Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why is Dior Homme Sport (2017 formulation, I guess) selling for next to nothing?

I just noticed new 50 ml bottles of it on ebay for less than $17 total, so I'm wondering if anyone knows something I don't (or are they likely fake). Thanks.

Default Re: Why is Dior Homme Sport (2017 formulation, I guess) selling for next to nothing?

Impossible. Where?
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Default Re: Why is Dior Homme Sport (2017 formulation, I guess) selling for next to nothing?

I see it. Not sure what the deal is but the seller has the eBay money back guarantee. For that cheap it does not seem much of a risk IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I see it. Not sure what the deal is but the seller has the eBay money back guarantee. For that cheap it does not seem much of a risk IMO

I thought it might be that the 2017 formulation was really bad! LOL.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    For that cheap it does not seem much of a risk IMO
    Nope. Very good price indeed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I thought it might be that the 2017 formulation was really bad! LOL.
    Lol! That's a logical concern. The formula is fine. I'd be curious how the stock was obtained, stored and handled.

50ml??? I thought the 2017 sizes were 75ml and 125ml....

Quote Originally Posted by XentMaster View Post
    50ml??? I thought the 2017 sizes were 75ml and 125ml....
    Perhaps it's the 2012 then?

^If you're not allowed to provide a link(?), then just provide a picture of the bottle(s).
    Huh, expected the Rocky mountains to be a little rockier than this...

Wow, I see it, thanks for the tip. Tempting as a fresh workhorse for the office.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Perhaps it's the 2012 then?
    I think I see the post on E-bay your referring to, it does appear to be the 2012, post seems legit. Worth a try and you'd be protected through E-bay....

Just bought one. I'll let you guys know if it's legit.

Thanks for the heads up OP

$17 for the 2017 version sounds about right, a dollar for every minute it lasts
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. MFK Baccarat Rouge 540 /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One EDP
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Sleek Suede / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Layton
    10. Code Ice / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Erba Pura
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Oajan

Quote Originally Posted by CKD2 View Post
    Just bought one. I'll let you guys know if it's legit.

Thanks for the heads up OP
    I've already got the original (and hardly ever wear it), so I was just curious if there was more to the story (perhaps a major perfume store closed?), but please let us know how things turn out!

wow cheap had to get it. especially since the 2017 is a lot worse than 2012

Not a fan of the Sport but I sniffed out Dior Homme Cologne 2013 over the weekend and I might need to get this one. Soooo fresh without being aquatic at all. It's like they removed the annoying woody accord from Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Definitely buying that one once my Sauvage or Invictus Aqua bottles run out.

I took the bait and bought one from one of these sellers. It was $16.99 with free shipping. I received it today, and after a couple sprays I am fairly certain it is a legitimate product. I am contemplating buying another one or two bottles. I'm going to wear it for a couple days before I reach a final conclusion, however.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    I took the bait and bought one from one of these sellers. It was $16.99 with free shipping. I received it today, and after a couple sprays I am fairly certain it is a legitimate product. I am contemplating buying another one or two bottles. I'm going to wear it for a couple days before I reach a final conclusion, however.
    Are you referring to the ones that are unboxed?

Wow. There's a bunch of these all over ranging from $18--$40 for the 100ml. None of them have boxes. I don't know....seems strange to me. I have enough cologne, I don't need to buy another and have some suspicious bottle I'm never going to feel 100% about hanging around. Because that's what will happen--I'll buy it and it will just kind of sit there because I'm going to feel off about it.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 10th September 2017 at 02:29 AM.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Thanks for guinea-pigging it and reporting back! Did you go for a 50ml? Are you fairly certain of its legitimacy because you've previously smelled Dior Homme Sport and it both looks and smells like the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Are you referring to the ones that are unboxed?

Wow. There's a bunch of these all over ranging from $18--$40 for the 100ml. None of them have boxes. I don't know....seems strange to me. I have enough cologne, I don't need to buy another and have some suspicious bottle I'm never going to feel 100% about hanging around. Because that's what will happen--I'll buy it and it will just kind of sit there because I'm going to feel off about it.
    If I'm not mistaken, that cannot be the 2017 formula. They were released in 50, 75, and 125ml, not 100ml AFAIK. Either way, $18 is a great price for the 2012.
    Currently wearing: Cologne 352 by Ex Nihilo

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Thanks for guinea-pigging it and reporting back! Did you go for a 50ml? Are you fairly certain of its legitimacy because you've previously smelled Dior Homme Sport and it both looks and smells like the real thing?

If I'm not mistaken, that cannot be the 2017 formula. They were released in 50, 75, and 125ml, not 100ml AFAIK. Either way, $18 is a great price for the 2012.
    Right. It's gotta be the 2012 (which is actually better!). I just don't know about these things. Did they fall off a truck? Making room for new stock? Maybe they were display bottles of some kind (hence the "no box" for all of them). There's even one that says, "chipped bottle" and there are like 25 available or something. 25? Are all of them chipped? It's weird.

Right. It's gotta be the 2012 (which is actually better!). I just don't know about these things. Did they fall off a truck? Making room for new stock? Maybe they were display bottles of some kind (hence the "no box" for all of them). There's even one that says, "chipped bottle" and there are like 25 available or something. 25? Are all of them chipped? It's weird.
    Perhaps someone was made an offer he couldn't refuse! LOL.

It's definitely weird! A while back there was a slew of Atelier Cologne bottles that literally looked like the fell off a truck, or rather into one that happened to be carrying sodium hydroxide. All the labels looked like they were in a chemical fire or something. But yeah, 25 chipped bottles is suspect, but anything is possible I guess. I'm with you, even if they're the real McCoy, I'd have something in the back of my mind nagging me. A single chipped specimen for super cheap, that wouldn't raise any flags. A few dozen on the other hand, does.

2012 is the only one I haven't smelled, but from what I recall of the 2008, the 2017 smelled fairly similar...but there was years long lapse in between, I didn't do a side-by-side with them or anything.

It is a 50 ml bottle of the 2012 Dior Homme Sport. I have never owned a bottle of this, but did have a 2008 version when it was new. I just looked this bottle over really well, compared it to legit ones online and looked over some of the details in comparison to my Dior Sauvage and Aqua Fahrenheit bottles.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Perhaps someone was made an offer he couldn't refuse! LOL.

Seems like it!

It is a 50 ml bottle of the 2012 Dior Homme Sport. I have never owned a bottle of this, but did have a 2008 version when it was new. I just looked this bottle over really well, compared it to legit ones online and looked over some of the details in comparison to my Dior Sauvage and Aqua Fahrenheit bottles.
    Thanks for the reply. My guy is telling me you know your stuff and it is the real deal.

Yeah, I believe they're real too. I'm just very curious about their history. Where did these come from? Honestly, if I didn't already have a few backups of 2008, and one of 2012, I'd give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you're out $20 (and then you just throw it back up on eBay anyway, am I right? )

It's more likely some are chipped and they just say chipped in case you get one of the few that are chipped. Otherwise, you'll be pleased that it's in better shape than described.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    I'm on the interwebs. And you are too? What a coinkydink!
    Blog Entries

The fact that it's 50ml should be an obvious clue it's not the 2017 formulation. 100ml isn't 2017 either, since it doesn't come in that size.

I'm surprised to see somebody dumping the older version. I'd expect the value of those bottles to rise once they become harder to find.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Petit Matin
    Lumiere Noire
    Bergamote Soleil
    1725 Casanova
    Noir De Noir
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man

Dependent

Did it go up in price and is it the unboxed one?

I purchased 3 and received them yesterday. 100 % authentic. If you go to seller's ebay store y'all will see that he has a bunch of unbox Dior products.