Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT back in the USA!!

I just wanted to share with everyone that CHANEL Pour Monsieur EDT is once again available in the USA on chanel.com.

https://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...onsieur-139641
    Currently wearing: Lavender by Floris

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT back in the USA!!

I saw that. Curious that it was ever unavailable.
    Currently wearing: Joy by Jean Patou

Quote Originally Posted by LordFancyFace View Post
    I just wanted to share with everyone that CHANEL Pour Monsieur EDT is once again available in the USA on chanel.com.

https://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...onsieur-139641
    Yes, good news. Like Bavard, I am curious as to why it wasn't always available. Currently have the edp, and am tempted to purchase the edt now to use as a work fragrance. Having a hard time justifying though. Anyone think it is really worth the cost to have both?

I saw the EDT version at Barney's at the Palazzo Shoppes last night on the Chanel setup. No EDP and I was shocked it was the EDT. I had to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me.

I'm glad to read the EDT is starting to be easier to find across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin06 View Post
    Yes, good news. Like Bavard, I am curious as to why it wasn't always available. Currently have the edp, and am tempted to purchase the edt now to use as a work fragrance. Having a hard time justifying though. Anyone think it is really worth the cost to have both?
    Me!

They are considerably different from one another. If you've never tried the EDT before and like the EDP, which I guess you probably do considering you have the EDP, you really are in for a treat!

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT has one of the best citrus openings and it's distinctive. I'm convinced there is still verbena in the current version and this is what I think makes that citrus opening. It's not there in the EDP.

The middle notes are quite different too. There's no lavender in the EDT and there's no trace of ginger in the EDP. The ginger in the EDT isn't overpowering and goes well with the other notes but it's there.

I also would say the lasting impression of both is also a key difference. The EDT is a lot sharper and even on the last bottle I bought last year oakmoss extract is listed on the packaging: it's definitely there. For me the lasting impression of the EDP is the vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by dan86 View Post
    I'm glad to read the EDT is starting to be easier to find across the pond.

Me!

They are considerably different from one another. If you've never tried the EDT before and like the EDP, which I guess you probably do considering you have the EDP, you really are in for a treat!

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT has one of the best citrus openings and it's distinctive. I'm convinced there is still verbena in the current version and this is what I think makes that citrus opening. It's not there in the EDP.

The middle notes are quite different too. There's no lavender in the EDT and there's no trace of ginger in the EDP. The ginger in the EDT isn't overpowering and goes well with the other notes but it's there.

I also would say the lasting impression of both is also a key difference. The EDT is a lot sharper and even on the last bottle I bought last year oakmoss extract is listed on the packaging: it's definitely there. For me the lasting impression of the EDP is the vanilla.
    Thank you, dan86. You've convinced me! Going to order a bottle from Chanel.com today.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Good news indeed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Does this concentration has a strong oakmoss or oakmoss-like smell?

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if there has been any changes in the formulation.

Basenotes Plus

I'm glad for others. I have a FB of the EDT and tried the EDP but didn't like it - a little too heavy. I think one of the best features of PM is that it is subtle and comes and goes.

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT back in the USA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Does this concentration has a strong oakmoss or oakmoss-like smell?
    Oakmoss? No . It retains an outline of the original, however suffers from the spray 3 times a day Syndrome. As expected it uses lesser quality ingredients.
    Maintains it's above average Chanel designer quality though.

I read somewhere that the American market was picky about Citrus. Equate them with detergents etc.

Chanel has wacky marketing practices up here in Canada too. Egoiste distribution was hard to find in Canada. after Platinum was introduced.
    Had to slip across the line before e-commerce.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 7th August 2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Oakmoss? No . It retains an outline of the original, however suffers from the spray 3 times a day Syndrome. As expected it uses lesser quality ingredients.
    Maintains it's above average Chanel designer quality though.

I read somewhere that the American market was picky about Citrus. Equate them with detergents etc.

Chanel has wacky marketing practices up here in Canada too. Egoiste distribution was hard to find in Canada. after Platinum was introduced.
    Had to slip across the line before e-commerce.
    Thanks! Yes, Chanel marketing strategies are strange to say the least. Sometimes I wonder if they are stupid or anything like this.

Who knows why it wasn't sold. But perhaps, it's simply that counter space is expensive and they preferred to occupy it with the various Allures and what not. Other perfumes had limited distribution, for instance, Egoiste and Antaeus are only sold at more upscale dept stores.
    In a similar vein, Dior sells Jules only in France, I believe.

Thank you, dan86. You've convinced me! Going to order a bottle from Chanel.com today.
    You're welcome. It will be interesting to hear what you thought of it.

I have the EDP and think it smells great! I'm big into citrus based scents so I'll have to try this one

Quote Originally Posted by dan86 View Post
    You're welcome. It will be interesting to hear what you thought of it.
    Scheduled to arrive on Monday. Looking forward to it, and will post my impression.

Basenotes Plus

Scheduled to arrive on Monday. Looking forward to it, and will post my impression.
    Would you mind posting a picture of the bottle too? I was just wondering if the bottle still has the same look.

Just blind ordered the newest PM EDT on Chanel's USA website; curious about the lime green juice color though - we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Would you mind posting a picture of the bottle too? I was just wondering if the bottle still has the same look.
    Would be happy to. Do you know if a paid subscription to basenotes is needed to upload pics?

Would be happy to. Do you know if a paid subscription to basenotes is needed to upload pics?
    Nope, certainly not. No restriction on that (at least none that I know of).

Glad to see it's back. Hopefully it hasn't been butchered. CPM was always heavy on oakmoss, so I am not hopeful.

Haven't figured out how to upload picture. The bottle for the edt--quite different than the edp bottle-- is the same as on the Chanel website. Regarding the edt, I could not be happier with it! It smells as I remember it back in the late 70's and early 80's when I wore it, when it was Chanel "For Gentlemen."

The juice appears to be a richer yellow color than the edp, and is slightly green.

While I love the edp as well, the edt is crisper and isn't sweet like the edp. Also happy with the performance--8 plus hours, including getting lovely wafts now and then, as well as close to the skin. The edt is so beautiful, and I highly recommend it. It's great to have it along with the edp. Will use the edt for work, and the edp on weekends. IMHO, there is absolutely room for both. I have absolutely found my signature scent.

Would also like to say that the packaging from Chanel was quite impressive!
    Last edited by pippin06; 17th August 2017 at 05:17 AM.

Haven't figured out how to upload picture. The bottle for the edt--quite different than the edp bottle-- is the same as on the Chanel website. Regarding the edt, I could not be happier with it! It smells as I remember it back in the late 70's and early 80's when I wore it, when it was Chanel "For Gentlemen."

While I love the edp as well, the edt is crisper and isn't sweet like the edp. Also happy with the performance--8 plus hours, including getting lovely wafts now and then, as well as close to the skin. The edt is so beautiful, and I highly recommend it. It's great to have it along with the edp. Will use the edt for work, and the edp on weekends. IMHO, there is absolutely room for both. I have absolutely found my signature scent.

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I had the concentree version and it reminded me of Tiffany for men so glad to hear the new EDT smells different. I am looking forward to getting my package by this weekend! Chanel always does a nice job with their fragrance gift boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I had the concentree version and it reminded me of Tiffany for men so glad to hear the new EDT smells different. I am looking forward to getting my package by this weekend! Chanel always does a nice job with their fragrance gift boxes.
    Enjoy!

The EdT has always been available outside the US, so perhaps just google it?

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    The EdT has always been available outside the US, so perhaps just google it?
    The edt bottle I just received from Chanel.com looks exactly like that the one that has been available in Europe.

Have to say the current version isn't bad at all. Yes, there is more oakmoss in the vintage and overall it feels more powdery, but the modern version is by no means bad. Very smooth, classy and relaxing scent.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Have to say the current version isn't bad at all. Yes, there is more oakmoss in the vintage and overall it feels more powdery, but the modern version is by no means bad. Very smooth, classy and relaxing scent.
    I have the EDP verison. Is it worth getting the EDT?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have the EDP verison. Is it worth getting the EDT?
    IMHO, YES!! I have both, and they are quite different. Both are quite beautiful, with the edt being crisper and so close to the edt of the late 1970s and early80's that I cannot tell the difference. The edp is sweeter and lasts longer, and in my view, is better for an evening out, while the edt is perfect for work or daytime.

Basenotes Plus

The juice appears to be a richer yellow color than the edp, and is slightly green.

Thanks for the info. I just googled it and see it on the Chanel web site. That's exciting! I had to get my EDT bottle on EBay from Canada probably 4 years ago. My EDT bottle looks the same as on the Chanel site although I don't remember the juice looking so green. Have fun with that one - I'm so glad I have it.