Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: what are some best jeans?

I just found out my slightly boot cut jeans are out of style! I went jean shopping and walked out with Levi's 513 slim fit straights. They fit me best. I have to change with the times!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I just found out my slightly boot cut jeans are out of style! I went jean shopping and walked out with Levi's 513 slim fit straights. They fit me best. I have to change with the times!
    Then your jeans have to be cut so tight that panhandlers can count exactly how much spare change you have in your pocket without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Then your jeans have to be cut so tight that panhandlers can count exactly how much spare change you have in your pocket without even trying.
    Not quite, but you're not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I own both 513 and 501, and I agree that 513 usually fits better than 501, but the fabric of 513 is so much worse - paper thin, feels like it's going to tear down easily. And now they are doing it stretchable... I guess I'll search for an equivalent next time. Good fabric also matters.

Quote Originally Posted by snifsnif View Post
    I've recently seen on Levi's that they sell jeans that are waterproof? Even some of their denim jackets are water proof as well. I'm not sure if this is a new thing or maybe because getting soaked would make denims smell or if being dry is always a good thing when it rains?

Levi's always come to mind.

I could go by what's on this top 10 list as well:

https://www.thetoptens.com/top-ten-brands-jeans/

or some more obscure brands as well:

https://www.dmarge.com/2017/01/jeans-brands-men.html
    Can anybody help me out knowing the latest and trendiest ladies jeans brands in the market?
    I am curious to know about it and have planned to showcase these brands in my personal wardrobes. You may contact me for advertising your brands too.

Best
    Sarah

Naked & Famous jeans are well made.

Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

I don't really wear jeans nowadays but my mom got me a pair from Jacob Cohen and I must admit I like them a lot. If I ever were to revert to casual I would wear Jacob Cohen jeans.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

I agree with those who called out Mavi and Nudie. Very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

I highly recommend Rag & Bone as well as AllSaints

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    I don't really wear jeans nowadays but my mom got me a pair from Jacob Cohen and I must admit I like them a lot. If I ever were to revert to casual I would wear Jacob Cohen jeans.
    I agree. Amazing quality.

My favorite is Nonnative dweller 5p jeans. Have three pairs in different washes and shades. Might not look like much in pictures, but amazing fabrics and very well thought out shape.

Default what are some best jeans?

The best jeans ever made and highly praised by denim heads is Iron heart 25oz jeans (made in Japan), cost is $400-$440

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    I own both 513 and 501, and I agree that 513 usually fits better than 501, but the fabric of 513 is so much worse - paper thin, feels like it's going to tear down easily. And now they are doing it stretchable... I guess I'll search for an equivalent next time. Good fabric also matters.
    I don’t think thick jeans is synonym of good jeans. They usually last longer, no doubt. I have a lot of quality thin jeans. It’s a matter of comfort and a thin fabric is way better to wear during the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa911 View Post
    The best jeans ever made and highly praised by denim heads is Iron heart 25oz jeans (made in Japan), cost is $400-$440

The stoned ones are very nice!!!

RL, Armani, Guess Jeans are my top faves. Not a fan of Levi's.

Blog Entries

The best jeans are the ones that fit you best.

Maybe I never paid attention before but i'm starting to notice that some jeans are actually warmer during warmer summer months (like 80 degrees and up), so my question is, what material jeans should I look for? Are these even considered jeans? I noticed that khakis or chinos are thinner in material therefore might be great for summer wear. Kinda like corduroys are for colder months but not during warmer months. Any suggestions?

Sears sells a lot of Levi's and some are thinner in material.

- - - Updated - - -

Sears tend to have good sales on Levi's during holiday sales and or end of season type of sales. I wonder if the Lee brand of jeans are also pretty good, since no one here ever mentioned it!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyJones View Post
    Love Levi's but when I have to shop in budget, I prefer other quality brands.
    Earn $25 when one friend makes a purchase. They'll get $10.

https://www.ebates.com/r/CHICHI1336?eeid=28187

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by snifsnif View Post
    I noticed that khakis or chinos are thinner in material therefore might be great for summer wear.
    Much more practical for the warmer temperatures.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

This is best fabric so far . Pure blue japan Aizome natural dye unsanfornized raw denim. I just got this today. 18oz weight.

I had a pair of Pure Blue's years ago and absolutely loved them. I still have the pair, but they are really beaten up and had major crotch blowout that has been repaired a couple times. Great fit, beautiful indigo, great fades. If you like the slubby texture of the Pure Blue denim you should check out the ONI "Secret Denim." It's a bit heavier weight at 20oz, but it's not brutally stiff. I'll post some pics below and I'll also include the link to the shop in NYC where I got mine from:

https://blueingreensoho.com/

oni-denim-546zr-20-oz-secret-denim-jeans.jpg

oni506zrna_7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mraza203 View Post
    This is best fabric so far . Pure blue japan Aizome natural dye unsanfornized raw denim. I just got this today. 18oz weight.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

These are nice looking.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Anglers Group is making jeans for Pierre Cardin.
    The line is called Les Bleu. The quality is top notch.
    I had 2 pairs made for me and they are no worse than Jacob Cohen's. I have no idea if they already retail but I'm pretty sure they will be a part of the Art and Craft series.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Let's Dance

A question - do you specifically prefer selvedge over non-selvedge?

AG Graduates preferably no more than 11 oz

I'm quite partial to Diesel jeans, though the quality can be hit or miss. I bought one pair in Selfridges and the quality is top-notch. The other pair - same model, different dye and stitch colouring - I bought from an online retailer / outlet and the stiching around one of the back pockets seems to be fraying away. Go figure, but maybe there's a reason they were over 50% off...

I'm looking for some good jeans too.

I can tell you that 501's aren't that great. Super stiff, uncomfortable, stupid multiple buttons fly, and they are too loose around the calves. They also smell even after you wash them good. I'm not feeling them.

I've tried the various other styles of Levi's, 559, skinny, etc, and they're all off.

Cult of Individuality (Japanese Denim) very thick but oh so nice.
    Robins, a little pricey but I enjoy them.
    Mavi, are a nice go to.
    Hudson, a nice go to as well.
    7's & Levi's round out my choices.

Men's jeans that I can not wear.... I work out a lot so my thighs are pretty solid...I have yet to find any Tom Ford, Balmain or DSquare jeans that I can fit over one thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I'm looking for some good jeans too.

I can tell you that 501's aren't that great. Super stiff, uncomfortable, stupid multiple buttons fly, and they are too loose around the calves. They also smell even after you wash them good. I'm not feeling them.

I've tried the various other styles of Levi's, 559, skinny, etc, and they're all off.
    Maybe you will like the 511 cut and there is one or two other cuts that are more fit around the calves.
    Calvin Klein has a huge variety of skinny ones. Armani has nice slim fit pieces. Look for jeans with at least 2% of elastane. But the most comfortable ones I have tried and have are made by a mix of fabrics and have the texture of a sweatshirt despite clearly looking like and dressing like jeans.

Let's Dance

Levis seems to have had a shocking drop in quality (for me, anyway).