Code of Conduct

Default Prada L'Homme is a new trendsetter?

No secret, Prada L'Homme does extremely (even unexpectadly as Puig declares) well becoming the new bestseller for Prada.
    Now the most reviews of CK Obsessed say it's a clone of Prada L'Homme.
    Now the reviews of Givenchy Gentleman apper saying it's a clone of Prada L'Homme.
    Is Prada L'Homme becoming a slowrunner Sauvage? I mean more and more people explore and love this fragrance and more and more clones appear.
    I think if this is a new trend for designer's market it's a better trend than Sauvage/Invictus as Prada L'Homme smells richer, more profound.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Default Re: Prada L'Homme is a new trendsetter?

You mean to say Prada lhomme is a clone of CK and givency ......I think it has its place in the frag world but it's not so to speak trend setter because it isn't as versatile as say a SAUVAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyv&r View Post
    You mean to say Prada lhomme is a clone of CK and givency ......I think it has its place in the frag world but it's not so to speak trend setter because it isn't as versatile as say a SAUVAGE
    No. CK Obsessed and Givenchy Gentleman are 2017 releases, Prada is of 2016.

Blog Entries

Well it's not such a bad thing IMO because it's a nice fragrance.

The patchouli and geranium give it a traditional masculine backbone while the iris keeps it modern.
    Last edited by NickZee; 11th August 2017 at 09:59 AM.

...many say Prada l'Homme (2016) is a clone to Dior Homme Eau for men (2014) so who is the trendsetter (if one can speak of 'a trend')...?

Isn't Prada L'homme a clone of Dior homme Eau?

Prada l'Homme seems to be indeed a mix of Dior Homme Eau and Luna Rossa Eau Sport but it's better than any of the two. Haven't yet tried the new CK and Givenchy so can't comment on that. I guess nowadays, if we consider designer mainstream segment, there is really very few releases that could be considered original. You either get a copy of Sauvage, Dior Homme Cologne (2013) or some sweetish mess that seems to be an amalgam of 1 million, Invictus, Armani Code, YSL L'homme etc etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    The big point is that Prada has that fresher side that appeals to the mass audience which Dior Homme Eau doesn't have.

Could be- although personally considering that the trends launched/followed/rendered by this one where already there for some time (second half of the 2010s, perhaps also the entire 2010s decade or even early to mid 2000s)
    Currently wearing: Halston 1-12 by Halston

I
    Personally I love the stufff and I'm happy to hear it's doing well. I don't think it's going to be a huge trend setter however as I feel the Sauvage/ambroxan ttrend is just so heavily entrenched right now. It's also a bit refined for the average consumer, IMO. It lacks the audacity of the ambrox-centered releases and their more obvious qualities. I wouldn't mind if a few attempts were made to follow it, as I like it waaaay more than Sauvage and it's clones, and some might appear here or there, but I don't see it happening on a widespread, significant level.

Never thought about it that way, because as many have already said, Prada L'Homme is a great, popular and very well liked variation of Dior Homme.

Prada L'Homme.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...many say Prada l'Homme (2016) is a clone to Dior Homme Eau for men (2014) so who is the trendsetter (if one can speak of 'a trend')...?
    ???

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Prefer Dior Homme Eau much more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

It's hard to think of the Prada L'Homme flavor as a trendsetter because it's not unique enough. Sauvage, on the other hand, is quite unique when it was first introduced. It also still has that "personality" that is easy to detect when a clone comes along, whereas a Prada L'Homme clone would be harder to associate solely with Prada L'Homme because it's not that unique.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Prefer Dior Homme Eau much more.
    Same here

Its comparison to Homme Eau is exaggerated, in my opinion. L'Homme is perhaps more in line with previous Prada releases such as Amber and more closely, Infusion d'Homme.

Homme Eau opens with citrus notes blended with Iris, emphasizes Dior's lipstick-like Iris in the heart, and settles into a standard, but well-done woody Amber base. Prada L'Homme's citrus is much more reserved via Neroli (as opposed to lines/lemons), focuses on a clear, clean Iris over powdery white Amber in the middle stages, and concludes on a much whiter, powdery soft base of Amber and patchouli. Homme Eau is thicker and more substantial, while L'Homme is subtle and more delicate.

I like both, and while it's worth it to compare them because they are in the same genre, I don't think they're very similar other than the fact that they're Iris-centric fragrances marketed toward men. FWIW, I like L'Homme just a bit more than Eau. If I had to rate the Dior I'd give it an 8/10, while I've given L'Homme a 9/10.

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Sampled it yesterday at an airport. It is indeed very very nice!!

I'm quite guilty of liking this one, but can't pull the trigger on purchasing this one... yet. A trendsetter? It's really along the well-traveled spaces as other previous scents. But it does seem to do it a tad bit better than others before it that share the same space.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

I picked up a bottle of Prada L'Homme in a swap and I'm glad I did. It's quite good - especially the base. Unlike so many designers these days, this one isn't top loaded.

I'm surprised by how many people get that impression. I don't find the two to be that similar, other than the iris.

I do think Prada L'Homme is part of a trend rather than leading it though. I'm ok with that since it smells unique on skin. In this era of dudes walking around reeking of chemical bombs like Sauvage or bathing in cheap fake woods like the base of Dylan Blue, it's nice to see a soapy scent gaining some traction.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Nio
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Aqua Universalis
    1725 Casanova
    Reflection Man
    Interlude Man
    Grey Vetiver
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

don't deceive with belief

No.

I think that many still aren't used to a prominent iris in the opening of mainstream men's scents so they automatically feel any scent featuring iris is a Dior Homme clone or ripoff of some sort.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I think that many still aren't used to a prominent iris in the opening of mainstream men's scents so they automatically feel any scent featuring iris is a Dior Homme clone or ripoff of some sort.
    Don't you know...? Only one masculine scent is ever allowed to feature iris. Once Dior did it, everybody else was sent a note that it was off limits, but apparently, some fragrance houses didn't read it.

See also: pineapple. Any scent that lists pineapple as a note will have certain people freaking out before it's even released with their tongues wagging as they shout the A word. Those same people keep voting up pineapple for any scent that lists it on Fragrantica, whether the note is prominent or not. "ZOMG! PINEAPPLEZ!" Sheesh. Seriously, is Curve dominated by pineapple? The directory here doesn't even list pineapple as a note, but on fragrantica is the #1 thing they smell.

It's all so silly.

I'm convinced most people judge fragrances based on what they read rather than what they smell.

It's like the old line from Billy Joel: "There's a new band in town but you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine aimed at your average teen."

Not to beat a dead horse... but...

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    ... Darjeeling nailed it.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Nio
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Aqua Universalis
    1725 Casanova
    Reflection Man
    Interlude Man
    Grey Vetiver
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

EAU is better. Don't like the chrome note in prada

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

It's all so silly.

I'm convinced most people judge fragrances based on what they read rather than what they smell.

It's like the old line from Billy Joel: "There's a new band in town but you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine aimed at your average teen."

Not to beat a dead horse... but...

... Darjeeling nailed it.
    I think you are the one who nailed it Sir.

Thumbs up Re: Prada L'Homme is a new trendsetter?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    No.
    Thanks for reminding me of that Bowie track.
    I smell marshmallows!

Actually this trend (?) started with the Prada Infusion and maybe with the soapy smell of Amber. It's a nice trend (?) for those who like iris, powdery and soapy smell like me. Tbh I think L'Homme reunited a lot of aspects of many good fragrances to my nose.

Not a trendsetter, but an excellent representative of a current trend. And if it slows the Sauvage train, that's A OK in my book.

Also, I recently tested it side by side with Dior Homme Eau, and I see very very little resemblance. I like the Prada a lot more. Not sure why the two are so often compared.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 14th August 2017 at 04:57 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I love the Dior homme line, but it's too much for work. The prada has the same feel, but fresher and less pervasive, perfect for work in my opinion

I can see the resemblance to Dior Homme Eau of which I own. Prada L'Homme is different enough to purchase though, I really like it.
    There isn't anything better than smelling good and being complimented on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller