Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member The Pokerghost's Avatar

Default I'm in Paris, anywhere I MUST go???

For fragrances, I mean. Didn't even think to ask til just now...
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: I'm in Paris, anywhere I MUST go???

Palais Royal, the Serge Lutens boutique instantly springs into mind. The only store of the brand and a design marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Palais Royal, the Serge Lutens boutique instantly springs into mind. The only store of the brand and a design marvel.
    Great suggestion! Fille en Aiguilles is one of my favorite frags, thanks!

I would probably spend a considerable amount of time and money at Guerlain.
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

Jovoy by the Place Vendome is the best multi brand niche store in Paris. Frederic Malle and Maison Francis Kurkdjian are both very close by, walking distance.

Thanks Duke Hunt and ScottW!

hednic would be a great source for this question.

I know if I was in Paris, I'd want to visit Soleil d'Or. They have some great prices, and I'd love to meet Sandy.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

My list?

Guerlain
    Hermes
    Caron
    Chanel
    Galeries Lafayette
    "That lover which is like fragrance
    Whose voice is as beautiful as Urdu.

She who hides in the flowers
    you can only find her from her fragrance."

"Chaiyya Chaiyya," from the film, "Dil Se."
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

Printemps and Jovoy would be my top picks for large range of scents.

JAR & Jovoy
    Printemps & Lafayette
    Lutens & Rosine
    Guerlain flagship
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

After Guerlain, I would go to Oriza L. Legrand in the second (18 Rue Saint-Augustin, 75002) and also to the Creed boutique and plead with them to sell me Bail de Genievre.
    Beer? The kids' new gear?
    Currently wearing: Devin by Aramis

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    JAR & Jovoy
    Printemps & Lafayette
    Lutens & Rosine
    Guerlain flagship
    These would be my picks, too.

Try Fragonard as well

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    hednic would be a great source for this question.

I know if I was in Paris, I'd want to visit Soleil d'Or. They have some great prices, and I'd love to meet Sandy.
    Unfortunately she's in Lille and not in Paris. Not close.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by The Pokerghost View Post
    For fragrances, I mean. Didn't even think to ask til just now...
    Everything you need is here with addresses and phone numbers: http://your-perfume-guide.com/paris/
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    you just stole my words.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

The proprietor of Jovoy is a class act and an amenable gentleman to boot. However, just my experience but the Creed Boutique near George V. was somewhat cold. Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    My list?

Guerlain
    Hermes
    Caron
    Chanel
    Galeries Lafayette
    This is a good list. Galleries Lafayette is gorgeous and worth seeing.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Unfortunately she's in Lille and not in Paris. Not close.
    That's what I get for stereotypically thinking of Paris when I think of fragrance places in France.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 28th September 2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

I would definitely go to the Parle Moi de Parfum store in Le Marais. Have fun!

Thanks so much, everyone! You've been a tremendous help!

If, after visiting the boutiques, your nose is still working, you could try the Grand Musée du Parfum on rue St-Honoré. I haven't been myself yet but it looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pokerghost View Post
    Great suggestion! Fille en Aiguilles is one of my favorite frags, thanks!
    I purchased my bottle of FeA at the Lutens boutique in PR last year. I'd love to go back with more money to spend.

Hello, i'm French AND Parisian, so here some of my suggestion :

I don't mention designer brand as you can find them anywhere. Anyway, if you want private lines from designers you can go to Les Grands Magasins (printemps at Haussmann, Les Galeries Lafayette or Le Bon Marché) --> Hermes, Dior, Guerlain, Tom Ford, Chanel, etc. + some others : Dyptique, L'artisan Parfumeur, Roos & Roos, Acqua di Parma, By Kilian, Byredo, Jo Malone, Laura Mercier, Comme des Garçons

- RECOMMANDED : Jovoy is great, as someone mentioned before, close to Jardin des Tuileries/Place Vendôme : you can check their website they have a lot of choices. Dont hesitate to ask samples if you go there. They have a lot of brands : Amouage, Xejoff, Widian, Andy Tauer, Profumum Roma, Sospiro, Frapin, Roja Dove, Trudon

Quite close to this shop, you'll find Penhaligon's shop, Tom Ford's, Frederic Malle's, Serge Lutens', MFK's and a lot of other that i can't remember

- Avoid Nose in the 2nd district if you can. I know that i recommended it one of my post once, yet honestly they are quite arrogant and quite disrespectful. Anyway, some of their brand : Diptypique, MFK, Heeley, Costume National, By Kilian, juliette Has a Gun, Unum, Penhaligon's, Aqua di Parma, Creed, Comme des Garçons, etc.

Instead, you shall prefer AROMA, a few streets away : they sell acqua di parma, Margiela, Le Galion, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Atelier Cologne, Odin, Herve Gambs, Miller Harris, Carner, Frapin --> they are so nice, they don't push you to buy. They have been here for a very long time in Paris but i think they are suffering from Nose, mentioned above. There are often discounts like -20%/30%

- HIGHLY RECOMMANDED : Sens Unique in Le Marais is great ! They have : Carner, Nasomatto, MDCI, Imaginary Author, N-Cigale, Majda Bekkali, Amouage, Neandertal, Etat Libre d'Orange, Paul Emilien, Laboratory Olfattivo, Phaedon, etc.

Another shop in le Marais is called Marie Antoinette. I never went in, i just pass by sometimes : olfactive studio, Robert Piguet, Histoires de Parfums, Lubin, Parfumerie Violet, Mona Di Orio, Le Galion, Frapin, Marc Antoine Barrois

- HIGHLY RECOMMANDED : Liquide, close to Oberkampf (3rd/11th district) - it's a fragrance bar ! A very good place to learn and discover new fragrance. Staff is really nice and you feel at home. Brands : Liquides Imaginaires, Frapin, L.A. Bruket, 19-69, Parfums de Marly, Byredo, Parfums d'Empire, Amouage, Dear Rose, etc.

5 min walk from there you'll find Le Labo's shop. There is also Le Studio des Parfum who can make your own custom fragrance (i never tried)

At Boulevard Saint Germain, a lot of shops too, selling their own brand this time : Goutal, Le Labo, Jo Malone, Creed, L'Artisan Parfumeur. Also, a lot of luxury brand flagships : LV, YSL, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc.

If you are looking for some brand in particular, feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Ni View Post
    Hello, i'm French AND Parisian, so here some of my suggestion :

I don't mention designer brand as you can find them anywhere. Anyway, if you want private lines from designers you can go to Les Grands Magasins (printemps at Haussmann, Les Galeries Lafayette or Le Bon Marché) --> Hermes, Dior, Guerlain, Tom Ford, Chanel, etc. + some others : Dyptique, L'artisan Parfumeur, Roos & Roos, Acqua di Parma, By Kilian, Byredo, Jo Malone, Laura Mercier, Comme des Garçons

- RECOMMANDED : Jovoy is great, as someone mentioned before, close to Jardin des Tuileries/Place Vendôme : you can check their website they have a lot of choices. Dont hesitate to ask samples if you go there. They have a lot of brands : Amouage, Xejoff, Widian, Andy Tauer, Profumum Roma, Sospiro, Frapin, Roja Dove, Trudon

Quite close to this shop, you'll find Penhaligon's shop, Tom Ford's, Frederic Malle's, Serge Lutens', MFK's and a lot of other that i can't remember

- Avoid Nose in the 2nd district if you can. I know that i recommended it one of my post once, yet honestly they are quite arrogant and quite disrespectful. Anyway, some of their brand : Diptypique, MFK, Heeley, Costume National, By Kilian, juliette Has a Gun, Unum, Penhaligon's, Aqua di Parma, Creed, Comme des Garçons, etc.

Instead, you shall prefer AROMA, a few streets away : they sell acqua di parma, Margiela, Le Galion, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Atelier Cologne, Odin, Herve Gambs, Miller Harris, Carner, Frapin --> they are so nice, they don't push you to buy. They have been here for a very long time in Paris but i think they are suffering from Nose, mentioned above. There are often discounts like -20%/30%

- HIGHLY RECOMMANDED : Sens Unique in Le Marais is great ! They have : Carner, Nasomatto, MDCI, Imaginary Author, N-Cigale, Majda Bekkali, Amouage, Neandertal, Etat Libre d'Orange, Paul Emilien, Laboratory Olfattivo, Phaedon, etc.

Another shop in le Marais is called Marie Antoinette. I never went in, i just pass by sometimes : olfactive studio, Robert Piguet, Histoires de Parfums, Lubin, Parfumerie Violet, Mona Di Orio, Le Galion, Frapin, Marc Antoine Barrois

- HIGHLY RECOMMANDED : Liquide, close to Oberkampf (3rd/11th district) - it's a fragrance bar ! A very good place to learn and discover new fragrance. Staff is really nice and you feel at home. Brands : Liquides Imaginaires, Frapin, L.A. Bruket, 19-69, Parfums de Marly, Byredo, Parfums d'Empire, Amouage, Dear Rose, etc.

5 min walk from there you'll find Le Labo's shop. There is also Le Studio des Parfum who can make your own custom fragrance (i never tried)

At Boulevard Saint Germain, a lot of shops too, selling their own brand this time : Goutal, Le Labo, Jo Malone, Creed, L'Artisan Parfumeur. Also, a lot of luxury brand flagships : LV, YSL, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc.

If you are looking for some brand in particular, feel free to ask
    Oui! Very Nice Post Oki-Ni. The Montale Store is down from the Four Seasons and Creed Store at 68 Rue Pierre Charron. They are very friendly and have Montale on one wall and Mancera on the other.
    Currently wearing: Back to Black by By Kilian