Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Basenotes Plus
    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    1,962

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    Voici les 3 atomiseurs...from a 1967 ad, reportedly. It should be lovely... Enjoy!
    Based on the ad, I guess the ribbed bottle with skinny metal cap was EDC only, eh? I haven't sniffed that one.

    I like the way the background of the ad is all houndstooth, like they're saying "Yes, it's really Dior, even though there's no houndstooth on the bottle!"


    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    No idea if it's still any good though,, the seller says he has no idea what it is supposed to smell like.
    I just went ahead and bought it!
    Your odds are very good with the pressurized bottle. Please come tell about it when it arrives!

  2. #32

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    I will! I'm really excited about this purchase, I think I got a good deal on it too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Omg omg omg my bottle just arrived, I'm so excited!

    The box is in pristine condition, as is the bottle, which is about 4/5 full (so I guess I have about 90-95 ml here).

    I just sprayed it on and it has not turned as far as I can tell. I get a dark green, vegetal galbanum opening, the impression of thick but supple leather, a touch of soap and florals, and a hint of sweetness. I'll report back when I have had a full impression of it, but so far I'm loving what I smell!

  3. #33
    Basenotes Plus
    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    1,962

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    Omg omg omg my bottle just arrived, I'm so excited!
    Wow. You posted your original question at 9:30am yesterday, bought it at 10:30am yesterday, and it arrived by 3pm* the same day? How in the world did you manage that?

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    I just sprayed it on and it has not turned as far as I can tell. I get a dark green, vegetal galbanum opening, the impression of thick but supple leather, a touch of soap and florals, and a hint of sweetness. I'll report back when I have had a full impression of it, but so far I'm loving what I smell!
    That sounds like Miss Dior alright! Oh, you're probably hopelessly hooked now....


    *all times Eastern U.S.
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 4th November 2017 at 08:30 PM.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Wow. You posted your original question at 9:30am yesterday, bought it at 10:30am yesterday, and it arrived by 3pm* the same day? How in the world did you manage that?



    That sounds like Miss Dior alright! Oh, you're probably hopelessly hooked now....


    *all times Eastern U.S.
    Haha, different time zone and a small country! I made the deal yesterday late afternoon, and the seller was very fast an posted the package right before the post office closed. It arrived today late afternoon, which is indeed superfast, not that I mind.

    I'm still loving the scent, which has become deeper and more animalic now, subtly sexy I would say. I love the green/oriental thing this has going on, it's the same combination that fascinated me in Vol de Nuit. They are unusual notes together but they blend so well. Sillage is not huge, it's kind of hugging my skin at the minute.

    I admit I'm already looking at other vintage fragrances on offer (a 2/3 full bottle of Dior Dior parfum...). This may turn out to be the start of my descent into the vintage rabbit hole.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Congratulations Yellowtone! So glad you are enjoying your vintage Miss Dior.

    Your description of the scent is perfect, and aligns very closely wth my experience with it.
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

  6. #36
    Basenotes Plus
    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    1,962

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    This may turn out to be the start of my descent into the vintage rabbit hole.
    There are worse fates! And few rabbit holes are more beautiful than the Diors.

    To get some background, you might peruse this thread -- there's practically a graduate course of information there from Grayspoole, and lots of photos to ogle:

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/442...ior-Circa-1980

  7. #37

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Thank you! I will surely be reading through the back catalog of threads in this vintage forum, you guys are such a knowledgeable bunch! I find I'm enjoying learning about the history of parfum so much.

    It really amazes me for example that Miss Dior came out around the time of the New Look. As a former fashion student I know a lot about fashion in the 20th century, and that was such an interesting time. To think this fragrance, with its sharp green edges, it's thick leather and sultry base was created by the same man who put femininity and daintiness (not to mention restrictive undergarments) back in fashion is such a surprise!

  8. #38
    Basenotes Plus
    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    3,288

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    Thank you! I will surely be reading through the back catalog of threads in this vintage forum, you guys are such a knowledgeable bunch! I find I'm enjoying learning about the history of parfum so much.

    It really amazes me for example that Miss Dior came out around the time of the New Look. As a former fashion student I know a lot about fashion in the 20th century, and that was such an interesting time. To think this fragrance, with its sharp green edges, it's thick leather and sultry base was created by the same man who put femininity and daintiness (not to mention restrictive undergarments) back in fashion is such a surprise!
    Oh Dear,
    I keep getting more competition looking for Dior Dior and Diorella. Thanks alot you cheeky girls.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

  9. #39
    Basenotes Plus
    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    1,962

    Default Re: Miss Dior vintage cologne

    Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Oh Dear,
    I keep getting more competition looking for Dior Dior and Diorella.
    We probably shouldn't even speak their names aloud, or snap a twig underfoot, to prevent them darting away from us in fright.

    Though it is fun to imagine the camouflage hunting outfit one would wear to stalk the elusive Dior-Dior.
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 5th November 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000