Code of Conduct
o

Default New Zara releases for Autumn/Winter 2017

Zara seem to have release new ranges for Autumn/Winter 2017. Has anyone tried any of these yet?. One or two seem to have some OK notes listed:

Woody Range
    Tiveden - Cardamom - Sandalwood - Leather - Musk
    Kilsbergen - Bergamot - Orange blossom - Tonka bean
    Norrland - Grapefruit - Pepper - Vetiver

Zara Winter Collection 2017 - Bergamot -Tangerine - Pepper - Eucalyptus - Lavender - Cypress - Amber - Patchouli

I know Zara isn't at the top of most people's lists due to being fairly cheap and quite often clones of existing designer fragrances, but they seem to have released a few above-average fragrances in the last couple of years at excellent prices (Tobacco Rich Warm Addictive and Midsummer Orange Zest being two of these)
    "I learned to work the saxophone...I play just what I feel....Drink Scotch whiskey all night long....And die behind the wheel
    They got a name for the winners in the world...I want a name when I lose...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...Call me Deacon Blues"

Default Re: New Zara releases for Autumn/Winter 2017

Scandinavian Wood Series is excellent as most recent releases of Zara IMO. Norrwood is Encre Noir like, Kilsbergen and Tiveden rather for the 30+ crowd. All well done, good EDP longevity and a bargain for €16.

Winter collection is a rather common designer like scent, somehow reminiscent of Boss Bottled. Would not buy this one.

Thank you for the recommendations, while not having tested them yet, given the fact that the Zara outlet nearest to me is (strangely or not) quite fast and quite duly to introduce new fragrance releases, will post any testing impressions asap
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Scandinavian Wood Series is excellent as most recent releases of Zara IMO. Norrwood is Encre Noir like, Kilsbergen and Tiveden rather for the 30+ crowd. All well done, good EDP longevity and a bargain for €16.

Winter collection is a rather common designer like scent, somehow reminiscent of Boss Bottled. Would not buy this one.
    Thanks for the info on these. Nearest Zara is a trainride away to test these, but it seems the Scandanavian ones would be worth looking at . 30+ age-suitable also sounds like a bonus as I often expect Zara's stuff to appeal to a younger crowd.
    "I learned to work the saxophone...I play just what I feel....Drink Scotch whiskey all night long....And die behind the wheel
    They got a name for the winners in the world...I want a name when I lose...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...Call me Deacon Blues"

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Does anyone know if any of these can be found in the States?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Latest Zara releases are wonderful.

Vibrant leather is even better than Aventus.

Love Unique leather and Pour Homme Night I as well.

Want to try the novelties much.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these can be found in the States?
    Yes, in US stores but not on the US website. Not sure why, as the Zara Europe websites have them available.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by EasyToAssemble View Post
    Yes, in US stores but not on the US website. Not sure why, as the Zara Europe websites have them available.
    Thank you. Appreciate the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

If you enjoy dry woody smells like Encre Noire, Wonderwood or Dirty English, then you will be quite pleased with the 3 scandinavian wood scents IMO.

They already arrived in the Zara store nearest to me and tested them all today, with the following (strictly personal and subjective) impressions:

Tiveden- the most powdery and smooth, though not necessarily good way, just pleasant and inoffensive at the expense of some nuances and some performance

Norrland- possibly the most balanced, quite likely to appeal to most potential customers, trying and actually succeeding to make the most of woody notes combined with some "filler" citrus hints, particularly during its opening

Kilsbergen- personally liked this one the most, although vetiver is listed in others from this range, here an inexpensive but not cheap smelling cedar-vetiver balance works quite well and quite masculine, also unexpectedly classy for occasions/outfits requiring something both understated and stylishly woody
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I liked and bought Tiveden - something of a Santal 33 clone (an impression I arrived at independently from the other reviewer who noted it). But I note that it's already off the US website.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis