Code of Conduct

Default Best Summer Fragrances (Chanel Allure Edition Blanche vs Dior Homme Sport 2012 vs YSL l'homme)

Hello everyone!

I chose three famous summer fragrances and I would like to know your opinions on the best of these three choices (in terms of scent and performances).

Default Re: Best Summer Fragrances (Chanel Allure Edition Blanche vs Dior Homme Sport 2012 vs YSL l'homme)

DHS 2012 >>>CAHEB>>>YSL

The problem is that the current version of Edition Blanche no longer has the vanilla cream or distinct woodiness of the original version. There was a reformulation to the EDT around mid-2013, and then the conversion to the EDP in 2014. Both new versions are inferior to the original pre-2013 EDT. It's still a nice scent, which I'd now describe as warm, creamy lemons, but I'd describe the old scent as creamy vanilla and lemon with an intense woody base.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: Best Summer Fragrances (Chanel Allure Edition Blanche vs Dior Homme Sport 2012 vs YSL l'homme)

Happen on and like all but prefer Dior Homme Sport 2012
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    DHS 2012 >>>CAHEB>>>YSL

The problem is that the current version of Edition Blanche no longer has the vanilla cream or distinct woodiness of the original version. There was a reformulation to the EDT around mid-2013, and then the conversion to the EDP in 2014. Both new versions are inferior to the original pre-2013 EDT. It's still a nice scent, which I'd now describe as warm, creamy lemons, but I'd describe the old scent as creamy vanilla and lemon with an intense woody base.
    I tried several lots of the current version of CAHEB and I found that the real problem of this fragrance is its performance. The scent lasted only 3 hours on my skin and the projection is mediocre
    1- Dior Homme Intense - Christian Dior
    2- Royal Oud - Creed
    3- Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) - Christian Dior

4- Aventus - Creed
    5- L'instant de Guerlain - Guerlain
    6- Herod - Parfums de Marly
    7- Reflection Man - Amouage
    8- The One (EDP) - Dolce & Gabbana
    9- Noir Extreme - Tom Ford
    10- Midnight In Paris - Van Cleef & Arpels

'Best'? None.
    But definitely some million others before L'Homme YSL,
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Dior Homme Sport 2012.

I agree with DHS '12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chanel....now if Dior Homme Cologne was in the mix that would be a different story

Liking all three, would probably go for Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, followed by a (still respectable) second place divided fairly equally between DHS 2012 and YSL L`Homme
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

The Dior
    Basenotes sales: 18.21 Sweet Tobacco, Tiffany for Men Concentree, TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    DHS 2012 >>>CAHEB>>>YSL
    +1

I'm basing my conclusion on the present version of CAHEB.

I don't think there's a right or wrong to this type of question, but in my opinion, the YSL doesn't come close to DHS 2012.

Maybe also consider Dior Homme Eau. Don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but this summer I've found that one to be beautiful.

Chanel.

Scent- DHS 2012 and L'Homme in second place.
    Performance - Ed. Blanche.

My pick would be edition blanche

Own and love all three. Of the three, AHEB is my most worn -- YSL the least.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA