Code of Conduct

Default What are in Deoderant Stick versions of Fragrances?

For instance this Chrome By Azzaro For Men alcohol free Deodorant Stick :
    https://www.amazon.com/Chrome-Azzaro.../dp/B0012RTB50

Is this just a formulation of the original fragrance in a solid stick form or do they contain antiperspirant properties as well, similar products do mention antiperspirant but many like this Azzaro do not?
    Must....smell......Good!!!!

Default Re: What are in Deoderant Stick versions of Fragrances?

Bump, someone must know what is in these deodorant sticks?
    Must....smell......Good!!!!

Blog Entries

[...crickets...]

I prefer my deodorants unscented so this wouldn’t get a second glance. I figured every dedorant needs to have anti-perspirant properties to qualify as one? Why don’t you take one for the team, buy one of these and report back?
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

baux.jpg

It was one of the suggested products when I opened your link. I will buy one tomorrow and report back.
    I always wear unscented deodorants but this one is very tempting. I love Eau des Baux.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Generally speaking, the active ingredient in a deodorant stick is an antibacterial agent. So it will kill smells, but not sweat. Antiperspirants also contain an absorbant, like aluminum, which helps with sweat.

I've never seen a fragrance have a matching antiperspirant - they're more often deodorants.

Smellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Generally speaking, the active ingredient in a deodorant stick is an antibacterial agent. So it will kill smells, but not sweat. Antiperspirants also contain an absorbant, like aluminum, which helps with sweat.

I've never seen a fragrance have a matching antiperspirant - they're more often deodorants.
    So a perfumed deodorant will kill other smells, but not it's own perfume? That must be a tricky construction. I'll bet the perfume house is just buying somebody else's deodorant, and infusing it with their own scent. I too have never seen a perfume house put out an antiperspirant.

This sounds like a question for David Ruskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    So a perfumed deodorant will kill other smells, but not it's own perfume? That must be a tricky construction. I'll bet the perfume house is just buying somebody else's deodorant, and infusing it with their own scent. I too have never seen a perfume house put out an antiperspirant.

This sounds like a question for David Ruskin.
    A deodorant will kill the bacteria which feeds on your sweat and produces undesirable "B.O." smells, it does not inhibit the odors themselves.

Unless a designer deordorant stick says it is also an anti-perspirant stick, it will only be a deordorant stick without aluminium salts to stop perspiration. The only designer anti-perspirant stick I've come across is Oscar for Men.

The Theory.
    Part 1,.....You have a nice shower, scrubbing your underarms, and are ready to go out looking for girls or going on a date. You apply the deodorant stick to your underarms and go out. While being out you perspire under your arms, and the deodorant stick's ingredients stop the break down of bacteria for around four hours or so - that break down is what creates the bad smell under the armpits. Plus you smell nice under there with the scent.

Part 2......Because you are using a deodorant and not an antiperspirant, you are also exuding from your armpits pheromones - which may be helpful to you in achieving your desired objective.

The Practice.
    Beats me, I've always worn antiperspirants - though i have a pile of designer deodorant sticks that I got in gift sets.

Though last year when visting the USA for the first time, the anti-perspirants I was wearing and others that I bought there, all started itching my under arms quite badly. I bought two Donald Trump deodorant sticks there, and found that if I applied them first, and then the antiperspirants, that stopped the itching. So I've been using those deodorant sticks ever since, in conjunction with antiperspirants.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th October 2017 at 02:55 AM.