Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo men's grooming

Got an email today (below) annoucing Le Labo's upcoming men's grooming products.

I love the body products of Le Labo because they are true to the perfumes. Regrettably, this one will not smell like any of the perfumes. Instead, it will be plant-based and vegan, whatever that means. Patchouli, oakmoss, and jasmine are of course plant based and vegan, but Estee Lauder is IFRA compliant so we're not going to get any of these. Perhaps just a touch of tonka bean.

The email also announced face and body products - also natural etc etc. Since Le Labo already has a body line (not a face one), I suspect this means that they are going to kill the excellent perfumed body products for a unique generic scent.

Let's see
    cacio

Dear Friends,

We are very excited to share what we've been working on in our labs for the past five years. On October 1, Le Labo will introduce a Body - Hair - Face collection and a Men's Grooming collection. After many trials, tests, failures, starting-overs, we finally landed on creations we feel will simplify life in your bathroom.

The Body - Hair - Face creations are plant-based, genderless, claimless and cruelty-free. They are free of any promise other than making you feel f$%@#&g good while using it.

The Men's Grooming collection is inspired by traditional Americana barbershops. All creations in this line are plant-based, vegan with modern textures and a retro feel.

That's all we can share for now... We thought it was important that you were the first to know, and rest assured - it's not fake news. More to come, soon!
    Yours,
    Eddie & Fabrice

Default Re: Le Labo men's grooming

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The email also announced face and body products - also natural etc etc. Since Le Labo already has a body line (not a face one), I suspect this means that they are going to kill the excellent perfumed body products for a unique generic scent.
    Yeah, I had the same newsletter too.

I can't see them killing off the perfumed body products, or at least I really hope they won't do that. I can see this being a fragrance free and perhaps less expensive extension to the existing line though.

One thing that strikes me though - does every Lauder-owned fragrance brand need a complementary cosmetics line? What's next; Frederic Malle branded anti-ageing cream?

There must be some room for Malle liquid lipsticks!

cacio

Actually, their signature red colour would make a killer red lipstick!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

This might be something I might actually consider trying.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I really love their fragrances, but I don't think I could justify spending their kind of money on grooming products...

I got the announcement as well but I'm not holding my breath given that the men's product market is already fairly saturated. Will be interesting to see what they offer though when it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I got the announcement as well but I'm not holding my breath given that the men's product market is already fairly saturated. Will be interesting to see what they offer though when it's released.
    Yup, it's better to gather feedback first from those who had experienced the product (after its release), rather than spend your cash on one which gives off a disappointing result.

With the economy of scale that Lauder has, I'm sure Le Labo would be able to buy the product, packaging and / or ingredients either from Lauder directly as an internal customer or one of their partners / suppliers at a fraction of the cost compared to doing it independently.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I'm not buying the 'we've been working on this in our basement for the last five years' at all. They're part of a larger conglomerate now and believe me, they're going to make use out of it to be as profitable as possible.

Got a marketing email from Le Labo earlier saying that their bath and body range is now available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    With the economy of scale that Lauder has, I'm sure Le Labo would be able to buy the product, packaging and / or ingredients either from Lauder directly as an internal customer or one of their partners / suppliers at a fraction of the cost compared to doing it independently.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I'm not buying the 'we've been working on this in our basement for the last five years' at all. They're part of a larger conglomerate now and believe me, they're going to make use out of it to be as profitable as possible.
    I agree. It seems silly to pretend you're some indie basement outfit when you're part of one of the biggest cosmetic firms on the planet.

they have some new bath products too.

i got a bottle of the mandarin/sesame shower gel and a few samplers. smells really good!
    Currently wearing: Acqua Wood by Collistar