Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances with Nicotiana Tabacum (tobacco flower)

Interested in fragrances with a focus on Nicotiana Tabacum (tobacco flower) such as that found in Alt Innsbruck Cologne.

I know Boellis Panama has tobacco flower, but it also has too much vanilla.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Fragrances with Nicotiana Tabacum (tobacco flower)

i Profumi di Firenze Tabacco: "Discover the delights of the blonde Nicotiana flower from Umbria, with the perfect touch of Mysore sandalwood added for good measure. Mystical and esoteric, like a fine brandy, this woody unisex fragrance evokes the old world glamour of smoking jackets and cocktail gowns."

Personally owned this about a decade ago and found it to be one of the better tobacco-flower based scents.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

My favorite is Tobacco Flower (2003) by Fresh (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122740.html). Really nice fragrance.
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Tobacco Nuit has a strong tobacco blossom, if that's the same as tobacco flower.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Among the cheapies, maybe also CHH Tobacco, an extremely inexpensive, even bargain priced German aftershave which, in spite of being found in virtually any German Woolworth`s has some of the most realistic, "raw", tobacco flower notes on the market.

A favorite of mine is Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

I hesitate to even mention this one to you because it is all but impossible to find now, but the tobacco flower fragrance that will always stand out to me is one that Tommy Bahama came out with a few years ago (Basenotes says in 2010).

The name of it is Vintage Paradise and it's one of my favorite citrus/tropical/island scents. It was only for sale for a few years and was not expensive. But its essence of coffee bean, tobacco flower and citrus notes was very unusual and unique. Other notes (according to Basenotes) included bergamot, orange blossom, honeysuckle and patchouli.

You still might be able to find a bottle (or small roll-on bottle) around a Tommy Bahama store, but most of them have been sent back and destroyed now. It has to be one of the most rare scents around. I don't think I have EVER seen it on eBay, for instance. But if you ever see one, grab it up!
    Basenotes sales: 18.21SweetTobacco, TiffanyforMenConcen, de Bachmakov, Atelier PomeloParadis & VetiverFatal, St James of London, TiffanyforMen mini, 17 CubaParis frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, ReyaneInsurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    A favorite of mine is Ralph Lauren Purple Label.
    I didn't know Purple Label had tobacco flower, but if so, I'll second it! Love Purple Label. It's like a more well rounded Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9, but not as linear as the Bond.
    Basenotes sales: 18.21SweetTobacco, TiffanyforMenConcen, de Bachmakov, Atelier PomeloParadis & VetiverFatal, St James of London, TiffanyforMen mini, 17 CubaParis frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, ReyaneInsurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Thank you all for the recommendations. Seems that a few are hard to find. This will make the chase as exciting as the catch.

Tabacco Toscano by Santa Maria Novella
    "Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once.
    A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth."
    -Diane Ackerman
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tobacco Nuit has a strong tobacco blossom, if that's the same as tobacco flower.
    I'm really intrigued to try this one, but unsure because of the cumin that's apparently quite dominant in this fragrance. How do you find it? My only Atelier Cologne experience is with their citrus range, but the premium lines look very interesting.
    "I learned to work the saxophone...I play just what I feel....Drink Scotch whiskey all night long....And die behind the wheel
    They got a name for the winners in the world...I want a name when I lose...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...Call me Deacon Blues"

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by EasyToAssemble View Post
    I'm really intrigued to try this one, but unsure because of the cumin that's apparently quite dominant in this fragrance. How do you find it?
    It's a nice woody oriental, but it does have a strong cumin note so that might be a negative for you if that note is troublesome.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

+1 on Tabacco by I Profumi di Firenze