Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Club de Nuit Intense longevity

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    honestly it doesn't start with lemon and dry down to pineapple. it starts with a horribly chemical cleaning product lemon accord then dries down to something much more tolerable and citrusy but in reality it's that nasty lemon thing at a lower concentration. i'm not saying it's terrible but there's no pineapple to speak of and the opening is horrendous.
    As Iím sure you are aware, fragrances smell different to others noses. I was not happy with the opening at all and my buddy who I was with said wow that smells amazing. Also, as far as the lemon goes, as it dries down more smoke starts to come out with something that to me is quite distinctly pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneProdigy View Post
    I don't recommend layering with demeter pineapple, that cologne is too strong ur going to smell like a glass of bacardi pineapple. I mixed CDNI 90% with about 10% demeter and it was still wayyyy too much pineapple. If you want to layer it use L'Aventure or Insurrection Pure 2 instead.Demeter pineapple surprisingly outperforms most of my colognes, its beastly stuff be careful with that.
    The power of the Demeter Pineapple cologne is reminiscent of the colognes (yes colognes) I wore in the 1980's. Obsession was a cologne back then and when sprayed in the evening, would project well into the night and early morning. Did you decant the mixture in a 10 ml atomizer? If only everything would be as powerful as Demeter Pineapple!

How's the performance of L'Aventure and Pure Insurrection II? For the first two hours, won't the negate the middle and base notes of CDNI Men? Another possibility for layering and/or decanting is Fine Platinum, a strong aftershave from Fine Accoutrements that's based on Aventus with a nice pineapple top note.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageFraghead View Post
    I just received the 2017 version today....Usually a fragrance would die down a lot after being through that but not CDNIM. I could smell it for another 5 hours after that. I sprayed it on at 11AM and kept getting wiffs of it at 7. Projection was awesome even on my wrist, which never has good projection for me. I cannot wait to extensively try this baby out!!
    What your bottle date? It's on the bottom of the box and in black writing on the bottom of the bottle. The bottle has to be held under light at an angle to see it.

As Iím sure you are aware, fragrances smell different to others noses. I was not happy with the opening at all and my buddy who I was with said wow that smells amazing. Also, as far as the lemon goes, as it dries down more smoke starts to come out with something that to me is quite distinctly pineapple.
    To those that mention the harsh opening, all i can say is I walked into an elevator and a woman came in and said, "WOW. What smells so good in here!" Every time I watch a Youtube review where they test scents, for some reason the women don't like Aventus and love CDNI Men.

It is November 2017

As I’m sure you are aware, fragrances smell different to others noses. I was not happy with the opening at all and my buddy who I was with said wow that smells amazing. Also, as far as the lemon goes, as it dries down more smoke starts to come out with something that to me is quite distinctly pineapple.
    of course buddy i didn't mean to sound definitive just chiming in with what i get as i didn't enjoy it nearly as much as many others do. i just don't get any pineapple whatsoever which is a large part of what makes the creed so great.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

It is November 2017
    Thanks. Some were reporting that the early 2017 bottles were weak. It appears that starting with the April or June, 2017 bottles, the strength has returned to the performance.

of course buddy i didn't mean to sound definitive just chiming in with what i get as i didn't enjoy it nearly as much as many others do. i just don't get any pineapple whatsoever which is a large part of what makes the creed so great.
    If you want pineapple, a small quick spray of the Demeter Pineapple cologne before or after a few sprays of CDNI Men will negate the opening lemon note, but as another said, Demeter Pineapple Cologne is very powerful stuff.

The cost of splits people need to stop depriving themselves of the real pineapple AVENTUS experience o well more for us.
    Current Top 10

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain LíInstant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Homme LíEau Boisee

hay there
    i have recently bought a cdni 2017 batch and its a HUGE disappointment.and its not just about a perfume but a utter nonsense TREND we have now these days called BATCHES.and honestly speaking these batches become bitches.after all those magical words that people kept putting in my ears for years.for one single moment i have decide to take this bottles and throw it to the wall.(I WAS THAT DISAPPOINTED).as i have been told that this is something that can give tough time to aventus and i can see why they say that because yes this juice have that identical vibe but don't say that you just open a beautifully packed ceramic finished bottle with an amazing sprayer.and spray it to chest and neck.you get the extremely beautiful composition of fragrance that remind you avents(i don't agree with people who say that this is something that bother you for initial 30 minutes)and rite after fades away that WOW effect within 30 minutes or so.
    as i have been told that 2015 batch is a beast in every expat.its a power house.projects like a beast and have a very firm stand in all THREE departments and you know what i mean.some says that 2016 batch still have some potent ability.
    BUT GUYS.
    don't bother yourself to buy 2017 batch as they kill it dont no why.

It is November 2017
    Does your bottle have a black nozzle or a silver nozzle? I've read the 2017 bottles have black nozzles but I just received a Dec. 2017 with a silver nozzle.

I've read that the batch variance is more so due to where it was made rather than the year.

I have a 2015 silver sprayer and a 12/2017 black sprayer, both made in France not UAE, and to me they smell extremely similar with similar longevity. I couldn't pick the two apart in a blind test.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Feel free to check out my swap thread!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/450...-s-Swap-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    I've read that the batch variance is more so due to where it was made rather than the year.

I have a 2015 silver sprayer and a 12/2017 black sprayer, both made in France not UAE, and to me they smell extremely similar with similar longevity. I couldn't pick the two apart in a blind test.
    See my photo collage and read my posts here: https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...24338#p4524338

I'm not sure what's going on but it appears my bottle was repackaged. It's a Dec. 2017 bottle, made in France. The nozzle/atomizer has alot of give (moves from side to side), is silver with scratches on the back of the bottle. Check the flaps of the box and how ragged it looks for a box that was never supposed to have been opened.

Image link: https://i.imgur.com/XGAYSQg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    See my photo collage and read my posts here: https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...24338#p4524338

I'm not sure what's going on but it appears my bottle was repackaged. It's a Dec. 2017 bottle, made in France. The nozzle/atomizer has alot of give (moves from side to side), is silver with scratches on the back of the bottle. Check the flaps of the box and how ragged it looks for a box that was never supposed to have been opened.

Image link: https://i.imgur.com/XGAYSQg.jpg
    Your Dec 17 was made in France? So was my Nov 17 and it doesn't look like yours. Weird.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk
    Feel free to check out my swap thread!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/450...-s-Swap-Thread

ok guys lets get straight to the point.
    the GAME IS OVER.
    cdni is reformulated and forget about you already have in your mind about this power hose.
    now its a weak and pathetic like shit.i have purchased 2017 batch and for one movement a thought came in my mind to grab the
    bottle and throw it to the wall(i was that disappointed)these batches become BITCHES.how many beautiful perfumes we have lost in this black hole called.REFARMULASHION.

Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    Your Dec 17 was made in France? So was my Nov 17 and it doesn't look like yours.
    I'm sure my box was previously used and resealed. There's no reason why the back of the bottle should be scratched, the flaps creases are ragged, the inner carton torn, the nozzle assenbly feels loose and a full spray upon a first use. I exchanged it for another.

Quote Originally Posted by kazalbash View Post
    ok guys lets get straight to the point.the GAME IS OVER. cdni is reformulated...i have purchased 2017 batch...
    What's the month of your 2017 bottle? If you no longer have the box, hold the bottom of the bottle up to a light and you can see writing on an angle with the production date and expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I'm sure my box was previously used and resealed. There's no reason why the back of the bottle should be scratched, the flaps creases are ragged, the inner carton torn, the nozzle assenbly feels loose and a full spray upon a first use. I exchanged it for another.

What's the month of your 2017 bottle? If you no longer have the box, hold the bottom of the bottle up to a light and you can see writing on an angle with the production date and expiration date.
    It's interesting, I purchased a bottle of CDNIM recently and the packaging looks exactly like yours with the raggedy cardboard creases and scratches on the front and back of the bottle. Just seems like they had a cheap backyard production for that particular batch.

Hi there! News for you. I know I started the thread saying that my 2016 Cdni bottle might had had longevity issues. Well, I've purchased three more bottles. The three of them made in 2017/11 France. I've open two of them and the longevity is about 14 hs and the projection is impressive also. Yet I've discovered something important with this particular scent: is one of the scent likely to cause olfactive fatigue, so what I once did was to spray on the back of my neck and I was able to sense the aroma during lots of hours. So olfactive fatigue might be the culprit when thinking of poor longevity (especially with this scent to me). Now, as regards batches, I read that batch February 2017 might have longevity issues, but only that one should be the problem, as far as I read. My 2016/2017 bottles are excellent all of them, 2016 with silver tap and 2017/11 with the black sprayers, excellent also. I cannot distinguish noticeable differences among them. You could try spraying on your back neck and see if things improve. Regards!!

I just bought a bottle of CDNI from a reputable eBay seller. Here are pictures for comparison. On the bottom, there is a sticker with the Armaf logo, ingredients, and some Arabic? There is also very obscure black print stating batch number and Made in France. The sprayer is black and the chain is plastic and black as well.

IMG_20181019_190537.jpg
    IMG_20181019_190414.jpg
    IMG_20181019_190507.jpg
    IMG_20181019_190708.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have a similar bottle to compare notes?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's Batch# 255360.80200

- - - Updated - - -

Box pictures
    IMG_20181019_194914.jpg
    IMG_20181019_194720.jpg
    IMG_20181019_194731.jpg
    IMG_20181019_194752.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumEnd View Post
    I just bought a bottle of CDNI from a reputable eBay seller. Here are pictures for comparison. On the bottom, there is a sticker with the Armaf logo, ingredients, and some Arabic? There is also very obscure black print stating batch number and Made in France. The sprayer is black and the chain is plastic and black as well.

I think it's Batch# 255360.80200

Box pictures
    IMG_20181019_194914.jpg
    Hi, you have a production date 04/2018. How do you find the longevity/Sillage of this bottle?
    architect with a photo-camera
    http://raminzmicer.com

Nvm i take it back, great fragrance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frag023; 18th June 2019 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marbert View Post
    Hi, you have a production date 04/2018. How do you find the longevity/Sillage of this bottle?
    Omg bro, I'm so sorry I never replied back. I guess I didn't select to be notified with replies for this forum post. Anyway, late reply but the 4/2018 version has strong projection and long lasting sillage. With 4 sprays. I get about 3 hours of decent projection and 12-14 hours before it's a faint skin scent. If you put it on clothes, you can still smell it days later. if you put it in your hair, you smell it the next day and it wakes up when you hit the shower with hot water.

Warning! You can put people's noses in a choke hold with more than 4 sprays. It's really strong stuff. Definitely spray it on before leaving the house so that 30 minutes have passed before you are around other people. Apparently the latest batches of CDNI are getting a lot of praise by the community. I can only gauge by YouTube comments, but since the start of 2018, every batch has been good.

I bought mine off eBay from a reputable seller. I liked it so much that I had to buy the real thing to smell the difference for myself. Yes, it's about 95% similar smelling after 30 minutes. So I learned from you guys that batch 18B01 of Aventus was a decent fruity batch; so I bought that one. On that note...I ended up going to Scent Bar to check out Mancera's Cedrat Boise. I fell in love at first smell and dry down. I only mention this because I don't see a lot of people talking about it as they do Parfums Vintage for Pineapple Vintage. Anyway, I know I went off on a tangent but I thought it's worth noting that someone like me, that first started with CDNI ended up buying the real Aventus and then ended up getting something not quite like Aventus but in the same genre of class. Cedrat Boise is so good. I highly suggest it.
    Rotation:

Tom Ford Noir Extreme + Molecule 01
    Georgio Armani Absolu
    Mancera Cedrat Boise
    Bleu de Chanel EDP + Molecule 01
    Dior Sauvage EDP + Molecule 04
    Creed Aventus
    YSL La Nuit de L'homme
    Parfums de Marly Layton
    Prada L'homme + Molecule 04
    Invictus
    Molecule 01, 02, 04 (I just don't like 03)
    ...with some randoms every once