Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mixerscent Attar and deep Vintage Sample Pass

The eagle has landed...I repeat, the eagle has landed.
    I've nerded out a bit, and made a spreadsheet that you can check out - it's sort of my cheat sheet so I can get through these efficiently but still maximize my appreciation. Here's a link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I've started with Godet Chypre, because Purecaramel noted that it was really faint. Here's what I get:
    -gingerale fizz, really nice, almost tickles the nose
    -quickly mellows to a mossy earthy rose
    -clovey spice (pepper?)
    -woods and incense: fast transition to the incense (within 10 minutes!)
    Now it is a gentle honey (which on me is a wee bit peeish, but not too much). A little like Bal a Versailles drydown, but only the good. When it warms on my skin, I get a gentle sweet floral - is that the iris? It smells vaguely like lily.

Godet Petite Fleur Bleue
    Blast of Heure Bleue
    Marzipan heliotrope (is that medicinal? If so, that's what I'm getting)
    Jasmine (touch of indole), earthy ylang ylangish
    Nice incense drydown

Godet Cuir Russie
    Dry leather, petrol, soapish iodine (earthy clean feel), waxy Iris, and an extremely short lived ylang ylang burst. Drydown feels soft, waxy. Very nice.
    Last edited by sciencegirl; 28th September 2017 at 12:50 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegirl View Post
    I've nerded out a bit, and made a spreadsheet that you can check out - it's sort of my cheat sheet so I can get through these efficiently but still maximize my appreciation. Here's a link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    You are a girl after my own heart. I love a good spreadsheet rundown.

I also love that your only note for Iterji Adghal says "cows".

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    You are a girl after my own heart. I love a good spreadsheet rundown.

I also love that your only note for Iterji Adghal says "cows".
    Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet? I just did one yesterday of all the samples I want and where they can be gotten... yeesh.

But I am utterly drooling while following this thread. Can't wait to hear all of your impressions.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet? I just did one yesterday of all the samples I want and where they can be gotten... yeesh.

But I am utterly drooling while following this thread. Can't wait to hear all of your impressions.
    I love the idea of a personal samples spreadsheet!
    Is there any value in me making it editable by all? Would that be useful to people? Then you could save your own copy if you want, or whatever. I won't presume to think that my impressions are pro by any stretch. Anyway, if you want me to make it editable by all just let me know.

Today is Elie Saab day.
    Neroli: creamy blossoms, with iris - lovely
    Vetiver: Masculine and green, yet very wearable. Vetiver quickly morphs into a dry smoky green that has hints of Gris Clair or even Borneo 1834 - dry soil, sweet smoke, reminds me of sweet fern (Comptonia peregrina), when you crush the leaves. I really really want my husband to smell like this. I might have to find some for him. I can't pick up the clove note in it, but when I compare it to Guerlain's vetiver (modern), I gotta say that Guerlain does a nice spicy meatball.
    As purecaramel noted, it's definitely understated and classy. I'd wear it to a book launch - hey, perfect, that's where I'm headed tonight!

Basenotes Plus

Is there any value in me making it editable by all? Would that be useful to people? Then you could save your own copy if you want, or whatever. I won't presume to think that my impressions are pro by any stretch. Anyway, if you want me to make it editable by all just let me know.

Today is Elie Saab day.
    Neroli: creamy blossoms, with iris - lovely
    Vetiver: Masculine and green, yet very wearable. Vetiver quickly morphs into a dry smoky green that has hints of Gris Clair or even Borneo 1834 - dry soil, sweet smoke, reminds me of sweet fern (Comptonia peregrina), when you crush the leaves. I really really want my husband to smell like this. I might have to find some for him. I can't pick up the clove note in it, but when I compare it to Guerlain's vetiver (modern), I gotta say that Guerlain does a nice spicy meatball.
    As purecaramel noted, it's definitely understated and classy. I'd wear it to a book launch - hey, perfect, that's where I'm headed tonight!
    You need to ignore most of my nonsense. I wasn't able to get anything from the Godet's Chypre with my snozz.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Basenotes Plus

Is there any value in me making it editable by all? Would that be useful to people?
    Actually, I was thinking of PMing you to ask if I could get one-time access to it, so I could at least copy out the scent name and note pyramid columns.

I mean, you've done all that typing already -- why not recycle it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of PMing you to ask if I could get one-time access to it, so I could at least copy out the scent name and note pyramid columns.

I mean, you've done all that typing already -- why not recycle it?
    I couldn't agree more! It is now editable by all...please use your new found powers wisely!
    I will save myself an additional copy in case it gets messed up, but really, what could happen? Help yourselves, and even better, wouldn't it be fun if others made columns for their own impressions? So much data. We could run stats on it!
    Notes spreadsheet

This weekend I got through a few - here are some summaries:

LF's Iris Gris - wow, gorgeous peach, and as Purecaramel stated, pineapple too. I got an interesting molasses / black licorice vibe, hint of iris, and a creamy floral sweet musky drydown.

Satori Iris Homme - Lemony iris, smooth, light, carrot, smoother than Iris Silver Mist, which has a bit more bite / spice

Nombre Noir - Oh, where to begin?! Aldehye, rose, bitter green, wood and moss, very dry. Elegant as heck.

Habit Rouge - muted and smoother than the current EdP; less sweet, moss was noticeable (I am learning lots - I think that the 'musty' smell I get from some more complex scents is actually moss. It's not a bad thing, definitely adds depth)

Vol de Nuit - sort of made me want to cry a bit. Mega mossy, galbanum, daffodil, and powder - but the moss says it all. I imagine the sandalwood that's listed gives that sort of creamy thing I felt. I love it so much.

Chanel No. 19 - Oh my, this is amazing. Bitter green, rich, dry moss (but not musty), not sure if I found aldehydes...then roses, greens, leather and smoke (wondering if that's the vetiver)...finally a delicious lipstick waxy ambergris / iris warmth. I don't know if I can go to work tomorrow with this in my world. I might need to stay home and sniff the label mournfully.
    ...is it possible that this reminds me of Amouage Dia?
    Last edited by sciencegirl; 2nd October 2017 at 01:36 AM.

Freed from BN Institution

That's a huge list of participants! Is there going to be enough for everyone to go around?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

I think so, as long as we're judicious with our dabbing. I have a small non porous metal probe that I dip in to get a teeny amount of juice. Doesn't take much, especially with those attars. I got a sample pack of attars from Sultan Pasha a while back, and I have tons left, from using my metal probe method.
    I can send a picture of what we have now so you can gauge our volumes if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    That's a huge list of participants! Is there going to be enough for everyone to go around?
    It should be fine, there's 3ml for each fragrance including the extraits and 1ml for each attar (the attars are strong so just a small swipe is fine). The only exception is vintage Cuir de Russie, there's only 1ml of it in the sample pass and it's quite addictive! just a swipe so everyone gets a sniff.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum

More impressions / progress:
    Amouage Epic Man - woody rose, hint of animal
    Amouage Lyric Man - violets, lily of the valley, clean
    Amouage Dia Man - smoky incense and spices
    Emeraude - Shalimar, woody, gorgeous
    Chanel Cuire de Russie - leather, horses, ylang ylang, tar / cade, civet, waxy iris - very sexy

Ormonde Jayne Black Gold - I agree with Purecaramel...buttery and complex. I get an opening of grapefruit-cloudberry (sweet/tart)-musky-lily-wood (cedar), that sweet Ormonde Jayne forest thing that I get in Ormonde Jayne Woman, just way more complex here (wondering if that's sandalwood / cedar combo).

Amouage Gold Man - wow, this is a keeper! I would wear this, no problem. Aldehydes-rose-dry green (labdanum?),mmmm oakmoss, sandalwood-cedar-honey/civet. Very nice development on skin, I love fragrances that evolve.

...approaching the finish line....
    Iterji Adghal: Goats, roses, 12 hours later, smooth and sweet.
    Amouage tribute attars:
    Red box: Smoky (cigar), rose, wood, sweeter drydown than black box
    Black box: Smoky (cigarette..like, crazy smoky), rose, with incense and salty skin dry down.
    Amouage homage: Fresh citrus rose, ylang ylang, white floral almost, am I hallucinating gardenia? Orange blossom? Gorgeous, a very elegant scent. It reminds me of my Mom (can’t figure out how to insert heart emoji here)
    Amouage TRO: pure rose, just lovely

- - - Updated - - -

Sampling done, frags are on their way to HackerX!
    Thank you mixerscent for including me, and purecaramel, for guiding me through my first sample pass. I’m really excited to read other reviews and impressions of these fragrances!
    Last edited by sciencegirl; 6th October 2017 at 02:43 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I received the package from sciencegirl several days ago, and I've not had the chance to test anything until today, so I apologize for the members after me for delaying the process a little bit here.

Anyway, have to start off saying thank you to mixerscent of course, the true superstar among us, who gives us a rare opportunity to explore some of the rarest scents, I deeply appreciate you dedicate your time to make such wonderful samples!

And thanks to sciencegirl for delivering the package to me.

Truth be told, this actually came to me at an unfortunate time as I have an extremely harsh work schedule coming up, so I'm going to go through these quite quickly. I will start posting some impressions within the next few days, stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

So far I tested 5:

Vol de Nuit Vintage: soapy, woody and vanillic, actually less soapy than the current Vol de Nuit. This has aged quite well and is much more woody than expected. The vanilla really shines as the scent progesses. This is my favorite so far. Did it make my knees wobble? You bet!

Cuir de Russie 1950: aldehydic, leather, stale ashtray. It has the signature Chanel Aldehyde opening, but it quickly transforms to stale cigarettes, raw leather with a little bit of funk (civet), much less funky than I anticipated. In the far drydown reminds me a less rubbery and more animalic vintage Knize Ten.

Chanel No 19 Vintage: This is a very vetiver dominant fragrance on me which is a huge surprise. On me there is almost no florals, no powdery, just straight up earthy notes and vetiver, if they told me this was the grandfather of Terre d'Hermes I would have believed it.

Nombre Noire: Fruity sweet, but very light, can't make out much of it based on a small dab so far.

Ormonde Jayne Black Gold: Like Chanel OJ has this pink pepper signature to her perfumes, and in the opening of BG the pink pepper is definitely there, but it subsides and it becomes more floral and woody as the scent progresses, and at that point I really miss the pepper so I'm going to layer it with Isfarkand Extrait to see if it brings out the fresh and pepper notes.
    Last edited by HackerX; 14th October 2017 at 10:33 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post

Chanel No 19 Vintage: This is a very vetiver dominant fragrance on me which is a huge surprise. On me there is almost no florals, no powdery, just straight up earthy notes and vetiver, if they told me this was the grandfather of Terre d'Hermes I would have believed it.
    Wow, that's surprising. No iris at all? Now I'm even more eager to smell it.

Basenotes Plus

Sciencegirl
    Which would you say were your 5 favourites and why?

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Sciencegirl
    Which would you say were your 5 favourites and why?
    Ooo, it’s so hard to choose. Let me try...
    Chanel 19 - complex, rich, with nice moss and iris. So well blended.
    Vol de Nuit - I’m a sucker for classic Guerlain and am happy with the current formulations. This vintage felt so cohesive and deep, I guess because of the magic ingredients. The moss is super.
    Amouage Gold man - it was so complex, classy, and it evolved beautifully
    Ormonde Jayne black gold - another complex beauty...it was one of those ones where I didn’t even want to try to discern notes, I just wanted to bask in it.
    Godet Chypre - I really liked that fizzy opening!

Thank you for asking, Purecaramel! I’m curious - which were your top 5?

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Vol de Nuit - I’m a sucker for classic Guerlain and am happy with the current formulations. This vintage felt so cohesive and deep, I guess because of the magic ingredients. The moss is super.
    I'd like to try the Vol de Nuit.

Basenotes Plus

Ooo, it’s so hard to choose. Let me try...
    Chanel 19 - complex, rich, with nice moss and iris. So well blended.
    Amouage Gold man - it was so complex, classy, and it evolved beautifully
    Ormonde Jayne black gold - another complex beauty...it was one of those ones where I didn’t even want to try to discern notes, I just wanted to bask in it.
    Godet Chypre - I really liked that fizzy opening!

Thank you for asking, Purecaramel! I’m curious - which were your top 5?
    Chanel Cuir de Russie well, the animalics and the composition is just Epic.
    Amouage Rose TRO This Rose had me feel like I was falling backwards into Paradise. Eye Roller.
    Vol de Nuit. Contemporary in this is one of my faves. In Vintage it's the Moss that puts this into Masterpiece territory pour moi.
    OJ Black Gold The Orange Zabaglione grabs me and it's movement I find Symphonic.
    Elie Saab Vetiver I really admire the Polish and elegance of this.
    Satori Iris Homme leaning into this reveals a masterful balance and angular architecture. Art.

These are the ones, that if I was flush, would snap up first.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 19th October 2017 at 04:34 AM.

Received the package today.
    I didn’t realized there are so many samples to test! Little bottles are so cute and they emanate beautifull smell.
    Thank you Mixerscent for giving us the opportunity to explore some rare and expensive scents.

Since I am a fan of the house of Amouage, I started my testing journey with Tribute – red box 1st batch.
    Here is my impression:

Quite challenging smoky opening - frankincense and tobacco giving a cigarette smoke accord in the first minutes.
    As it develops, the smoke mellows down and it warms up with soft leather, but still too dry for my liking. I do not smell any roses or spices. No sweetness at all.
    Interesting, rather masculine than unisex.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    Received the package today.
    I didn’t realized there are so many samples to test! Little bottles are so cute and they emanate beautifull smell.
    Thank you Mixerscent for giving us the opportunity to explore some rare and expensive scents.

Since I am a fan of the house of Amouage, I started my testing journey with Tribute – red box 1st batch.
    Here is my impression:

Quite challenging smoky opening - frankincense and tobacco giving a cigarette smoke accord in the first minutes.
    As it develops, the smoke mellows down and it warms up with soft leather, but still too dry for my liking. I do not smell any roses or spices. No sweetness at all.
    Interesting, rather masculine than unisex.
    Yoshimi,
    I am not surprised by your reaction to this.
    It revealed itself to me as something that would tickle the spot in the Masculine.
    I expect that the other Attars will please you in their beauty
    I look forward to your views on the others.

I completely agree with the cigarette assessment! Also, very interesting that the frankincense and tobacco combine that way...I couldn’t figure it out, makes sense.

More thoughts on Amouges:

Amouage Rose TRO - sweet fresh rose. Very potent. Just a small amount is too much. For rose lovers only.

Amouage Vintage Lyric, Gold, Dia and Epic for men – In my collection, I own the recent magnetic cap of all of them and I could compare them against the vintage versions. There are a lot of discussion about the reformulation and I think people are exaggerating the differences between vintage and new magnetic caps versions.
    However, I noticed that when I spray from a brand new bottle, the first 5-10 sprays seems bland, as like the scent doesn’t develop, but the perfume evolves in the bottle and after few weeks the smell changes for the better. My bottles have already gone through this “maceration” process and I can tell that the smell is almost identical to their respective vintage version. There is maybe a small difference in the first 1 or 2 minutes. The vintages opening are more rounded, more sparkly. But after the first minutes, they converge to the exactly the same smell and performance.

Gold Man has similar opening with the woman’s version but becomes too animalic in the drydown while the women’s remain floral all the way.
    While Lyric Woman is a woody rose, the Man’s version is fresh, powdery rose -angelica tickles my nose.
    Epic – man and women’s are spicy, but while the woman’s is a piney, resinous, spicy, the man’s version has some culinary spicy. Epic man is interesting, but I love the woman’s version more.
    I find Dia Man the most appealing to my nose. This is so well blended, classy, a true gentleman’s scent.

I like the way Amouage creates their scents, in pair, like a couple. Each pair shares some notes, have something in common. Even they are specific marketed for Man or Women, I find them unisex and men and women could wear any of them. Sadly, there are not many people crossing that line driven by marketing

Basenotes Plus

More thoughts on Amouges:

Amouage Rose TRO - sweet fresh rose. Very potent. Just a small amount is too much. For rose lovers only.

Amouage Vintage Lyric, Gold, Dia and Epic for men – In my collection, I own the recent magnetic cap of all of them and I could compare them against the vintage versions. There are a lot of discussion about the reformulation and I think people are exaggerating the differences between vintage and new magnetic caps versions.
    However, I noticed that when I spray from a brand new bottle, the first 5-10 sprays seems bland, as like the scent doesn’t develop, but the perfume evolves in the bottle and after few weeks the smell changes for the better. My bottles have already gone through this “maceration” process and I can tell that the smell is almost identical to their respective vintage version. There is maybe a small difference in the first 1 or 2 minutes. The vintages opening are more rounded, more sparkly. But after the first minutes, they converge to the exactly the same smell and performance.

Gold Man has similar opening with the woman’s version but becomes too animalic in the drydown while the women’s remain floral all the way.
    While Lyric Woman is a woody rose, the Man’s version is fresh, powdery rose -angelica tickles my nose.
    Epic – man and women’s are spicy, but while the woman’s is a piney, resinous, spicy, the man’s version has some culinary spicy. Epic man is interesting, but I love the woman’s version more.
    I find Dia Man the most appealing to my nose. This is so well blended, classy, a true gentleman’s scent.

I like the way Amouage creates their scents, in pair, like a couple. Each pair shares some notes, have something in common. Even they are specific marketed for Man or Women, I find them unisex and men and women could wear any of them. Sadly, there are not many people crossing that line driven by marketing
    Thank-you Yoshimi,
    Wonderful to hear your thoughts on "maceration". I, like you, like the pairings and have found that with some of the Amouage, often the "Women's" scents, work well with my skin and in some cases are preferable. I think that more people on Basenotes are likely to cross line, than the general public. Many may not be vocal about. Marketing does has an effect. I found with Lyric Man, that it's composition strikes me as Strongly Feminine and may find Lyric Woman better suits my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Thank-you Yoshimi,
    Wonderful to hear your thoughts on "maceration". I, like you, like the pairings and have found that with some of the Amouage, often the "Women's" scents, work well with my skin and in some cases are preferable. I think that more people on Basenotes are likely to cross line, than the general public. Many may not be vocal about. Marketing does has an effect. I found with Lyric Man, that it's composition strikes me as Strongly Feminine and may find Lyric Woman better suits my tastes.
    Purecaramel,

I am glad you like Lyric Woman. I also believe that Lyric Woman would be wonderful on a man. Hopefully more Basenotes members will dare to wear and talk about Woman’s releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Shiseido – Nombre Noir –As perfume of the 80’s, I was expected a loud aldehydic floral, so I was surprised to find a quiet, close to the skin scent. To my nose id a dry rose-apricot-woody scent. There is something that gives a dry, classy lipstick feel.

Coty Emeraude – Parfum – 1950s
    I never tried Emeraude until now. Straight from the beginning, very close to Shalimar, almost identical opening. Emeraude was released in 1921 while Shalimar in 1925.
    Warm, soft and dense and strong. At some point become more lighter, greener than Shalimar. I love this one.

Godet - Chypre – Tried in the same time with Emeraude, on the other arm. This was so pale, somehow sour. Not vey impressed.
    Godet – Petite Fleur Bleue – starts as a distant cousin of Heure Bleue. Drydown soapy, indolic, to my nose, very, very similar to Gold Man.
    Godet – Cuir de Russie – dry petroleum leather, light flowery, aristocratic feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Vol de Nuit – parfum – Never had the opportunity to test it until now. This a nostalgic scent of a long-time ago era. I did not even try to detect individual notes, because they are so well blended into the most beautiful powdery perfume I ever smelled. I imagine the beautiful Jane Seymour in “Somewhere in time” wearing Vol de Nuit. I would like to have it in my collection.

Amouage Homage – magical fragrance. Airy, crispy, zesty jasmine-rose oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, I’ve wake up with a bad cold and now I completely lost my sense of smell. I will end my testing experience here and will pass the samples to the next member in the list.
    Last edited by yoshimi; 31st October 2017 at 09:01 PM.

Always be smelling

Got it.
    And I just opened one at random.
    Epic Man.
    Holy shit. This must have been reformulated cause I don't remember smelling this at Meetup.
    Any info on reformulation?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Got it.
    Epic Man.
    Holy shit. This must have been reformulated cause I don't remember smelling this at Meetup.
    Yoshimi mentions in post #51 above that it seemed the same as the current formulation. Not your experience, apparently.

Basenotes Plus

Got it.
    Epic Man.
    Mixerscent indicates that the travelling sample is from the first couple of years of production. I'll have to get a sample of the latest to sniff!

Got it.
    Epic Man.
    Yep, nice isn't it

this is one of the first editions, the batch code is 9663.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    Yep, nice isn't it

this is one of the first editions, the batch code is 9663.
    It definitely has oud very much like Iterji's oud (not sure if real or Black Agar). But unfortunately the notes don't last long.
    Start is very similar to Smalto PH vintage (smoke, leather ,aromatics) but then Epic takes a more modern turn - pepper ,cardamon and oud.
    I like it and wish longevity was better

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++
    Now on to Ormondo Jayne's

Black Gold:

I love this and this is what I had written when I tried it last year.

It is a great frag. One of the best I have tried. I was sceptical especially at the price point it is at, but after trying I can understand.
    The closest fragrance that I can think of is Jubilation XXV. Black Gold is a much better version of it.
    The progression is great citrus top, floral mid and sandalwood / oud base. It has the OJ signature (pepper, juniper..).
    I would give it 5 stars but the price is way too much for most of us to buy a bottle.

I still agree with this review and I wish i could buy this

- - - Updated - - -

Tribute Attar:

I was looking forward to this. I think my expectations were way too high as this did not meet them.
    Smoke and cedar. But unlike others with this profile Tribute manages to avoid the dryness. And after a while rose shows up.
    A very well constructed attar but I do not feel the urge to wear it. No chemistry with me.

Eli Saab:

- - - Updated - - -

Elie Saab: neroli

A well constructed orange blossom fragrance with some musk. Simple comfort like mac and cheese.

- - - Updated - - -

Habit Rouge EDC:

Someone mentioned that EDC are the best formulation of vintage Guerlain. And I agree.
    The Habit Rouge EDT (vintage and current) is just too headshoppy for me.
    EDC is much better balanced. Moss balances the incense (nagchampa) and you get a much more wearable masculine fragrance
    Last edited by epapsiou; 16th November 2017 at 01:55 AM.

Always be smelling

Lyric Man:

I find this , Epic and Jubilation closely related. Perhaps it is the Omani Frankincense and spices. I love this Amouage signature. But on the other hand I have Jubilation XXV (best of the lot) and seeking other 2 may be redundant. I wish they were cheaper

- - - Updated - - -

Gold Man-Khanjar:

Very similar to Joy that I wore a few days ago. I wonder what the feminine version smells like. Can't get more floral . DOn't get incense

- - - Updated - - -

Amouage Rose TRO:

It is Amouage. It is Attar. it is Rose. What else can I add. I am sucker for roses and this is one of the best.
    Last edited by epapsiou; 20th November 2017 at 03:33 PM.

Always be smelling

Parfum Satori Iris Homme:

A very nice iris. Much better iris than that Dior Homme line.
    The Iris is supported by citrus up top and dry spices.
    For someone looking for Masculine Iris, this is a must try.

- - - Updated - - -

Iterji Adghal:

A nice rose oud combo. Oud is not barnyardy but woody with little animalics. No complains but then nothing unique. Well done but in this crowded space Iterji needs to do something different to stand out.