Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help Needed

Default Re: Help Needed

Sultanpasha's Sohan d'Iris.

Sultan sprinkled magic dust on this intricate gourmand iris. Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    So Scent Tattoo is the same as Club Design, you just choose which name you prefer? And they're sold as clothing scents because of IFRA but you can wear on skin if you want/ aren't allergic/ wear vintage?
    Looks like it. The samples came with a note: "same juice, different name". But I think this may be a prank within a prank, because I swear ST has more rhubarb in it. Anyway, I don't mind looking like a fool to Laudamiel, the one-man Penn & Teller of perfumery.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by luca turin View Post
    Looks like it. The samples came with a note: "same juice, different name". But I think this may be a prank within a prank, because I swear ST has more rhubarb in it. Anyway, I don't mind looking like a fool to Laudamiel, the one-man Penn & Teller of perfumery.
    Heh - they sound very tempting. And thanks for the heads up - there's nearly no trace of them elsewhere, so must have just launched?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Luca, this is a (relatively) very mainstream suggestion, and I don't recall ever reading your review or thoughts on it - have you tried Patchouli Homme / Intense by Nicolai, released in 2009? (This was earlier Patchouli Homme and later renamed to Patchouli Intense, though my understanding is that there hasn't been any change in formulation, and definitely not any compromise - based on trying the newer version at stores. My 30 ml bottle is the earlier 'Homme' version). Isn't 2008 the year when The Guide came out?
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

Surprise nobody mentioned Dusita fragrances yet.
    Diamondflame is right, you need to try Dusita. Especially their Melodie d l'Amour, it's the best new fragrance I've tried.

Also try these-
    4160 Tuesdays
    Imaginary Authors
    Sonoma Scent Studio
    Kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    I know you liked Lampblack by Bruno Fazzolari. I find his Au Delà Narcisse to be one of the best floral to come out this century.
    Lampblack, YES!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Mr. Turin, I can not imagine discovering a niche house you have not already found. After all, we look to you for guidance. But two houses in my city have made some small waves, Slumberhouse and Imaginary Authors. I am sure know well Masque Milano and Perris Monte Carlo (whose extraits are phenomenal yet usually under the radar.) Dame Perfumery is worth a look too. And Basenotes has a member who makes Madhat perfumes of which I have a few from. Always impressed with the quality of the ingredients and the scents.
    Akahina,

I completely agree!

+1 for IA
    Currently wearing: Aberdeen Lavender by Creed

Hello.

Pleasure to virtually meet you. Used to be in the distribution business working with EM in Chicago so I am very elated to see you on here.Other then the brands that I have worked on in the past we used to distribute Amouage in the US. Now they do Xerjoff, Profumi del Forte, Volnay, Ramon Monegal, Mark Buxton, Mona di Oro, Grossmith to name a few. To answer you question... I love this Chicago based perfumer named Peter who turned down Neiman Marcus. He does commission work and his clients pay a lot. i was gifted his top seller by him. It reminds me of a more complex version of Black Afgano with less of a synthetic over worn feel. Not sure if it is extract. Hiko Perfumes is the line name. hikoperfumes.com. The fragrance I was gifted was Endymion. All of his fragrances are $145 for 50ml. Peter is a great guy and famous world musician who also was 1st chair flutist at Carnigie Hall.The website is not beta or not well developed as it could be but thats his cool style. If you reach him let him know Marshall referred you.

Also did you check out Ramon Monegal's anniversary collection Fiesta?

Also, thank you for the Amouage Hommage attar run-down. It broke my heart. I never cried like that before from a masterful work. Then of course ....the tiny cube broke. At least I have that month.

Best wishes,

Marshall
    Top Favorite Houses: Amouage / Tom Ford (name brand or private collection) / Hermes

"Do the next right thing."
    Currently wearing: Umbra by Ramon Monegal

Thank you all for the suggestions so far: many houses contacted, many samples received. I keep hearing of new niche houses almost daily. Please keep suggestions coming!

I suggest Moss Gown by Charna Ethier / Providence Perfume, it's a lovely and VERY unique Chypre, you can find it here: https://www.providenceperfume.com/co...iant=248882590

This brand carries very interesting scents, they don't ship overseas and sale it in some boutiques but I could arrange with the owners to send you some samples. https://www.bymariamagdalena.com

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanisland View Post
    This brand carries very interesting scents, they don't ship overseas and sale it in some boutiques but I could arrange with the owners to send you some samples. https://www.bymariamagdalena.com
    Look at the private city collection, Cigar Bloom and Rue Marie are my favorites.

Blog Entries

Neon Graffiti