Code of Conduct

Default Joop! Homme vs Montblanc Individuel

I keep hearing that Individuel is very much like Joop! Homme. I want to try MBI because I also hear that it ia great for cold weather, and is generally a good fragrance. My question is, does MBI really smell like Joop? I HATE that bitter hairspray opening of Joop. It was WAY too synthetic and feminine smelling. Almost like bug spray. The dry down wasn't terrible , but generally I did not like it.

I like they Legend line from MB, particularly Legend Spirit, but I feel that is a more warm weather scent.
    Please let me know you're thoughts, from those that own and wear Individuel. It is obviously a popular fragrance for a reason, but I don't want to buy a bottle a completely hate it. Sank you

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Joop! Homme vs Montblanc Individuel

Quote Originally Posted by garyg199 View Post
    My question is, does MBI really smell like Joop?
    Not to me, thankfully. Can't speak for others who might feel differently.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Well, okay, can you explain it and or compare it personally? I've of course read the reviews, but I'd like to hear an updated comparison or description.

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

MBI smells more like Creed OS than Joop! There is a similar vibe but I do not consider them the same. MBI is much more wearable than Joop! and just more "grown Up". It is much smoother and less harsh.

I used to love Joop!. Back in the 90's it was one of my favorites and probably bought at least 4 bottles. But nowadays (i'm 40 now) it just reminds me of being a kid and trying to chat up girls. It's very much a clubbing scent that you can maybe get away with if you are under 25 and are involved in the clubbing scene. Everytime I smell Joop! now it start to feel slightly drunk as I can't remember wearing and not being tanked up to the max.

MBI is way better. More subtle and grown up overall.
    Last edited by Man Of The World; 14th September 2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Currently wearing: Baraonda by Nasomatto

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Man Of The World View Post
    MBI smells more like Creed OS than Joop! There is a similar vibe but I do not consider them the same. MBI is much more wearable than Joop! and just more "grown Up". It is much smoother and less harsh.
    I like this comparison.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.