Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Yves Saint Laurent - Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection!

From NST:

Yves Saint Laurent has launched Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection, with five perfumes: Supreme Bouquet, Splendid Wood, Exquisite Embroidery, Magnificent Gold and Sleek Suede. (See also: 2015's Le Vestiaire des Parfums Tuxedo, Caban, Saharienne, Trench & Caftan and 2016's Cuir, Vinyle & Velours).

Inspired by the creations of Mr Yves Saint Laurent, Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection is a range of five fragrances that each evokes oriental inspirations that has deeply nourished the Couturier.
    Supreme Bouquet ~ Originally released in 2013. "In Supreme Bouquet, the opulent tuberose is like a rich floral pattern, whereas the delicate ylang ylang is a more subtle floral print."

Splendid Wood ~ Originally released in 2014. "In Splendid Wood the fusing cardamom structures the fragrance, while the cedarwood enhances a brown oriental palette of colours."

Exquisite Embroidery ~ "In Exquisite Embroidery the animatic ambergris evokes a dark and opulent fabric embroidered by a delicate yet opulent rose."

Magnificent Gold ~ "In Magnificent Gold the most precious ingredient, a luminous white oud, enlightens an elegant vanilla pod, creating the feeling of a vibrant gold texture."

Sleek Suede ~ "In Sleek Suede the warm cocoa bean evokes the softness of the finest suede and the black oud wood the powerful scent of tanned leather."

Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection Supreme Bouquet, Splendid Wood, Exquisite Embroidery, Magnificent Gold and Sleek Suede are available now at Harrods in the UK, Ł195 each for 75 ml Eau de Parfum.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: NEW: Yves Saint Laurent - Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection!

didn't see them when I was there a few days ago.. I'll check them out in the next few days and hopefully. Thanks for the info hednic

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: NEW: Yves Saint Laurent - Le Vestiarie Des Parfums Oriental Collection!

I'm going to be boycotting YSL over the scandal of their new "Y", at least until I get over my grumpiness about it.

Which is a pretty hollow threat, considering I only ever buy their vintages anyway.

From the first spray I get a lot of hazelnut from Sleek Suede .. It's very sweet. Out of the 3 new ones it's my favorite, followed by Magnificent Gold. I tried Splendid Wood it smelled very similar to the original but i'm not sure if its 100% the same. I'll do a side by side to compare if I can and report back.
    Last edited by NoseItAll; 10th August 2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoseItAll View Post
    From the first spray I get a lot of hazelnut from Sleek Suede .. It's very sweet. Out of the 3 new ones it's my favorite, followed by Magnificent Gold. I tried Splendid Wood it smelled very similar to the original but i'm not sure if its 100% the same. I'll do a side by side to compare if I can and report back.
    Wow! So they're already out! May I ask where you were able to try them?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yeah I tried them in Harrods.. I bought Sleek Suede and Magnificent Gold on the spot from how impressed I was with both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoseItAll View Post
    Yeah I tried them in Harrods.. I bought Sleek Suede and Magnificent Gold on the spot from how impressed I was with both of them.
    Appreciate the reply and very happy to hear you liked the new ones. I'll be looking forward to trying these soon.

I tried them all . I have Splendid wood in the older bottle . The other new releases are all nice and pleasant but very poor projection. Nice but at the price points they are selling them they are meh. I would say there are better options, I am surprise they did not include Exquisite Musk which is actually the best in the series after Splendid Wood IMO. I guess they discontinued it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    I tried them all . I have Splendid wood in the older bottle . The other new releases are all nice and pleasant but very poor projection. Nice but at the price points they are selling them they are meh. I would say there are better options, I am surprise they did not include Exquisite Musk which is actually the best in the series after Splendid Wood IMO. I guess they discontinued it.
    Vin - where did you try the three newest ones?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Vin - where did you try the three newest ones?
    Harrods. They are nice but overall underwhelmed they paled in comparison to Roja Dove Oud and MFK Oud extrait series. Some NM stores do carry them now btw, I also tried them there.
    Last edited by Vinrambo09; 7th September 2017 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    Harrods. They are nice but overall underwhelmed they paled in comparison to Roja Dove Oud and MFK Oud extrait series. Some NM stores do carry them now btw, I also tried them there.
    Thanks for the reply. Haven't found the three newest ones at Nieman yet, but hopefully they'll arrive soon.

FYI - Nieman Marcus now has these in store for purchase.

I happened to try the three new ones today, and Sleek Suede was the one that stood out to me. A very dry chocolate-y gourmand with hazelnut and lots of wood. I didn't´t get any leather, suede or oud.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    I happened to try the three new ones today, and Sleek Suede was the one that stood out to me. A very dry chocolate-y gourmand with hazelnut and lots of wood. I didn't´t get any leather, suede or oud.
    This is my favorite of the three new ones also.

Is sleek suede any similar to nasomatto pardon ?
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by joov84 View Post
    Is sleek suede any similar to nasomatto pardon ?
    I have only tried the Nasomatto once, but don't recall any similarity.

I have only tried the Nasomatto once, but don't recall any similarity.
    thank u . can you desribe sleek suede?

thank u . can you desribe sleek suede?
    Might be a bit of a misnomer. For me it's a smoky chocolate, not overly sweet woody oriental. More of a suede mood than actual suede smell. Nevertheless very nice.

Might be a bit of a misnomer. For me it's a smoky chocolate, not overly sweet woody oriental. More of a suede mood than actual suede smell. Nevertheless very nice.
    thank u. sounds good.

i got it recently. i am getting a hazelnut chocolate with some some incense and oud.

i got it recently. i am getting a hazelnut chocolate with some some incense and oud.
    What do you think? To your liking?

i got a sample of sleek suede. for someone who finds most gourmand-esque scents cloyingly sweet (think feve delicieuse), this is a real good one. i get the nuttyness, the chocolate and both a subtle leather and sweetness, with a touch of incense. i guess that would be the suede! definitely a juice worth checking out.

part of the opening is a little weird - medicinal, probably the oud. but once everything settles down it's a treat.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

So recently I came across a sale selling the full range for ~$130 each bottle. Are these good enough to warrant $130 ? At the moment I am really intrigued by Sleek Suede and Splendid Wood. For the other 3, I couldn't find any opinions or feedback on Magnificent Gold, Supreme Bouquet, and Exquisite Embroidery. Appreciate if any member could share your thoughts on these.

Quote Originally Posted by j.zheyii View Post
    So recently I came across a sale selling the full range for ~$130 each bottle. Are these good enough to warrant $130 ? At the moment I am really intrigued by Sleek Suede and Splendid Wood. For the other 3, I couldn't find any opinions or feedback on Magnificent Gold, Supreme Bouquet, and Exquisite Embroidery. Appreciate if any member could share your thoughts on these.
    Wow - that's a good price on those considering what they originally sold for. I happen to own them all and Splendid Wood is by far my favorite although I do like them all.