Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Mixerscent Attar and deep Vintage Sample Pass

I largely agree with your Amouage smelling notes, and I agree about the base of Jubilation XXV.

Gold Man, which is my favorite of those, really does smell typically feminine for something marketed to men.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I largely agree with your Amouage smelling notes, and I agree about the base of Jubilation XXV.
    Isn't it awful? Such a terrible corruption of an otherwise lovely scent.

Gold Man, which is my favorite of those, really does smell typically feminine for something marketed to men.
    It sure does. I think of the "Man" batch, my favorite was Epic. I liked the way the spices were handled.

Ha! I see you're wearing Agent Provocateur. Were you prompted by my poking you about it another thread today? (I don't actually "blame" you for that -- I just got carried away by your enthusiasm in the rose pass. I should have known a rose/saffron scent wasn't for me!)

Basenotes Plus

I'm packing up the pass box and getting ready to ship to Cheetah1919, have PM'd for address.

I still have to organize and type up my notes on the Godets and four remaining Amouages; will get that done this week.

EDIT: Cheetah1919 just informed me that he's going to be travelling and must bow out of the pass, so I'm now contacting Sniffers to see if that's where the package is going next.
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 4th June 2018 at 08:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus

first hings first...
    Purecaramel...thank you very much for starting this thread and coordinating things and being a fun member of this site...

Mixerscent...wow...thank you ever so much for your generosity and providing us with the opportunity to enjoy some awesome fragrances...

Cook.bot...thank you for getting this little treasure chest to me and pleasant communications...

allrighty then...let's cut to the chase...i opened the box and got a feeling like i was a little kid standing in a candy store on XMas eve and it also happened to be my Bday...wow...as i perused the offerings I decided to start off with the bag labeled Amouage, being as it's one of my 3 favorite houses....( have more full bottles of Amouage than any other house )...sitting in a baggie all alone was a vial labeled Rose TRO Amouage, someone also wrote on the bag *Caution* Prior Leakage...

ROSE TRO...before i even opened the baggie I could smell rose...i took the vial out and set it on the table...clouds of rose just kept rolling over me...I even thought to myself, self, why even open the vial and put any on....I can smell it just fine now...well, of course that was just a passing thought...I proceeded to carefully apply some to the back of my hand and was enveloped in more clouds of rose...this is a powerhouse lovers dream...I can think of many fragrances I love that I wish projected like this...bottom line is that this is one of the most powerful , beautiful, and realistic rose fragrances I've ever smelled...pure rose in all it's glory with just a trace of slightly citrusy amber hanging in the distance to give it a little balance from crossing the line to too much pure rose...again, the projection is awesome...I put this on in the family room....stepped outside to sit on the patio for a few minutes and even outside with a gentle breeze going , I had no problem smelling this all around me...walked back inside and the whole room smelled like there were roses sitting all throughout the room...oh...one last strange thing...at one point, when I smelled my fingers that were handling the vial, they smelled like rose leaves and not the flower...ok..i'm done rambling....hope to sample another item tomorow night and post it....have a great weekend everyone and a Happy Father's day to all you dads out there....
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffers View Post
    ROSE TRO . . . this is one of the most powerful, beautiful, and realistic rose fragrances I've ever smelled
    Great notes on your first sample. That one is a beauty. What are your other two favorites houses?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Great notes on your first sample. That one is a beauty. What are your other two favorites houses?
    thanks for the compliment...kind of embarrassed to say, due to the fact that these 2 houses seem to get slammed by a lot of members, but my other 2 favorite houses are Xerjoff and Boadicea. I think part of it is that they are another 2 houses that have a huge selection, so even though there are a lot of fragrances in their line up I don't care for at all, i find that there's a lot from both houses that I do own or want to own...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I think there might have been some additional leakage, since the tape that IsoE applied to the bottle feels oily/damp, and just touching it has left a lot of rose scent on my fingers. I think the small amount left should be saved for those who appreciate roses more than I do, so I'm just going to re-tape the bottle with pipe thread tape and save it for the next pass participants. (If the trace scent on my fingers is any indication, this is a photorealistic rose that will please others more than it does me.)
    Sounds like I made the right call --

Quote Originally Posted by sniffers
    ROSE TRO...this is one of the most powerful , beautiful, and realistic rose fragrances I've ever smelled...pure rose in all it's glory with just a trace of slightly citrusy amber hanging in the distance to give it a little balance from crossing the line to too much pure rose...
    ...sitting in a baggie all alone was a vial labeled Rose TRO Amouage, someone also wrote on the bag *Caution* Prior Leakage...
    Yeah, that was me. I probably should have mentioned that I repackaged everything in new zip bags, grouping them by houses, because I was a little worried about leakage after the Rose TRO incident.

Glad you enjoyed it so much, Sniffers, and hope you have equally good luck with the rest!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffers View Post
    first hings first...
    Purecaramel...thank you very much for starting this thread and coordinating things and being a fun member of this site...

Mixerscent...wow...thank you ever so much for your generosity and providing us with the opportunity to enjoy some awesome fragrances...

Cook.bot...thank you for getting this little treasure chest to me and pleasant communications...

allrighty then...let's cut to the chase...i opened the box and got a feeling like i was a little kid standing in a candy store on XMas eve and it also happened to be my Bday...wow...as i perused the offerings I decided to start off with the bag labeled Amouage, being as it's one of my 3 favorite houses....( have more full bottles of Amouage than any other house )...sitting in a baggie all alone was a vial labeled Rose TRO Amouage, someone also wrote on the bag *Caution* Prior Leakage...

ROSE TRO...before i even opened the baggie I could smell rose...i took the vial out and set it on the table...clouds of rose just kept rolling over me...I even thought to myself, self, why even open the vial and put any on....I can smell it just fine now...well, of course that was just a passing thought...I proceeded to carefully apply some to the back of my hand and was enveloped in more clouds of rose...this is a powerhouse lovers dream...I can think of many fragrances I love that I wish projected like this...bottom line is that this is one of the most powerful , beautiful, and realistic rose fragrances I've ever smelled...pure rose in all it's glory with just a trace of slightly citrusy amber hanging in the distance to give it a little balance from crossing the line to too much pure rose...again, the projection is awesome...I put this on in the family room....stepped outside to sit on the patio for a few minutes and even outside with a gentle breeze going , I had no problem smelling this all around me...walked back inside and the whole room smelled like there were roses sitting all throughout the room...oh...one last strange thing...at one point, when I smelled my fingers that were handling the vial, they smelled like rose leaves and not the flower...ok..i'm done rambling....hope to sample another item tomorow night and post it....have a great weekend everyone and a Happy Father's day to all you dads out there....
    Happy Birthday to Sniffers!
    Fabulous notes on the TRO.
    Amouage seems to have taken a Rose Otto,already extraordinary and coaxed it into something so very, Ethereal.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Ho Hang by Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

Well...Tonite I reached into the Amouage bag once more and , at random , would up pulling out Red Box Tribute 1st Batch...again, Mixerscent , thank you so much for your generosity...I kid you not , there's enough still left in this vial for at least 30 more people to get a good sampling of this...

Amouage Tribute Red Box 1st batch....This has so many things I love in a fragrance hitting my nose right from the start...I get the dirty and smoky orange rind that some people mention , but it lurks behind other facets...for me to get some enjoyment from that note i have to take a slow deep inhale and pause to catch on to it...dark/brooding/gothic/smoky are some of the descriptors that come to mind...an overall animalic feel...no civet or castoreum or anything along those lines...more of just an overall sense of wild feral animals roaming a dark wood with an ocassional wild rose blooming here and there...deep/rich/dark tobacco leaves...leather is there too...there's seems to be a lot of people out there that put this fragrance up on a pedestal, call it an oriental masterpiece and claim they found their holy grail...well, I have to say , I understand where they are coming from cause I'm on board with that...one of the most awesome fragrances I've ever smelled...get some great wood tones as it dries down...and, it goes without saying, this has a tremendous sprinkling of incense throughout...another one for my wish list... ( I do have a small decant what I believe was the most current version )...not a harsh smoke in this to my nose...more of a sweet smoke...IMHO , I think that Myths Man and Interlude Man are a sort of offshoot of this blueprint....mysterious deep dark rich smoky orientals...but that's just me...oh, and overall...this was definitely a incense/tobacco/leather scent to my nose...the rose did not really stand out for me...it's there, but not a key player to me..

Hope everyone had a great weekend and all the dads had a tremendous Father's Day...Namaste...

Basenotes Plus

Continuing my journey through the wonderful world of Amouage...tonite I wound up pulling out Dia Man - Knanjar

Dia Man Khanjar...I've had the opportunity to smell 3 different formulations of Dia...the current magnetic cap, the pre-magnetic cap version, and now , the old Khangar bottle version...to me, this is Amouage's most polite and laid back scent...the scent profile seems to say the same , but it seems to get progressively weaker as it goes along the years...the Khanjar version is definitely somewhat juicier and richer than the current version...a shame that in all 3 versions the projection and longevity are poor, because I do find this to be a very attractive scent and gives me much pleasure smelling it...I can understand comments that I've read comparing this in various ways to XXV...there's the incense, the flowers, the flavor of rich fruits and citruses...and there is a vague resemblance in the overall smell of the 2 fragrances...to me though , XXV is a true oriental , whereas Dia strikes me more as a quasi-oriental with a Western edge...I think if there was a designer scent at a decent price that smelled like this, it would be a smash hit with the general public...a gentleman's scent...

good night...time to go finish binging the latest season of Supernatural....

Basenotes Plus

Really good notes, Sniffers. You're like the perfect test subject for these old Amouages.

I just took a peek at your wardrobe, and wow, that's a lot of Amouage!