Code of Conduct

Default Frankincense in an Electric Burner

I am now waiting on delivery of an electric burner from Mermade Magickal Arts. I am really looking to trying this new (to me) method of scenting my home.

But I was hoping to get some advice. the burner I ordered comes with a heat control. Can anyone advise me on the best setting for heating frankincense?

I don't need exact temperatures, just something on the lines of "high, medium, low" would be much appreciated.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Default Re: Frankincense in an Electric Burner

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    I am now waiting on delivery of an electric burner from Mermade Magickal Arts. I am really looking to trying this new (to me) method of scenting my home.

But I was hoping to get some advice. the burner I ordered comes with a heat control. Can anyone advise me on the best setting for heating frankincense?

I don't need exact temperatures, just something on the lines of "high, medium, low" would be much appreciated.

Just wondering, how has that burner worked out for you?

(Aqua di gio is pretty much my go to fragrance.)

I would be cautious using an electric burner with frankincense - the residue it leaves can be very hard to clean off.

I use some foil over the burner then add my resins, or yes it would be a mess

use foil, that's good, and put it on the low-to-medium setting, closer to medium than low, or right in the middle for a slow melt/burn. I have the same one from magicakal arts, but use an indian burner for my franincense and granular incense as it gets really hot, which is what i need.

I use an Indian bakhoor burner for my resins as well; I put a dimmer switch on mine so control temperature. Have you had an issue with the heating element burning out over time? Also, I am curious how Mermade Magickal Arts burner has held up over time.