Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dependent

Default SOTD: Monday, 17th July, 2017

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 17th July, 2017

Panorama by Olfactive Studio

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Starting the week off with Creed Virgin Island Water. Anyone watched Game of Thrones season premiere?

Grand Soir again.

Despite my earlier misgivings this is rapidly heading into full bottle territory.

Have a good day all.

Loewe Esencia

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Bohemia by One Seed.

Have a good day!

hello all,

Millesime Imperial

Wishing you all a good day!!!

SOTD:

Royal Patchouli
    by Ajmal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaď Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basenotes Plus

Good evening/morning, everyone! I'm absolutely exhausted. I spent the whole day doing stuff that absolutely had to be done today, and I had to fight through a massive wall of fatigue to do it. I will probably be a zombie for the next few days,but I'll be a zombie with a (mostly) blank to-do list.

I've been on a weird kick lately--ambers and gourmands, and I have no idea what brought this on. But it is messing with my identity. I've always been Skanky Tuberose Floral girl, and now it seems like I''m Diabetes Amber Lady. Whatever--I'm all for new mountains to scale and new vistas to enjoy. I guess the news ones will be heaped with sugar . . . .

And that's the thing; one reason I've kind of avoided this family is the cravings they engender. I'm wearing Musc Maori right now and I'm so glad the hubster made the NIgella Lawson pound of butter/pound of chocolate brownies tonight. Otherwise, I would have ripped the house apart looking for a fix . . .
    Last edited by thediamondsea; 17th July 2017 at 06:20 AM.
    The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
    --William Blake

Blog Entries

Morning all, & Happy Birthday to elizrj!

Thanks for the get well wishes, mike! l'm still full of cold this morning, & really don't feel like going to work, but someone else has already called in sick, so the whole place will be screwed if l don't turn up.

l'm wearing Velvet Orchid.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Kama by Ava Luxe

Black Aoud by Montale
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

in a fragrant coma always

~~~tds... "diabetes amber lady". That's funny!

Currently finishing a sample of Soft Tension by Andrea Maack.
    blah, blah, blah...

Basenotes Plus

Hello all,

Got up early this morning and it was rather chilly so I put on Incense Oud by Kilian. It's a wintery scent in my mind, but works great in any cooler weather. To my nose, this is the most beautiful incense fragrance I have ever tried. I was sampling lot's of incense scents at some point, trying to figure out if I like incense or not. Don't know why I haven't tried this one at that point. I concluded that I wasn't much of an incense person, as in I like the smell of incense itself but don't like most incense perfumes. They mostly come across as too dry, harsh, church-like. Well not Incense Oud. This smells so rich and nuanced, smooth, warm, spicy. When first sprayed on, I thought it would lean more masculine due to spices, mostly cardamom but it soon settled into a gorgeous resinous, warm incense that I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It is not sweet at all but at some point it smells almost gourmand, with cocoa nuances. Amazing. I don't smell oud per se, but I'm used to that with Kilian's ouds, the "oud" here has no skank at all, just gives depth and some darkness to the overall feel of the fragrance. The mood it evokes is meditative, contemplative, serene. I don't think I would wear this much and at this price point I should be able to wear the heck out of it, but if I ever get a mad incense crave, this is the one!

teardrop, so sorry you have to go to work sick and I really hope it goes away soon!

tds, you Diabetes Amber Lady you
    That is hillarious! If you're joining me on the dark trashy side of things, I have some suggestions for you!

Have a great week start everyone!
    Last edited by Vernona; 17th July 2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...

Hello, everyone!

I hope you are all well, I have missed a lot here...
    I haven't post for some time, I am well but have been feeling somewhat uninterested in perfume!!!
    Most times I think about perfume for a moment and then I forget to wear it!
    I think I feel uninspired because I don't have a budget for perfume these days..
    I try to save some money and pay debts(!), what else could someone in Greece be saving for!
    Then it is so hot here and I hate hot weather! I almost got dermatitis from the numerous showers I take every day.

But it has rained during last night and today we have a lovely cool breeze in Athens!
    I had left house scentless but I always have something with me and now I am in

Carnal Flower - F. Malle

Have a nice day, all!
    Last edited by *dora*; 17th July 2017 at 11:23 AM.

Currently wearing: Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane

Ultimate by Baldessarini
    The synthetic perfume materials are supposed to enhance and support the use of natural raw materials, not to replace them, nor in any way to beat them off the market. The synthetic chemicals present a certain challenge to nature, and the perfumer can assist nature in her fight by utilizing the synthetic materials to the advantage of the natural raw materials. (S. Arctander)

Hello all.

L'Homme Sport by Roger & Gallet
    DONNA

Midnight In Paris EDT by Van Cleef & Arpels

It's raining pretty hard today and I am loving its smokey drydown combined with the smell of wet soil.

Hi guys, I was kind of expecting to see lighter summer fragrances here, but seeing quite a few lovely heavy hitters!

Weirdly enough I also find myself unexpectedly attracted to rich, skanky and sweeter scents recently (I'm not quite in gourmand territory yet, but who knows?). I'm seriously in love with L'ombre Fauve and also keep going back to my samples of Chypre Palatin & Cologne Pour Le Soir despite the warm weather, so perhaps what you have is contageous thediamondsea.

Today I'm testing Le Snob by Parfums de Rosine, which is supposed to be a dark rose, but it's not really scratching my itch at the moment. Perhaps I'll revert back to something richer tonight.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 17th July, 2017

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

@thediamondsea, my kids love the Musc Maori but I can't wear it, it makes me feel like I spilled something on myself.

Samsara for today.

We had a lovely weekend at the beach, preceded by a dramatic Thursday evening/Friday morning. Apparently the neighbors a couple doors down were running a stolen cars ring and chop shop, there was a footchase and an arrest in our backyard, lots of police, an ambulance, a fire truck, and Friday morning a knock on the door from the TV news. I declined an interview as that is the last thing I'd want, and we didn't know anything anyway, but the TV guy gave us the whole story about what was going on.

dora - making an entrance in Carnal Flower
    I have days when I'm less interested than others and budget is definitely a factor.

I'm in Shalimar today.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    “Art is a lie that tells the truth” - Pablo Picasso
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Felt like something sweet today so my sample of:

Ore by Slumberhouse

This one is just a mess. But it keeps hooking me back in. The cocoa note is nice n comforting amid the swirl of basenotes (sticky resins, woods, saps and syrups). Serge Lutens used to make em like this!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Ribin - what a shock for you!
    Teardrop - you really are a trooper going into work feeling under par.

I went into town this morning and sprayed on some Rive Gauche in Boots.
    This reminded me of why I really need to buy a back up bottle soon. It's probably the
    nearest thing to a signature scent for me - just wonderful. I then went into
    French Connection and bought a cobalt blue, v-necked jumper in the sale so
    feeling totally chic with somewhat of a "parisienne!" vibe. Just need to get my hair cut and
    coloured tomorrow and I'll be ready to face the world with a smile.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Empreinte by Courrčges

Basenotes Plus

Now in Goutal's Petit Cherie. A fruity, peachy most of all, floral that smells exactly like Garnier Fructis shampoo. I guess it's ok, as far as these shampoo scents go, but it's not something that appeals to me.

dora, nice to see you With a wardrobe like yours, I think you really don't have to be sad that you can't buy something new at this moment, enjoy your old favourites! And you smell mighty fine in Carnal Flower!
    Everytime I feel bored and uninterested to sample or look for the new stuff, I rely on the old favourites. It's like, travelling and seing new places is great, but coming back home is even better
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...

Blog Entries

Thanks, Vernona & kewart! As of this afternoon l appear to have laryngitis & have lost my voice almost completely, & so l have signed myself off sick for the next two days. There's only so much self-sacrifice a person can take, & l don't seem to be able to bounce back from these things as quickly as i used to. Guess l'm gettin' old!

Summer has returned with a vengeance here, so after a cool shower l will be wearing something refreshing, & looking forward to watching Game of Thrones tonight.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Kama by Ava Luxe

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Happy Birthday elizrj

Considerably less humid today if a little warmer - I'll settle for the latter as the lesser of two evils

Grossmith - Sylvan Song.

Sincerely hope The Diabetes Amber Lady is feeling more energised as the week progresses.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th July 2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

Basenotes Plus

SotE - AJ Arabia Black I.

Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld