Code of Conduct

Thread: Fahrenheit EDT

Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Fahrenheit EDT

I have purchased a 6.8 oz of Fahrenheit EDT from amazon, and the scent does not last on me. I spray 7-8 times and by the time I get to work there's hardly any hint of it at all.

Is something wrong with my nose, or is it possible it's a fake product? I don't think anything is wrong with my nose because other fragrance I wear I can smell throughout the day, such as tabac rouge or tobacco vanille or herod.

Has anyone else experienced this with Fahrenheit?

Has anyone gone back to purchase it from Macy's, and seen a difference in performance and longevity of the fragrance?

Please provide feedback.

Thanks,

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fahrenheit EDT

I purchased my bottle at Sephora. Three sprays lasts 7+ hours.

Sometimes people stop smelling anything after a while due to olfactory overload.

Did you purchase it from a reputable dealer?
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by yourcupoftea View Post

Is something wrong with my nose, or is it possible it's a fake product?
    Try applying an unscented lotion to your skin prior to applying the scent and see if that helps.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Probably olfactory
    Currently wearing: Incense Rosé by Tauer

Having never experienced reduced performance with this one, tending to agree it may be olfactory fatigue as the likeliest cause

Fahrenheit has very strong performance and doubt very much that amazon sold you a fake.
    BN9 SOPFH - Amouage Ref Man - PDM Layton - Kristiansand NY - D&G Velvet Exotic Leather - L'Homme YSL - Dior Fahrenheit - Prada L'Homme
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Thanks for your responses guys. But for instance when I put on Aqua Fahrenheit or the Fahrenheit Parfum, I am able to smell it several hours later. Is olfactory fatigue is the likely cause for not smelling the original Fahrenheit?

My bottle is from 2015 and i have the same problem. It's like the top notes are missing and it goes straight into some sort of dry down which can only be smelled when i press my nose against my skin. I asked co-workers and they don't smell anything either. Even after applying over 6 times. When i had it when i was younger i know 2-3 sprays lasted me all day.

I can smell the parfum and cologne versions all day. I'm still thinking of buying a new smaller bottle hoping to get a better formula.
    I'm wearing it today but it feels like wearing no scent at all.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Is olfactory fatigue is the likely cause for not smelling the original Fahrenheit?
    Probably then. Give it a rest for a few days and try it again and see if you get better results.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftmoon View Post
    My bottle is from 2015 and i have the same problem. It's like the top notes are missing and it goes straight into some sort of dry down which can only be smelled when i press my nose against my skin. I asked co-workers and they don't smell anything either. Even after applying over 6 times. When i had it when i was younger i know 2-3 sprays lasted me all day.

I can smell the parfum and cologne versions all day. I'm still thinking of buying a new smaller bottle hoping to get a better formula.
    I'm wearing it today but it feels like wearing no scent at all.
    Thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm having a hard time giving up on Fahrenheit as well, it's a classic. But I've been buying from amazon at significant discount and not macy's or other department stores, and am wondering if I'm getting a fake as the likely cause of weak performance and projection.

I too was thinking about getting a smaller bottle in hope of better performance. Let me know if you have any new experiences with Fahrenheit.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Damn homie, you're having no luck at all eh?
    Fahrenheit is an old favorite of mine. The one I got from amazon does not perform, and is certainly not what it was years back when 3 sprays lasted you the whole day.

As far as luck,

I'm able to enjoy Tabac Rouge, Rouge Avignon, Tobacco Vanille the entire day.

I also am able to smell and enjoy Aqua Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit Parfum for 6+ hours.

Unfortunately, Im not getting the same results from the original EDT. how has ur experience been if u use this fragrance? thanks!

Fahrenheit is an old favorite of mine. The one I got from amazon does not perform, and is certainly not what it was years back when 3 sprays lasted you the whole day.

As far as luck,

I'm able to enjoy Tabac Rouge, Rouge Avignon, Tobacco Vanille the entire day.

I also am able to smell and enjoy Aqua Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit Parfum for 6+ hours.

Unfortunately, Im not getting the same results from the original EDT. how has ur experience been if u use this fragrance? thanks!
    I was referring to the fact that you seem to be having this longevity issue again and again. For me three sprays on any formula lasts all day, the EDP even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I was referring to the fact that you seem to be having this longevity issue again and again. For me three sprays on any formula lasts all day, the EDP even moreso.
    I know what you were referring to, and in response I pointed out a greater number of examples where I experience superb longevity.

Would you agree with the idea that if fragrances weren't somewhat faulty, then they wouldn't be sold at considerably discounted prices at non-department store places such as amazon, notion, and fragrancenet?

Would you agree with the idea that if fragrances weren't somewhat faulty, then they wouldn't be sold at considerably discounted prices at non-department store places such as amazon, notion, and fragrancenet?
    Not at all but you're free to believe whatever you believe.

I have two bottles of Acqua di Gio Profumo, one purchased at a well-known high street store in the UK and the other at a well-known online discount store for about two thirds of the price - and they both have the same batch code, ergo, are the same batch, therefore the same juice (and my nose confirms that, to the best of my ability).

The online stores can sell for a much lower margin than a high street store for obvious reasons, the lower price is absolutely no reflection on the quality of the fragrance (assuming genuine rather than fake, of course).

However to find that Herod and Fahrenheit both seem weak certainly goes against my recent experience with them, but I will certainly be interested to see what Palmolive discovers when the split bottle arrives, so I'm certainly not trying to dispute that they may have been reformulated weaker.

Ok, so I went ahead and purchased a 6.8 oz of Fahrenheit at the full retail value of $145 from Macy's, and in comparison to the trash I received from amazon, for which I paid over $100, the potency of the Macy's product is remarkable. I was actually complemented on how well I smelled the first day I wore it at work. The smell lingers throughout the day.

My advise: don't purchase Fahrenheit from any other source than department store or Christian Dior itself. When you read the reviews, you will hear many negative reviews questioning lack of quality and/or authenticity, where the scent just does not last and you can only get a whiff of the scent if you press your nose into it.

For the record, I would also like to say I have purchased Aqua Fahrenheit from fragrancenet, and the performance and projection were great as well. Unfortunately, not when it came to the original Fahrenheit I've purchased from them in the past.

I also purchased Fahrenheit 32 directly from Macy's, and although the scent lingers throughout the day, it has definitely been toned down. it is most definitely not the same Fahrenheit 32 from 2010 that I last purchased, which was a total beast in projection.
    Last edited by yourcupoftea; 30th October 2017 at 04:53 PM.