Code of Conduct

Default New Montale; Black Aoud Intense!

As seen on Montale Paris website: intense Black Aoud. Any one heard of it? Seems to be a layering scent? To combine with other Montale's.

Great scents, great feelings
    Last edited by SafeShave; 14th September 2017 at 05:47 AM.

Default Re: New Montale

nice. first, they watered it down. now, it's back as an intense version. mehh
    my 10 favorite fragrances (04 Juli 2017):
    - Epic Man (Amouage)
    - Blackpepper (Comme des Garcons)
    - Avignon (Comme des Garcons)
    - Luxe Patchouli (Comme des Garcons)
    - Aventus (Creed)
    - Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 (Dior)
    - Timbuktu (L'Artisan Parfumeur)
    - Aoud Leather (Montale)
    - Iris Silver Mist (Serge Lutens)
    - Patchouli Absolu (Tom Ford)

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

This was just presented/unveiled at the Pitti Fragranze Expo 2017 in Europe along with 5 new Manceras. Looking forward to purchasing them all.
    Last edited by hednic; 13th September 2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I spoke with a guy who sampled this at Pitti. It seems almost identical to normal BA and not as strong as the name would suggest.

This
    Quote Originally Posted by slickadam View Post
    nice. first, they watered it down. now, it's back as an intense version. mehh

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    I spoke with a guy who sampled this at Pitti. It seems almost identical to normal BA and not as strong as the name would suggest.
    Still will seek this out.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

SafeShave: can you had the name of the new Montale in the title of the thread?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Not a good thing!
    The So Iris Intense wasn't Intense at all!
    And Intense Cherry isn't Intense also!
    What is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This was just presented/unveiled at the Pitti Fragranze Expo 2017 in Europe along with 5 new Manceras. Looking forward to purchasing them all.
    Wich new Manceras?
    How are they called?
    Thank you!

Default Re: New Montale; Black Aoud Intense!

https://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Mancera.html

Black Vanilla
    Gold Aoud
    Pink Roses
    Purple Flowers
    Red Tobacco

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Wich new Manceras?
    How are they called?
    Thank you!
    new colorful collection by Mancera that includes 5 fragrances: Gold Aoud, Purple Flowers, Pink Roses, Black Vanilla and Red Tobacco.

new colorful collection by Mancera that includes 5 fragrances: Gold Aoud, Purple Flowers, Pink Roses, Black Vanilla and Red Tobacco.

Guess I have to go to Paris before the end of the year to check this out!
    I was not planning to, but after your post I have no other solution
    My mother thanks you hednic!
    She always travel with me to Paris!

edit: do you know any of the notes?

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Guess I have to go to Paris before the end of the year to check this out!
    I was not planning to, but after your post I have no other solution
    My mother thanks you hednic!
    She always travel with me to Paris!

edit: do you know any of the notes?
    Tell your mother she's welcome! I will be sending my business assistant soon to stop by the Montale boutique to check out availability! I have listed them separately on the General Fragrance and Womens Forums.
    Last edited by hednic; 14th September 2017 at 01:44 PM.

hednic I tried to pm you but it says you can't receive them or chose not to, never had that happen before haha

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad-a View Post
    hednic I tried to pm you but it says you can't receive them or chose not to, never had that happen before haha
    PM sent.

PM sent.
    I tried to reply but couldn't. Care to pm me your email?

I haven't actually smelled the new bottles, as I still have my older one (so I didn't know that it was ever watered down). Was about to say that the original has/had nuclear sillage and 24 hour+ longevity...I wouldn't be able to imagine an intense version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I haven't actually smelled the new bottles, as I still have my older one (so I didn't know that it was ever watered down).
    A lot of people felt that way, but I never experienced that personally. I only own the original.
    Last edited by hednic; 15th September 2017 at 09:27 PM.

My Black Aoud is from 2011, I think!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I have a bottle of Black Aoud from 2016 and have never had an issue with it being watered down. The stuff is still potent. It also smelled exactly like my sample I got years ago. I don't think I have a need for an intense version, but those Mancera bottles look nice. I'm interested in smelling them.