Code of Conduct

Default Mazzolari - batch code? Reformulation of Lui?

Hi Folks,

my bottle of Lui arrived yesterday. The presentation ist nice but leaves me confused. Does anybody know where batch codes can be found on Mazzolari bottles? It is obvious that there is non on the velvety box. Ingredient list is on a sticker on the foil that was wrapped around the box. But I can't find any code there. The bottle itself shows no code as well?

And second question, although it would fit better to the male's section (I did not want to create two threads, though):
    I bought a sample first, and I've fell in love, mainly because of the urinous strong civet note that was paired with this oldschoolish spicy patch scent along with musk and leather that contributes to the skanky yet sexy character. The sample I bought this month as well, so supposedly the bottle was not too old.
    But with the bottle I have received I only get patch, sandalwood and some spices. Nothing complex, nothing dirty, nothing sexy. Still nice but surely nothing that I would have spend so much money on. Fot that money I would rather have bought Classic Patchouli by Von Eusersdorff.
    Many of the bottles I have bought the past years showed an interesting effect: The first sprays often smelled weak and/or much different from what I have expected (either because I already known the scent or by the descriptions I've read from people whose noses I trust). But once some air went into these bottles they started to 'mature' and become better/closer to earlier batches I've known.
    I now wonder, could this be the case with Lui as well? But the total lack of any skank really leaves me hopeless. Or is anyone aware of a recent reformulation?
    Usually I would just wait and see myself if it changes to what I've fell in love with. But to be honest, if it would be due to a reformulation, this would be the first time I'd ever return a bottle of perfume because I am not satisfied with its smell.
    The synthetic perfume materials are supposed to enhance and support the use of natural raw materials, not to replace them, nor in any way to beat them off the market. The synthetic chemicals present a certain challenge to nature, and the perfumer can assist nature in her fight by utilizing the synthetic materials to the advantage of the natural raw materials. (S. Arctander)
    Currently wearing: Snuff by Elsa Schiaparelli

Default Re: Mazzolari - batch code? Reformulation of Lui?

I looked at my bottle and couldn't find any batch code anywhere either.

Strange about the lack of skank. In my bottle (3-4 years old) I don't detect anything urinous, but there's definitely a lot of skank - it's not just a patch and spices. As you say, the first few sprays can be a little off. But everything is possible with reformulations nowadays.

cacio

It's interesting that this house really doesn't seem to use batch codes. Thanks for your answer.

On Fragtantica someone PMed me a link to a thread on parfumo, where someone had a similar problem 3 years ago. Tester (used) smelled skanky, regular bottle cleaner and less powerful. This could be a hint that it does need time to mature. Unfortunetally he got no replies. Hm.
    The synthetic perfume materials are supposed to enhance and support the use of natural raw materials, not to replace them, nor in any way to beat them off the market. The synthetic chemicals present a certain challenge to nature, and the perfumer can assist nature in her fight by utilizing the synthetic materials to the advantage of the natural raw materials. (S. Arctander)

Quote Originally Posted by NebelGeÓst View Post
    It's interesting that this house really doesn't seem to use batch codes. Thanks for your answer.

On Fragtantica someone PMed me a link to a thread on parfumo, where someone had a similar problem 3 years ago. Tester (used) smelled skanky, regular bottle cleaner and less powerful. This could be a hint that it does need time to mature. Unfortunetally he got no replies. Hm.
    I was asking myself the same thing a few months ago. I still don't know for sure though. Lui without the animalic skank wouldn't be something I want to own. It should have that "big cat"-thing going on. I guess Tonquitone and Costus are playing some roles here.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/434...n-reformulated

Please do report back, if you find that it actually evolves after some time.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 23rd September 2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Currently wearing: …bŤne by Pierre Balmain

Thanks, the link was helpful as it seems that Roky is the one who started the mentioned thread on parfumo. And he kind of confirmed that it smelled better this year than back then when he has bought it. And mine is as light in color as he described it in 2013. So I won't return the bottle and try to be patient, till the skanky side of this fragrance comes on stage and the juice darkens. And I now need to add Civetone to my palet