Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 85 of 85
  1. #61
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    most of my wearings have been the oil. I haven't worn the perfume enough to tell the difference. The oil is fantastic.
    Great, sounds promising! I hope I get 65% Smolder and 35% Rose, lol

  2. #62

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Can you tell me if there is any real noticeable difference in the smells between the oil and perfume?? I thought I ordered the perfume sample, but my receipt shows the oil coming...thanks!
    I find the perfume of Smolderose noticeably greener and more herbal than the oil, more like geranium than the honeyed powdery rose in oil. There is also subtle ambery saltiness missing in the oil. Overall I find the perfume is structrued more clearly, while the notes in the oil feel more hazy. Neither of them smells really smoky to me.
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

  3. #63
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    I really hope it’s not dominated by something green

  4. #64

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I really hope it’s not dominated by something green
    I don't find Smolderose dominated by green elements. It's just that in comparison to the oil version, I find the herbal facet of rose and geranium in perfume version is more easily perceivable. If you're after a rose with an emphasis on smoke, I'd suggest testing St. Clair's Frost as well.
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

  5. #65
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I don't find Smolderose dominated by green elements. It's just that in comparison to the oil version, I find the herbal facet of rose and geranium in perfume version is more easily perceivable. If you're after a rose with an emphasis on smoke, I'd suggest testing St. Clair's Frost as well.
    Great, thanks for the suggestion, thanks

  6. #66
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Update

    I need some helpful info from anybody that’s ordered from JSP before. I ordered those previously mentioned samples 7 days ago. I got an email right away saying it was confirmed, and would get another email when shipped. So it’s been a full week with nothing received or any email. Is this typical with them, or does it seem like something is up? I also sent an email back asking about the order, and haven’t gotten a response to that either.

  7. #67

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Update

    I need some helpful info from anybody that’s ordered from JSP before. I ordered those previously mentioned samples 7 days ago. I got an email right away saying it was confirmed, and would get another email when shipped. So it’s been a full week with nothing received or any email. Is this typical with them, or does it seem like something is up? I also sent an email back asking about the order, and haven’t gotten a response to that either.
    I didn't have any issue with my past orders from JSP. They usually turn up in the expected timeframe for me (between 1 and 2 weeks to France). John sometimes has to be away to fullfill his writing duties for Fragrantica (for interviews or attending fairs like Esxence), but I have the impression that he'd informed me of shipping delays in these circumstances either in follow-up emails for my order or more generally in subscribed emails. It's possible that your order had some trouble during shipping, maybe you can try to write to him again to explain your concern.
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

  8. #68
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I didn't have any issue with my past orders from JSP. They usually turn up in the expected timeframe for me (between 1 and 2 weeks to France). John sometimes has to be away to fullfill his writing duties for Fragrantica (for interviews or attending fairs like Esxence), but I have the impression that he'd informed me of shipping delays in these circumstances either in follow-up emails for my order or more generally in subscribed emails. It's possible that your order had some trouble during shipping, maybe you can try to write to him again to explain your concern.
    John did get back to me and made everything right! The Smolderose oil is my first testing, and I’m liking the first 4 hours, but the drydown seems a bit soft for my liking.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    I tried 4 of them:

    - Selperniku: has been very well described by previous posters, so I'll leave it as it is. Not similar, but in the same category as Lutens Jeux de Peau. My least favourite, leans feminine imo.

    - Smolderose: a beautiful rose. Or an horrible one. I haven't decided yet. Sometimes I find it's the most natural rose I have ever smelt, sometimes I find it's kind of a synthetic air freshener rose. Will work on this one.

    - Eiderantler: very unique green fragrance. I love its greenness, but I'm not a fan of its sweet base. Just a like for me.

    - Burvuvu: the masterpiece. The best cedar I happened to smell in my life. A 3 dimensional scent, very realistic and original at the same time. Hall of Fame! (it's strong, do not blind buy!)


    I still have to smell Vaporocindro and Dinudisit. Both have great feedback it seems, looking forward to it!

    Tested based on decants. Thank you Galen!

  10. #70
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I tried 4 of them:

    - Selperniku: has been very well described by previous posters, so I'll leave it as it is. Not similar, but in the same category as Lutens Jeux de Peau. My least favourite, leans feminine imo.

    - Smolderose: a beautiful rose. Or an horrible one. I haven't decided yet. Sometimes I find it's the most natural rose I have ever smelt, sometimes I find it's kind of a synthetic air freshener rose. Will work on this one.

    - Eiderantler: very unique green fragrance. I love its greenness, but I'm not a fan of its sweet base. Just a like for me.

    - Burvuvu: the masterpiece. The best cedar I happened to smell in my life. A 3 dimensional scent, very realistic and original at the same time. Hall of Fame! (it's strong, do not blind buy!)


    I still have to smell Vaporocindro and Dinudisit. Both have great feedback it seems, looking forward to it!

    Tested based on decants. Thank you Galen!
    I fully agree about Burvuvu! It is a powerful cedar and smells so naturally raw it’s unbelievable! I want a FB!

  11. #71
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    New JSP fragrance available this Friday: Serin

    Notes include marigold, heliotrope, sage, and incense.

    70689485_2966415363388441_2114252167475888128_n.jpg
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"

  12. #72
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    New JSP fragrance available this Friday: Serin

    Notes include marigold, heliotrope, sage, and incense.

    70689485_2966415363388441_2114252167475888128_n.jpg
    Thank you

  13. #73
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Thank you
    Certainly! I am curious to get your opinion on this, thrilledchilled.

    I'm already sold on it.
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"

  14. #74
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Looking forward to give this a try!

  15. #75
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    I will order a full bottle. Love John’s work. Love it.

  16. #76
    Basenotes Plus
    wildrnesxperienc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Sounds interesting. Still need to sample Burvuvu. A visit to a Twisted Lily is in order once they also get this in stock. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    New JSP fragrance available this Friday: Serin

    Notes include marigold, heliotrope, sage, and incense.

    70689485_2966415363388441_2114252167475888128_n.jpg
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

  17. #77
    Basenotes Plus

    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,946

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    New JSP fragrance available this Friday: Serin

    Notes include marigold, heliotrope, sage, and incense.

    70689485_2966415363388441_2114252167475888128_n.jpg
    Looks great indeed
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  18. #78
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    I ordered a bottle.

    The name sounds like the nerve gas lol

    Sarin

  19. #79
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I ordered a bottle.

    The name sounds like the nerve gas lol

    Sarin
    Lol there's also the European Serin, a mottled-yellow finch... Though I doubt that has anything to do with this Rhode Island-based creator's work

    download.jpg
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"

  20. #80
    Basenotes Plus
    wildrnesxperienc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I ordered a bottle.

    The name sounds like the nerve gas lol

    Sarin
    That’s what I thought of too!
    Last edited by wildrnesxperienc; 20th September 2019 at 10:03 PM.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

  21. #81
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    First wearing of Serin. Really interesting. I get incense marigold heliotrope. Love it.

  22. #82
    Super Member Fragrant Vagrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Just tried Burvuvu for the first time yesterday, it reminds me Commes des Garcon's Hinoki.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

  23. #83
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Complete agreement, Thrilled: Serin is fantastic in my book.

    Something smells so familiar -- not in a fragrance way, but in a scent memory way. I'll put more thought into this and report back if I can recall anything.

    In the meantime, what strikes me about Serin is the way the floral, "orangey" notes of marigold swirl around with the greenery of sage and the powdery heliotrope: the composition seems to dart through each of them in the course of every second-long sniff. Very kaleidoscopic, considering there are only a few listed notes.

    Perfectly-timed release, too, since this screams "Autumn."

    Fans of Dinudisit and Selperniku will likely enjoy this.

    By the way, I've submitted Dinudisit, as well as Serin, to the catalog. Let's hope they approve it quickly so we can start logging wears of those.
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"

  24. #84

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    So, which one of you is buying Pahkamiskip?

  25. #85
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: January Scent Projects

    Not me. Too rich for my blood.

    I did just pick up a 100mL of Selperniku. I really like it and wanted a good long term supply.

    I have all the others and love them. Burvuvu is my all time fave from the house and one of my faves of all my fragrances.




Similar Threads

  1. Looking for suggestions for a summer scent that lasts and projects
    By pippin06 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23rd March 2017, 05:37 AM
  2. Room Scent Of The Day - January 2016
    By hednic in forum Home Fragrance
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 31st January 2016, 03:54 PM
  3. Room Scent of the Day- January 2015
    By iodine in forum Home Fragrance
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 1st February 2015, 01:33 PM
  4. Citrus/Fresh Scent - lasts long and projects?
    By TripleB in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 26th August 2014, 11:46 AM
  5. Need a nice club scent that projects very well.
    By frostyicy in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 17th March 2012, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000