Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Niche market collapsing?

Possum-Pie you are right! How come you know so much about Yuri? By the way i share completely what you wrote on naturals in the Blog!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Gutsatz View Post
    Possum-Pie you are right! How come you know so much about Yuri? By the way i share completely what you wrote on naturals in the Blog!
    Thank you for the compliment. I started out enjoying fragrances many years ago, but like anything else in my life, the more I got interested the more I wanted to know. I read up on perfumers and companies as much as I can. Your father was a great man. Leaving his home country and family, and building a name for himself with a company that ultimately merged with the well-known Givaudan company. He stuck to his principals of making the best fragrances using the best ingredients and fought the corporate giants who tried to get him to do otherwise. A hero in the "3rd fragrance" niche world for sure!
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 15th August 2017 at 12:50 PM.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Hopefully not until after I kick the bucket.
    LOL! I do think things are getting a bit out of hand, but I do like the variety of new stuff to sniff, even if a lot of it is not exciting to me.

I don't think that the "niche market" is collapsing. I will admit that Amouage seems to be losing it's way. When I first came to be a perfume nut, Amouage seemed to release a new perfume every two or three years and they were very good. But I don't know if Christopher Chong is being pushed into creating more perfumes and releasing them faster, maybe. Perfume is a buisness and no matter what, it's always going to be about the profits. So Andy Tauer created a flanker and it smells just like LADDM. When I did a side by side comparison, the flanker was smoother and seemed a little better blended. I'd be concerned if Andy Tauer released flanker after flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarwen22 View Post
    I don't think that the "niche market" is collapsing. I will admit that Amouage seems to be losing it's way. When I first came to be a perfume nut, Amouage seemed to release a new perfume every two or three years and they were very good. But I don't know if Christopher Chong is being pushed into creating more perfumes and releasing them faster, maybe. Perfume is a buisness and no matter what, it's always going to be about the profits. So Andy Tauer created a flanker and it smells just like LADDM. When I did a side by side comparison, the flanker was smoother and seemed a little better blended. I'd be concerned if Andy Tauer released flanker after flanker.

+1 re LADDM

Andy Tauer has stated that it isn't a 'flanker' though. Hmmmm