Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Club de Nuit Intense longevity

I'm surprised that no one discussing the scarcity of Armaf available. I check a few US discounters and several Ebay sellers in the USA who have had a decent supply of Armaf and they all have been out of CDNI Men and Craze for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I'm surprised that no one discussing the scarcity of Armaf available. I check a few US discounters and several Ebay sellers in the USA who have had a decent supply of Armaf and they all have been out of CDNI Men and Craze for over a month now.
    That's strange. I've just read that 2017 bottles are very weak in porformance and they smell like citronella (?). Can anyone comment on the 2017 batches??

Out of stock for bad batches maybe?

I bought mine yesterday, I don't know about this silver armaf "tag", but mine has a black sprayer, am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagjc View Post
    I bought mine yesterday, I don't know about this silver armaf "tag", but mine has a black sprayer, am I the only one?
    Really? You mean the sprayer or the cap? My spray is silver and is made in 2016. Can you tell us the batch you have? And comment on the performance? Thanks!

I bought mine yesterday,
    Where and for how much? Everywhere I look it's either gone or selling for $10 or more than it was a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelp View Post
    Really? You mean the sprayer or the cap? My spray is silver and is made in 2016. Can you tell us the batch you have? And comment on the performance? Thanks!
    I think he means the spray nozzle. Mine is silver, too and is a May, 2016 batch.

Yea, the spray nozzle. June, 2017 batch. As for performance, it's either I'm having olfactory fatigue or this thing is hella weak. But, I tested it on a piece of paper and it's projecting like crazy til' the next morning.

- - - Updated - - -

LOVEPALLETE on Amazon

Yea, the spray nozzle. June, 2017 batch. As for performance, it's either I'm having olfactory fatigue or this thing is hella weak. But, I tested it on a piece of paper and it's projecting like crazy til' the next morning.

- - - Updated - - -

LOVEPALLETE on Amazon

Can you post a picture of the sprayer? I've never seen one with the black sprayer. Club de nuit tends to cause olfative fatigue very quickly but it seems to be there's a reformulation in this fragrance. I've read that new 2017 batches are weak and now you're saying you've got one with the sprayer black!

- - - Updated - - -

LOVEPALLETE on Amazon
    You spent $40 from Lovepallette? Amazon direct has it back in stock for $30. I try to avoid Amazon's 3rd party resellers unless I've heard of them. It does appear you received the latest batch, though. Fragrances always have greater longevity on paper. Perry Ellis 360 Red smells great on paper and lasts for days but on my skin it doesn't smell that good and has about maybe 90 minutes longevity.

https://www.amazon.com/Armaf-Club-Nu...dp/B00M3IFUMK/

Let's wait for someone having the "lastest batches"! If this is like that and sheds some thoughts on this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelp View Post
    Can you post a picture of the sprayer? I've never seen one with the black sprayer. Club de nuit tends to cause olfative fatigue very quickly but it seems to be there's a reformulation in this fragrance. I've read that new 2017 batches are weak and now you're saying you've got one with the sprayer black!
    CDNIM.jpg here's the photo of it. June, 2017 batch. Made in France

Oh. First time I see it. Can you tell us about the performance and if you perceive if the scent has changed?? Longevity and projection. Thanks!!

I read on fragrantica people saying it was reformulated january 2017

Quote Originally Posted by CologneProdigy View Post
    I read on fragrantica people saying it was reformulated january 2017
    Read the same. We should wait for the opinions

- - - Updated - - -

LOVEPALLETE on Amazon

I got mine from amazon as well ysterday (shipped and sold by amazon), same batch, June 2017. My bottle has a black spray nozzle too.

Regarding performance: While at home last night, I sprayed once on my hand. The intensity of the smell died down a bit after the first 45 mins; I could still smell it after 5 hours (cleared my nose smelling coffee at 2hrs, 5hrs). This is my first CDNIM bottle, I don't really have a reference to compare it to.

