Royal Mayfair
    By Maxarom in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th February 2017, 11:38 AM
  2. CREED ROYAL MAYFAIR for Houbigant Fougere Royal
    By TR10 in forum Items for Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th December 2015, 12:19 PM
  3. I tried creed Royal Mayfair
    By Mr.Smellin.Good in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 5th November 2015, 05:54 PM
  4. Creed Royal Mayfair in the UK
    By scentsableguy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st July 2015, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000