Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: The Murky Matter of Musk

Excellent journalism! Made my morning. Keep 'em coming Claire!
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP 25%: Al Oudh, Azzaro pH, Basala, Bel Ami, Black Afgano, Blackbird, Blend 30, Bull's Blood, Chaps Original, Cuba, DK Men - Fuel, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Elsha 1776, Equipage, Eau d' Hermes, Egoiste Cologne Concentree, Fetish pH, Fougere Royal reissue, Genghis Khan, Green Water, Havana, Jules, Kiehl's Musk, Knize Ten, Kouros, L'Homme Sage, Leather Oud, Loewe pH, Monogram, Montecristo, Musc Ravageur, Olibanum, Perry Ellis for Men Original, Piper Nigrum, Polo, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Santalum, Sandalo (Villoresi), Tea for Two, Tribute Attar, Ungaro II, Versace l'homme, Yatagan, YSL pH

looks like someone is a little defensive about declaring that Russian-sourced musk is presumptively legit.

implausible, but a particularly tough sell for a crowd who generally wouldn't even buy a designer fragrances from Russian-based ebay sellers.

I hope readers slogged through to the reviews -- the best part.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    looks like someone is a little defensive about declaring that Russian-sourced musk is presumptively legit.

implausible, but a particularly tough sell for a crowd who generally wouldn't even buy a designer fragrances from Russian-based ebay sellers.

I hope readers slogged through to the reviews -- the best part.
    I hope that readers choose to read through the superb reviews and the banter following. As a whole, it holds the exercises necessary to understand the views of others and further, to assist in the development of critical, listening, reading and thinking skills.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 8th September 2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Excellent article Claire! Quick question, does Abdullah of beautiful scents have a website?

Thanks MzM - yes, he does, it's his eBay page here: https://www.ebay.ie/sch/themostbeaut...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Having tested much of his work, I can really recommend his attars that focus on roses, vetiver, musk, and green/jungle ouds. Enjoy!
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Thanks MzM - yes, he does, it's his eBay page here: https://www.ebay.ie/sch/themostbeaut...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Having tested much of his work, I can really recommend his attars that focus on roses, vetiver, musk, and green/jungle ouds. Enjoy!
    appreciate the link :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire, thank you so much for contributing such a fantastic write up to basenotes. You are such an asset to the fragrance community!

Thanks for the great article, Claire!

Thank you Kiliwia, Ryan, and DuNezDeBuzier!
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Thank you for this extremely detailed and informative article. I also appreciate you pointing out the hypocritical stance of those who decry the use of real musk because of animal cruelty while at the same time consuming farmed animal products and fish.

Thank you very much for this morning's read!

+ Reply to Thread