I usually use 2 sprays for colognes/fragrances but this one seems quite strong to me; might go with just one spray. How many sprays do you guys usually use for CDNIM?

Quote Originally Posted by sean1 View Post
    I got mine from amazon as well ysterday (shipped and sold by amazon), same batch, June 2017. My bottle has a black spray nozzle too.

Regarding performance: While at home last night, I sprayed once on my hand. The intensity of the smell died down a bit after the first 45 mins; I could still smell it after 5 hours (cleared my nose smelling coffee at 2hrs, 5hrs). This is my first CDNIM bottle, I don't really have a reference to compare it to.

I usually use 2 sprays for colognes/fragrances but this one seems quite strong to me; might go with just one spray. How many sprays do you guys usually use for CDNIM?
    Like with most fragrances (unless they're powerhouse classics from the 1980's and 1990's which require less sprays - The current Armani Code Profumo EDP matches that description. One spray of that goes a very long way), I go with a spray on each side of the neck and two on the chest. I make sure to pat my shirt against the chest so the fragrance saturates the cotton. Environment and clothes also play a factor. I find that synthetic clothes eat up fragrances and lessen the scent. Warm weather also plays havoc with alot of current fragrances.

How long could you smell CDNIM as a skin scent when holding your arm agains your nose. I have a May 2016 bottle and I can smell it as a skin scent for over 12 hours.
    I'm going to have to do the coffee thing to test longevity. I do that in dept. stores when smelling fragrances (they have a cup of coffee beans ready) but never thought of doing it in the house. Thanks for the idea. It also sounds like the June 2017 batch is a good and strong vintage!

I will do the coffee test as well. Great new bottles (if this is so) have good performance!

Like with most fragrances (unless they're powerhouse classics from the 1980's and 1990's which require less sprays - The current Armani Code Profumo EDP matches that description. One spray of that goes a very long way), I go with a spray on each side of the neck and two on the chest. I make sure to pat my shirt against the chest so the fragrance saturates the cotton. Environment and clothes also play a factor. I find that synthetic clothes eat up fragrances and lessen the scent. Warm weather also plays havoc with alot of current fragrances.

How long could you smell CDNIM as a skin scent when holding your arm agains your nose. I have a May 2016 bottle and I can smell it as a skin scent for over 12 hours.
    I'm going to have to do the coffee thing to test longevity. I do that in dept. stores when smelling fragrances (they have a cup of coffee beans ready) but never thought of doing it in the house. Thanks for the idea. It also sounds like the June 2017 batch is a good and strong vintage!
    Great info on the Armani Code Profumo EDP, have been thinking of getting that. Just got ADG (original) recently since my old bottle ran out; had been seriously considering the profumo but costco had a killer deal on the ADG that I couldn't pass. Solid points on the clothes and the weather playing a role.

Regarding the CDNIM: could still smell it without bringing my hand to the nose after 5-6 hours (7PM to around 1AM). Even after washing my hand with soap, I could still smell it when holding my arm against my nose. Yes, I like this batch.

Great info on the Armani Code Profumo EDP, have been thinking of getting that. Just got ADG (original) recently since my old bottle ran out; had been seriously considering the profumo but costco had a killer deal on the ADG that I couldn't pass. Solid points on the clothes and the weather playing a role.

Regarding the CDNIM: could still smell it without bringing my hand to the nose after 5-6 hours (7PM to around 1AM). Even after washing my hand with soap, I could still smell it when holding my arm against my nose. Yes, I like this batch.
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I only use 1 spray, lately I been layering it with L'Aventure (using 1 or 2 on my clothes). This combo is a compliment beast for me.

For someone with the newer CDNI batch, did the burch note get toned down significantly? I really like the smokiness, would suck having a super fruity version,

Quote Originally Posted by CologneProdigy View Post
    I only use 1 spray, lately I been layering it with L'Aventure (using 1 or 2 on my clothes). This combo is a compliment beast for me.

For someone with the newer CDNI batch, did the burch note get toned down significantly? I really like the smokiness, would suck having a super fruity version,

Great to hear you like the layering of CDNIM and L'Aventure. I have seen some folks talk about layering with Pure II as well.

I have the new batch. But I'm also new to CDNIM so I have no reference to compare with, unfortunately. The smokiness is there and it's not super fruity to me.
    I tried this out last night and really like it. With two sprays, longevity as well as projection is great with my batch (06/2017).

I heard a lot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by amir199012 View Post
    I heard a lot about it.
    About what?

Great to hear you like the layering of CDNIM and L'Aventure. I have seen some folks talk about layering with Pure II as well.

I have the new batch. But I'm also new to CDNIM so I have no reference to compare with, unfortunately. The smokiness is there and it's not super fruity to me.
    I tried this out last night and really like it. With two sprays, longevity as well as projection is great with my batch (06/2017).
    You might also try layering with Demeter Pineapple Cologne.

You might also try layering with Demeter Pineapple Cologne.
    Never tried it myself. Would be interested to hear how did this (CDNIM with DPC, IP-II or L'Aventure) for the best results, in your opinion.

Never tried it myself. Would be interested to hear how did this (CDNIM with DPC, IP-II or L'Aventure) for the best results, in your opinion.
    I never tried L'Aventure but one spray on each arm or neck of the Demeter Pineapple may be too much. It's pretty strong and packs a punch. It smells great with CDNIM. You might also try Fine Platinum aftershave which is based on Aventus and has a nice pineapple note along with the smoky feel.

I first got the idea about layering CDNIM with Demeter from these videos. It's also been discussed in the forums:

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi....php?id=172566

Reviews on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Demeter-Colog...ByKeyword=nuit
    Last edited by Shave-A-Thon; 10th September 2017 at 11:14 PM.

I never tried L'Aventure but one spray on each arm or neck of the Demeter Pineapple may be too much. It's pretty strong and packs a punch. It smells great with CDNIM. You might also try Fine Platinum aftershave which is based on Aventus and has a nice pineapple note along with the smoky feel.

I first got the idea about layering CDNIM with Demeter from these videos. It's also been discussed in the forums:

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi....php?id=172566

Reviews on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Demeter-Colog...ByKeyword=nuit
    Thanks a lot for the helpful tips and the bn and youtube links, Shave-A-Thon. Something to look into for sure.

I don't recommend layering with demeter pineapple, that cologne is too strong ur going to smell like a glass of bacardi pineapple. I mixed CDNI 90% with about 10% demeter and it was still wayyyy too much pineapple. If you want to layer it use L'Aventure or Insurrection Pure 2 instead.

Demeter pineapple surprisingly outperforms most of my colognes, its beastly stuff be careful with that.

I just received the 2017 version today. I was unaware of the changes or reformulation. When I saw Jeremy with a different color sprayer on his bottle, I almost threw up ��. I must say that with first spray you get a very sharp lemon and it does worry you at first, but it does calm down into a very Smokey pineapple. I have not smelled Aventus but this is pretty close to what I would expect it to smell like with the years of reviews I’ve watched and the forums I’ve read. It has a smokiness a pineapple and a citrus smell to it. You get a nice blend on smoke and fruit. Now here’s where the answer to the big question is. How does it perform? Well let me tell you, I was at practice for sports and did a lot of running and sweating (I sweat a lot). Usually a fragrance would die down a lot after being through that but not CDNIM. I could smell it for another 5 hours after that. I sprayed it on at 11AM and kept getting wiffs of it at 7. Projection was awesome even on my wrist, which never has good projection for me. I cannot wait to extensively try this baby out!!

honestly it doesn't start with lemon and dry down to pineapple. it starts with a horribly chemical cleaning product lemon accord then dries down to something much more tolerable and citrusy but in reality it's that nasty lemon thing at a lower concentration. i'm not saying it's terrible but there's no pineapple to speak of and the opening is horrendous.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly