Code of Conduct

Angry FragranceX sold me a fake Dior Homme Intense

and I paid more than 130 CAD for this... the box is fake af (no bee logo, detached) lmao ridiculous IMG_5348.jpgIMG_5349.jpg

Default FragranceX sold me a fake Dior Homme Intense

and I paid more than 130 CAD for this lmao. Box is fake af

IMG_5348.jpgIMG_5349.jpg

Default Re: FragranceX sold me a fake Dior Homme Intense

Contact them, I'm sure if they did send you a fake they'd be more than willing to make it right

Quote Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
    Contact them, I'm sure if they did send you a fake they'd be more than willing to make it right
    Yeah I'm emailing them, so disappointed probably would avoid buying from them again

Quote Originally Posted by AE06 View Post
    Yeah I'm emailing them, so disappointed probably would avoid buying from them again

That's why I pay the little bit of extra to buy in store

Blog Entries

Serious allegations there so please be absolutely certain to get your facts right or risk legal action for defamation. Bee logos aside, how does the fragrance smell to you?
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Serious allegations there so please be absolutely certain to get your facts right or risk legal action for defamation. Bee logos aside, how does the fragrance smell to you?
    I agree there. One would need to be 110% sure an item was counterfeit before making such statements.

Like.. it's not impossible that the packaging could have changed.. or it was a rare batch where machine that prints the logo had broke down, therefore the logo was missed out on, and before anyone noticed 100 bottles went through and that's how the bottle ended up on a discounters.. you know, anything is possible.

From my experience FragranceX has always been more than perfect. I can't speak highly enough of them and would trust them before many other discounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanah View Post
    I agree there. One would need to be 110% sure an item was counterfeit before making such statements.

Like.. it's not impossible that the packaging could have changed.. or it was a rare batch where machine that prints the logo had broke down, therefore the logo was missed out on, and before anyone noticed 100 bottles went through and that's how the bottle ended up on a discounters.. you know, anything is possible.

From my experience FragranceX has always been more than perfect. I can't speak highly enough of them and would trust them before many other discounters.

This does make me question if my bottle of Sauvage is a fake. The bottle looks legit, but the smell is nothing that is described in reviews

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

You do have recourse to return it, right?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

how does the fragrance smell to you?
    This is most important IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
    This does make me question if my bottle of Sauvage is a fake. The bottle looks legit, but the smell is nothing that is described in reviews
    The OP's post makes you question your bottle?

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much. Usually when the bottle and box look check out perfect and people suspect a fake by the smell alone it turns out to be 100% genuine.

I wouldn't suspect a fake just because it doesn't smell how people describe it in reviews. I'd at the very least want to smell numerous bottles and know the packaging inside out before making any judgement.

I'm not even gonna bother myself to smell it, the box is way toooooo sketchy... come onIMG_5358(1).jpg

It would really help to see the bottle and smell it. Have you smelled it a store so you can compare?

Check this out. The pics don’t work, but Dior has been noted for questionable boxes before.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...the-hell-Dior-!

I’d guess it’s legit.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th October 2017 at 04:16 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

My box does not have the bee on it either -- I'm pretty sure the box has multiple versions. Why would you not even bother to smell the perfume first?

Never had any problems with FragranceX. As others have mentioned, try smelling the fragrance.

It is very unlikely that you got a fake from them, but why making a big deal of it, if you don't like it, just return it for a full refund.
    Last edited by techt; 12th October 2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Favorites: BN9 SOPFH - Amouage Reflection Man - PDM Layton - D&G Velvet Exotic Leather - L'Homme YSL - Dior Fahrenheit - Prada L'Homme
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Fragrancex sold fake. It's hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by trongnhantv View Post
    Fragrancex sold fake. It's hard to believe.
    Although not out of the realm of possibility, my feeling also.

Did you smell it?

I have a bottle of Dior Homme Parfum with the same crappy box. It's not fake.
    My wardrobe is up to date as of 10/09/17, and anything on my "Swap List" is for sale. You set the price and we'll negotiate from there. Inquire within!
    Currently wearing: Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi

I don't think that's fake. I have a bottle of Dior Homme Parfum with the same crappy kind of box (the thing fell apart within a week) and the bottle and juice are fine.
    My wardrobe is up to date as of 10/09/17, and anything on my "Swap List" is for sale. You set the price and we'll negotiate from there. Inquire within!
    Currently wearing: Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi

don't deceive with belief

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I don't think that's fake. I have a bottle of Dior Homme Parfum with the same crappy kind of box (the thing fell apart within a week) and the bottle and juice are fine.
    I had exactly this same experience with Dior Homme Parfum when I bought it from Fragrancenet in 2015.

Exclamation Moderator message

OP wondering why must post this thread for a second time in a third location?

Cross posting is not permitted on Basenotes. Your threads have been merged into one.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Blog Entries

If you’d rather just wear a ‘bee logo’, by all means knock yourself out. Next time why don’t you do yourself a favor and just buy directly from a Dior (or whichever designer brand) mortar-and-brick boutique. Surely all these paranoia is not worth the few dollars you get in savings by buying online.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

If you’d rather just wear a ‘bee logo’, by all means knock yourself out. Next time why don’t you do yourself a favor and just buy directly from a Dior (or whichever designer brand) mortar-and-brick boutique. Surely all these paranoia is not worth the few dollars you get in savings by buying online.
    This is very true.. if people are paranoid about buying from discounters, it's best to just pay the few extra dollars, pounds euros or whatever and buy from an authorised stockists.

However, my feeling is there's absolutely nothing wrong with this bottle. As others have said they have the same experiences with the box. I'm not sure about the bee logo.. I really don't think my box has one either now come to think of it.. from memory the box looks identical to my own DHI and mine was purchased full price from a fully authorised Dior boutique. Probably the best Dior store in the country.

I think you're safe with this and indeed with FragranceX. They're my "go to" discounter in the USA. I like them more than any other I've used. I'm extremely particular about fragrances being genuine too. I'm sure I have bought in excess of fifty bottles from FragranceX since I discovered them about two years ago and all have been perfectly genuine.

By the way, they also work out cheapest from international buyers if this is of any help to anyone reading. Free shipping is the reason I find them unbeatable. Plus you can pay the import fees at the checkout so you don't have to pay them when the item gets here (it also cuts out the handling fee that the customs charge you, because the fees are already paid, they come straight to your door and don't have to be handled).

Shipping is super fast too. I ordered a five or six bottles from them last Friday and the package was here yesterday (I haven't got it though as I was not at home and the delivery driver didn't leave it.. so it'll have to be redelivered.. but that's my fault obviously.) Six days from USA to Western Europe... and it's free shipping. Fantastic.

I love FragranceX personally and I will continue to shop with them for as long as they're around. They will remain my No. 1 fragrance discount store. A great all round shopping experience. I got most of my Bond No. 9 from them.. probably close to fifteen different Bond fragrances.. they saved me a small fortune compared to buying from Harrods. In some instances literally less than half price.
    Last edited by Quanah; 13th October 2017 at 04:40 PM.