Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Hilde Soliani Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    Bell'antonio: Hmm, I really expected to like this, but I find this tobacco a bit too dry and unsweetened to be pleasant. There's a bitterness that on my skin almost reads as ashy, which gives it a harsh vibe rather than a warm and cozy one, which is what I'm after with tobacco scents. The dry down is more mellow.

Una Tira l'Altra: Super realistic Amarena cherries in thick syrup; juicy flesh, rich sweetness, a hint of tartness, and there is that undercurrent of almonds or marzipan that is typical for these cherries. It's fairly linear and after a fairly loud opening it softens to more of a skin scent. I feel a tiny bit as if I dipped my arm in a pot of cherries, but I'm not mad about it at all. Very good.
    I wonder how the Una Tira compares to Lost Cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

I've smelled Lost Cherry on paper, not on skin, but I believe that to be more a more complex fragrance, more boozy and woody than Una Tira, which focuses solely on the cherries.

Chocochic Chocolate and sugar. To be more precise; it smells like the chocolate syrup that's poured on a Dame Blanche. I prefer my chocolate dryer and less sweet.

Buonissimo: This was a complementary sample, so I had no expectations of what it would smell like, but as soon as I sprayed it on I recognized the smell; hopjes! For those not familiar with this Dutch candy, hopjes are a hard coffee candy, which supposedly originated in the late 18th century when a Dutch baron who loved coffee left a cup of sweetened coffee sitting on the stove for an entire night, resulting in hard, caramelized chunks of coffee. If you've never had the pleasure of eating hopjes, they're good, and they smell good. I'm not sure I enjoy smelling like candy, but it's an interesting take on a coffee scent.

Il Tempo Delle...
    : Ah, this is not for me. Apple shampoo with something sour on top and something sweet underneath. Not my cup of tea.

Doolcisisimo: Not sure of the spelling on this one, but it sure smells nice. It's a tobacco similar to Bell'antonio, but sweeter. Close up it still has a whiff of ashiness, but from a distance it's a cozy sweet, spiced pipe tobacco.

Chocochic Chocolate and sugar. To be more precise; it smells like the chocolate syrup that's poured on a Dame Blanche. I prefer my chocolate dryer and less sweet.

Buonissimo: This was a complementary sample, so I had no expectations of what it would smell like, but as soon as I sprayed it on I recognized the smell; hopjes! For those not familiar with this Dutch candy, hopjes are a hard coffee candy, which supposedly originated in the late 18th century when a Dutch baron who loved coffee left a cup of sweetened coffee sitting on the stove for an entire night, resulting in hard, caramelized chunks of coffee. If you've never had the pleasure of eating hopjes, they're good, and they smell good. I'm not sure I enjoy smelling like candy, but it's an interesting take on a coffee scent.

Il Tempo Delle...
    : Ah, this is not for me. Apple shampoo with something sour on top and something sweet underneath. Not my cup of tea.

Doolcisisimo: Not sure of the spelling on this one, but it sure smells nice. It's a tobacco similar to Bell'antonio, but sweeter. Close up it still has a whiff of ashiness, but from a distance it's a cozy sweet, spiced pipe tobacco.
    Iím not familiar with the candy hopjes, so I didnít make that connection...I enjoy Buonissimo but I wish it had stronger longevity. Seems to fade too quickly.

daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

It's not as long lasting as Crema di Latte, which I could still smell the next day. If you ever come across hopjes, try them, I bet you'll like them.

Last but not least Orgasmo:
    Again a blast from the past, semolina pudding! Warm, milky almond semolina pudding with cherries and pieces of chewy almond biscuit. It's a dessert we used to have when I was young. It perfectly balances milky caramel, sweet almond and cherries, in a way that avoids the nauseating powdery sweetness many almond scents have. Looking up the very succinct notes for this fragrance surprised me; supposedly this is a jasmine scent* I never would have guessed. But I like it very much, it's my favorite gourmand of the bunch.

*edit: I misread, that's Orgasmo Jasmine. The notes for this one are almond and amaretto. That sounds about right.

It's not as long lasting as Crema di Latte, which I could still smell the next day. If you ever come across hopjes, try them, I bet you'll like them.

Last but not least Orgasmo:
    Again a blast from the past, semolina pudding! Warm, milky almond semolina pudding with cherries and pieces of chewy almond biscuit. It's a dessert we used to have when I was young. It perfectly balances milky caramel, sweet almond and cherries, in a way that avoids the nauseating powdery sweetness many almond scents have. Looking up the very succinct notes for this fragrance surprised me; supposedly this is a jasmine scent* I never would have guessed. But I like it very much, it's my favorite gourmand of the bunch.

*edit: I misread, that's Orgasmo Jasmine. The notes for this one are almond and amaretto. That sounds about right.
    Sounds delish! Thanks for posting your thoughts.

daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5