Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Default incensey aromachemicals

hi guys
    I'm going to buy some aromachemicals soon... :-)
    I would buy also an incensey chemical... A dry and not a churchy incense ... Similar to air du desert Maroccain...
    like some of these sandalwood incenses sticks reminiscent of a travel in India... If you know what I mean.
    so a powerful but dry incense.
    any suggestion?
    thank you as usual
    Robert
    Currently wearing: Oud Palao by Diptyque

Default Re: incensey aromachemicals

Insence and sandalwood are different family of scent. The church of which religion?
    For sandalwood AC use search - there are plenty of them.

Serg has a good point in that incense is very different depending on which part of the world you are in, but for a dry frankincense note you might sample CO2 preparations of frankincense from different geographic sources to get the right note.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

ok
    I meant a chemical that should be very similar to boswellia serrata eo. This oil contains a lot of Alpha pinene... But also something very animalic. I am searching for this one. A dry but animalic and also sandalwood scent. I tried animalis... But it's not what I looked for...
    the perfect example is air du desert Marocain.
    I don't known if tauer uses a natural or a synthetic reconstruction...
    but I'm looking for a synthetic that is similar to this dry and spicy and light incense...in the sandalwood direction

Hmm, perhaps Copaiba balsam though I suspect a combination is what you'll need. Copaiba with a touch Ebanol and perhaps a shade of patchouli. Could be interesting though I suppose this will lack the pinene notes which would require the frankincense as well. Now you have an accord.

There is no single chemical that smells like Olibanum. That's why you use Olibanum.

Most (frank)incense perfumes I come across contain a notable dose of C12 MNA.
    As others have suggested though, if you want something incensey-sandalwoody-dry-spicy-animalic, you're going to need more than a single material (synthetic or otherwise).

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

ooooook!!!
    I had ebanol and infact this is very similar to the chemical I was searching for!
    maybe, as you say Adam, I could add a bit of patchouli for that camphoraceous hint...!
    so thank you!

You're welcome...just for grins I threw this together this AM before walking out the door and put it on a strip and it has potential. Hope it works out for you.

Copaiba balsam , as I understand, is mostly caryophylene, so it should have pepper, spicy scent. Or I'm wrong and it's incense? And another question- caryophylene is very volatile, but Copaiba listed as a base note at PA. What kind of dry out it has?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Ixygon View Post
    Copaiba balsam , as I understand, is mostly caryophylene, so it should have pepper, spicy scent. Or I'm wrong and it's incense? And another question- caryophylene is very volatile, but Copaiba listed as a base note at PA. What kind of dry out it has?
    Thanks.
    Yes, the peppery notes are relatively short-lived, and the dry out is soft, woody and slightly resinous. Not a high-impact material.