Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Harry's Razors...uh, no

Harry’s started selling in local stores here, so I picked up a razor and two blades for $9.88 (guess the retailer) recently. I have been looking for ways to reduce my shaving costs, and I don’t have time many mornings for a 15 minute DE shave.

Unlike the OP, I was very satisfied with Harry’s. Closer shave than the Gillette Mach3 and Fusion blades that I have been used to with similar irritation levels, no cuts or bruises, and at a price less than even warehouse club Gillette prices. Yup, I’m a happy customer. If the facial irritation remains low over the next week, I’m even going to donate every single one of my Gillette Fusion ProGlide blades that I only bought two months ago to a local homeless shelter.

Also of note: Harry’s recently started selling body wash and bar soap. I ordered some of the latter in a scent that sounds an awful lot like Terre d’Hermes. Check back in 2-3 weeks to see if one is now able to get a TdH soap without the Hermès price.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Vintage Dior Leather Oud for sale (US only)

Not a fan of Harry's, either. I recently started with a DE razor, which I like. Barbasol also makes some very good cartridge razors. I always feel, for some reason, that I need to slap on some aftershave after a DE shave--no bad thing!
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: 1770 by Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Not a fan of Harry's, either. I recently started with a DE razor, which I like. Barbasol also makes some very good cartridge razors. I always feel, for some reason, that I need to slap on some aftershave after a DE shave--no bad thing!
    I will add that the Barbasol razors are made by Dorco, the same Korean firm that supplies Dollar Shave Club and private labels for stores such as Kroger.

You can also buy the equivalent razors direct from Dorco USA for a little less than the private label equivalents. Many Dollar Shave Club users that like the razors then switch to buying factory direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Vintage Dior Leather Oud for sale (US only)