Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 17th July, 2017

Hello everyone. Happy birthday, Elizrj!
    Teardrop, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Back from lovely, sunny Curacao. Beautiful island, beautiful people. That's one of the things I love best about traveling - getting to meet so many nice people from all over. Along with the locals, we met folks from Venezuela, Scotland, the Netherlands, Finland, Norway, even from Savannah, GA.

We did a bit of exploring that included a tour of the Hato Caves which was fascinating and informative. And on another day we took a sunset cruise on a catamaran around the island. But I spent the majority of my time like so:

In the evenings we ventured out for some of the freshest, most delicious seafood dinners to be had anywhere. The sunsets obliged us with a spectacular backdrop:

Such a pleasure to just get away and relax for the week.

I wore La Chasse aux Papillons, Angel Muse, Sensuous Nude, Piguet Calypso, and Alien Eau Extraordinaire, all of which were delicious in the heat.

SOTD is Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil. Wish you all a good start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Musk by Lorenzo Villoresi

Blog Entries

Thanks, tdem! And thanks for the pics, that looks like paradise!

Caligna this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Great pics, tdem! I've been discovering Calypso and loving it.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    “Art is a lie that tells the truth” - Pablo Picasso

Dora - Welcome back!
    Robin - Yikes!
    Kewart - Your new assemble sounds chic.
    Teardrop - Much sympathy.

My SOTD is Orris & Sandalwood. I must wear something that can be applied lightly to wear during a medical treatment.

My thoughts are with RHM during her surgery today.

Have a good day.

Basenotes Plus

Have a great day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

Have a great day everyone!
    I'd buy this one just for the bottle.

Healing vibes for Teardrop, RHM and Trilby Lark! Glad things turned out okay after all that excitement Robin. And welcome back to dora and tdem!

I am joining the out-of-season perfume club in Bruno Acampora Musk.

Good afternoon/evening, everyone!

I am not going gourmand today, but reached for something dry and woody.

Thanks for prodding me, Jon!

My SOTD is EDP of Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.
    "The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

"Thick dome of jasmine
    (Under the dense canopy where the white jasmine),
    Blends with the rose,
    (That blends with the rose),"
    "The Flower Duet," Lakme by Leo Delibes, 1881

SOTE: Itasca by Lubin

Blog Entries

Thanks, Trilby & cazaubon!

Healing thoughts going out to RHM & Trilby too.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Sugar by Franck Boclet

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Burberry London For Men tonight
    we have seen the enemy...and he is us.-Pogo
    Currently wearing: Yang by Jacques Fath

TDem, that looks so lovely!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I'd buy this one just for the bottle.
    Besides the good-looking bottle, the juice doesn't smell too shabby :-)

SotE

The power of bleu

I'm wearing Terracotta Le Parfum today. It's wonderful in the heat!

Oh gosh, so many people not feeling well ... my best get well wishes to all.

Robin, wow! That's some kind of excitement!

Terry, your trip sounds amazing!

sending happy birthday wishes to elizarj

kewart, I love me some cobalt blue! What is a jumper?

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hello friends!!!

Vernona, maybe you have been here for all the days I have been gone...but it is still lovely to see you again.

tdem, your vacation looks amazing! I loved the pics.

dora, I am delighted to see you again!

I have been on "vacation" in Vermont.

1. Vermont is cold.
    2. And rainy.
    3. And beautiful. But still...definitely doesn't feel like summer. Like an unpleasantly mountainy, muddy, and rainy spring, actually. We got home and were like, YAY OMG HUMIDITY YAY.

Also:

4. I love my family but parents + brother (with TBI so disabled in a variety of ways) + my husband (who is wonderful, but not easygoing) + 9 year old son...all sharing one 3 bedroom condo FOR A WEEK...well. All I will say is thank GOD my daddy is also a peacemaker. The two of us did a lot of dancing to keep my mother happy. My mother worked hard to be annoyed by my brother and to irritate my husband. GOOD TIMES!!

I finished up samples of Chanel Cristalle (will not purchase) and Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia (may purchase), wore some more of my Scentbird decant of L'Eau de Chloe (once thought I would purchase and now I think no), and wore En Passant more than once (will definitely be a repurchase, at least as another 10 ml). I also wore Une Rose and loved it--I once thought that I liked Sa Majeste la Rose better, but I think Une Rose is easier to wear.

De Profundis was my bedtime scent--love it. But I think I may be able to satisfy myself with a 5ml rollerball.

As soon as I got home I wore A Room with a View--so refreshing and beautiful.

And then today!! I went to the dentist!! You might remember that back in January that was a huge step for me. I went back today for my regular cleaning and checkup and didn't even need to take a Xanax. Holy crap. (Also got my teeth whitened.) I rewarded myself by shopping at Nordy's. (My store is closing in September!! *sob*) Sprayed on Prada Candy, Chanel No 5 L'Eau, Chance Eau Tendre, and No 5 Eau Premiere.

And then! Got my shipment from The Perfumed Court so sprayed on some Tubereuse Criminelle.

Results:

If I can use ULTA points, I would be happy to get any of the 3 Chanels. Especially Chance Eau Tendre--it is just so easy to wear. Perhaps when I finish up Bottega Veneta Knot--they fit the same slot in a collection. L'Eau did the same things that I like in 1932 (which I prefer).

Candy was charming! Not sure it's a purchase, but it is awfully fun to spray on.

SL TC is FABULOUS but FLEETING. Truly, it seems like it should be in a spray rather than a bell jar. I was an absolute femme fatale mankiller for maybe 2 hours...and now the Chance Eau Tendre drydown from 11 AM (10 hours ago!) is more noticeable than the TC I sprayed 3.5 hours ago.

Nordstrom's, by the way, has travel sprays of the Chance fragrances right now. I am tempted. But I am also saving up for an end-of-summer purchase at Arielle Shoshana.

So I think maybe one day this week will be Carnal Flower vs. Tubereuse Criminelle.

Roja Dove Diaghilev.......I can't get enough of this! But, omg, the price is just hurtful.

Basenotes Institution

NCalFragREviewer - yes the BF and I *did* watch the Game of Thrones season premiere last night. We were impressed.
    tdem - great vacation pics!
    thediamondsea - your post made me giggle uncontrollably. Isn't that Parfumerie Generale scrumptious? It made my stomach rumble when I tested it.

Tonight after a hot bath, I'll spray on a lot of this:

Shalimar (vintage Parfum) by Guerlain

I'm treating myself. We lost the first game of the Playoffs at my work Kickball team game tonight. And I hurt my left finger (the one next to my pinky finger...I always forget what that finger is called). So I need some comfort & Shalimar does it. I'm icing the finger - I'm sure it will be fine. I'm playing the 'victim' with my BF though. Why not!!? He's a good nurse.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle