Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: The Murky Matter of Musk

Excellent journalism! Made my morning. Keep 'em coming Claire!
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP 25%: Al Oudh, Azzaro pH, Basala, Bel Ami, Black Afgano, Blackbird, Blend 30, Bull's Blood, Chaps Original, Cuba, DK Men - Fuel, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Elsha 1776, Equipage, Eau d' Hermes, Egoiste Cologne Concentree, Fetish pH, Fougere Royal reissue, Genghis Khan, Green Water, Havana, Jules, Kiehl's Musk, Knize Ten, Kouros, L'Homme Sage, Leather Oud, Loewe pH, Monogram, Montecristo, Musc Ravageur, Olibanum, Perry Ellis for Men Original, Piper Nigrum, Polo, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Santalum, Sandalo (Villoresi), Tea for Two, Tribute Attar, Ungaro II, Versace l'homme, Yatagan, YSL pH
    Currently wearing: Sultan by Al Rehab

looks like someone is a little defensive about declaring that Russian-sourced musk is presumptively legit.

implausible, but a particularly tough sell for a crowd who generally wouldn't even buy a designer fragrances from Russian-based ebay sellers.

I hope readers slogged through to the reviews -- the best part.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    looks like someone is a little defensive about declaring that Russian-sourced musk is presumptively legit.

implausible, but a particularly tough sell for a crowd who generally wouldn't even buy a designer fragrances from Russian-based ebay sellers.

I hope readers slogged through to the reviews -- the best part.
    I hope that readers choose to read through the superb reviews and the banter following. As a whole, it holds the exercises necessary to understand the views of others and further, to assist in the development of critical, listening, reading and thinking skills.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 8th September 2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Excellent article Claire! Quick question, does Abdullah of beautiful scents have a website?

Thanks MzM - yes, he does, it's his eBay page here: https://www.ebay.ie/sch/themostbeaut...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Having tested much of his work, I can really recommend his attars that focus on roses, vetiver, musk, and green/jungle ouds. Enjoy!
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Thanks MzM - yes, he does, it's his eBay page here: https://www.ebay.ie/sch/themostbeaut...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Having tested much of his work, I can really recommend his attars that focus on roses, vetiver, musk, and green/jungle ouds. Enjoy!
    appreciate the link :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire, thank you so much for contributing such a fantastic write up to basenotes. You are such an asset to the fragrance community!

Thanks for the great article, Claire!
    Currently wearing: Ubar Woman by Amouage

Thank you Kiliwia, Ryan, and DuNezDeBuzier!
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Thank you for this extremely detailed and informative article. I also appreciate you pointing out the hypocritical stance of those who decry the use of real musk because of animal cruelty while at the same time consuming farmed animal products and fish.

Thank you very much for this morning's read!

Holy shit Claire! What a fantastic piece of writing. I particularly enjoyed your description of the Bruno Acampora musc. This is one of my all time favourite scents and one which I've always struggled to put into words as I find it maddeningly dirty and clean at the same time. Thank you so much and keep up the good work, Duncan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dunkybase View Post
    Holy shit Claire! What a fantastic piece of writing. I particularly enjoyed your description of the Bruno Acampora musc. This is one of my all time favourite scents and one which I've always struggled to put into words as I find it maddeningly dirty and clean at the same time. Thank you so much and keep up the good work, Duncan
    I adore this scent, and was VERY sad to have my husband claim it smelled exactly like Comet(!)
    Currently wearing: Musc by Bruno Acampora

Thank you very much, Cazaubon, Duncan, and Therese! You know, when anyone says Holy Shit to me, I always think of Holy Shit, the perfume by Pekji perfumes - have any of you tried this one? It's very, very dirty, as well as smoky and dry, like a dirt-encrusted leather jacket thrown on a campfire, with a side of wet, sulfurous cow pat for good measure. Then it dries down into a rich, musky leather and resin scent. I love Mick Trick's review of it for Basenotes:

It's all musty catacombs, dust covered remains of resinous altar offerings, smoke impregnated cassocks and sweat infused leathers, pain followed by ecstatic howls and mewling. A light slightly damp movement of air from adjoining tunnels is slightly cooling but unrefreshing. This is what I wanted 1740 Marquis de Sade to be. It's creepy, liturgical, and a little scary, but in parallel possesses a kinky charm that beguiles.
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread