Code of Conduct
o

Default frederic malle musc ravageur since the buyout and parent company ownership change

Do any frederic malle afficianados have any input as to whether musc ravageur has changed at all since the buy out and parent company ownership change?

Default Re: frederic malle musc ravageur since the buyout and parent company ownership change

Don't know for certain

But with MR a bit of thinning out might actually improve the fragrance -- for me it's always been unrefined and 'in your face'

Default Re: frederic malle musc ravageur since the buyout and parent company ownership change

Thank you. If there are any MR lovers who have tried it since the change of ownership - any input would be appreciated.

It's not as "ballsy" as before to me. Drydown is nearly identical to my nose though. It's actually wearable whereas before I was not a fan. But please note, I'm going off of samples and have not purchased.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Do any frederic malle afficianados have any input as to whether musc ravageur has changed at all since the buy out and parent company ownership change?
    Personally haven't noticed any change.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I can't compare the two because I have never smelled the original version, but I just purchased a bottle and there doesn't seem to be anything about it that makes it "hard to wear". Just really good stuff imo. Longevity was good for me too.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Tom Ford Fougere D'argent
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally haven't noticed any change.
    Second this.
    Last edited by Nelsen; 25th August 2017 at 04:51 PM.

I got a new bottle back in late June/early July and have loved it. Going to wear it tomorrow. It's really quite strong. Any more than 3-4 sprays is overkill and really lasts long on skin and clothes. In fact the trail that this leaves on clothes is superb. Wife loves it too.

Well, I have an older bottle and have sampled the recent versions.

It seemed to me that it is only a little watered down, which is for me a good thing. Although the performance is affected slightly, its contravertial top notes are significantly toned down.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla g÷nderildi

Didn't the reformulation occur before the buyout (marked by the cap's change from matt to shiny)?

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    It's really quite strong. Any more than 3-4 sprays is overkill and really lasts long on skin and clothes. In fact the trail that this leaves on clothes is superb.
    My point as well.

Banned

Has anybody tried the MR shower gel?

Anybody know when they changed the backside text on the band around the bottle? I know there are at least 3 variants of bottles that I own. Bottle bought in 2010 (produced in 2009 I think it was according to the bottom) with matte cap says EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FREDERIC MALLE in a larger font, whereas the bottles with shiny cap I bought in 2017 say EDP FRANCE HOLDINGS S.A.S. in a smaller font instead. Then the recent purchase of Dans Tes Bras I assume was produced in-between those eras, it has the shiny cap but the old text on the backside (albeit in a slightly different tone).

I assume from this that Dans Tes Bras doesn't sell very well, and they have a few older batches lingering around for a bit of time, because the GPM and ASLP bottles (4 in total bought in 2017) all had the smaller font text. And this DTB bottle is my most recent purchase. All bought from first in fragrance. This DTB bottle must be from before they made the changes after the E.L. buyout, so 2015 or so.

There is a number inside the caps, too. The old (~2009) matte cap says "5", 2017 purchased ASLP and GPM says "5" (one of them said "1" I believe, that was the earliest purchase, made in early summer of 2017), and 2017 (December) purchased Dans Tes Bras says "B" or "8".
    The DTB bottle has the same number on the bottom as the ASLP bottles tho, the GPM number on bottom being different.
    ----
    Anyway I was surprised to see FM fragrances on a Swedish cosmetics chain website ( KICKS ), albeit it was mostly out of stock and most of the physical stores did not have any of it listed as in stock.
    Last edited by Heawns; 2nd January 2018 at 02:34 PM.

MR was always a pleasant and rather inoffensive fragrance to me, I smelled it back in 2009-2010, it smelled like orange cake. Have not smelled the newer stuff. If it smelled less like orange cake that would be good for me, I might try it again in that case.

If you want something slightly dirty or more provocative from the FM line you should try Dans Tes Bras or Une Fleur de Cassie. I have smelled most of the FM line and those two are the most challenging to me, at least if we talk about vaguely speaking dirty or strange smelling stuff. I recall Maurice saying that DTB had far more musk type ingredients in it than MR. DTB does smell a lot like salty skin, rather intimate skin smell, without being explicitly vulgar, a rather low-pitched smell. But at the same time it has a high pitched smelling violet and birch twig note in it (anyway birch twigs in a dusty metal vase filled with water is one strong impression I get).

UfdC one reviewer described as smelling like sweaty butt-cheeks, and another like moisture in a bottle. It has sharp greenness, a little sweetness and gentleness, some pretty floral tones, but also something deep and very low-pitched and intimate smelling.

DTB I have only smelled the recent stuff, and UFDC only the old matte cap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Heawns View Post
    MR was always a pleasant and rather inoffensive fragrance to me, I smelled it back in 2009-2010, it smelled like orange cake. Have not smelled the newer stuff. If it smelled less like orange cake that would be good for me, I might try it again in that case.
    I can relate to what you mean here by 'orange cake'. There's definitely a nice citrus peel vibe from it and mixed with the cinnamon and clove it makes for a wonderful, Christmasey combination. I have used my bottle here and there and every time I get to the extreme dry-down I wonder why I haven't used my bottle more. Along with French Lover, this is easily one of my favourite scents. Frederic Malle isn't always among the best for me, but these two are quite a luxurious addition to my wardrobe.

Never found it a powerhouse.