Code of Conduct

Thread: Hand Soap

Basenotes Plus

Default Hand Soap

Apologies is this goes in another forum - I'm a huge fan of buying scented hand soap for the bathroom so I know my kids have actually washed their hands after using the facilities. Someone at work brought in the Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint hand soap for everyone to use and I actually enjoyed the scent. I haven't shopped at Bath and Body Works in about a decade, but after looking at the website, they have definitely changed up their scents a bit. We don't have a Bath and Body Works here in the UK, so I would be blind buying any scented product (except for the one I tried already).

I'd also be up for any other recommendations for a hand soap, even a high end one.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hand Soap

Wish I could help but I’m totally new to this myself. Looking forward to suitable fragranced handsoap recommendation.
    Currently wearing: 11 by Le Cherche Midi

What sort of scent are you looking for?
    Bar or liquid?
    What's your budget?
    Are you really considering blind buying a B&BW hand soap and shipping it all the way from the US? We've thousands of choices in the UK, have you explored the myriad brands sold in stores here?

I am in Belfast and we have L'Occitane who do some lovely fragrances.

Then every year coming up to Xmas we have a market, a man comes over from France with the most amazing vegal soaps. I just call him the soap man LOL. Totally amazing fragrances all smell real not synthetic. Oh and cheaper than L'Occitane. I usually go for the Asses Milk(yes real asses milk is used, I joked about it and he said not woman near him in France has a herd used for their milk), also goat's milk and lavender. Rose,Peony etc he does and one that smells like Opium but its black in colour so I have never bought.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Also adding, as further hand soap recommendations, the ones by Yardley, Baylis&Harding, Nesti Dante- reasonably priced as well as very skin friendly and wonderfully scented, with a quite diverse variety as well

I know this isn't 'high-end' in the traditional sense, but Waitrose has a great line of liquid hand soaps, shower gels and bath foams. The pump on the hand soap is great as you can easily dispense half a pump, and the soap is nice and thick. The bath foams are great too and last a long time, easily for 8 - 10 baths. I haven't tried the shower gel yet.

My favourite scents from that line are Ginger & Clementine, Lime & Basil and Fig & Sandalwood, but they all are really good.

Apart from the above, Diptyque, Jo Malone, Aesop and Molton Brown have some good reviews when it comes to liquid hand soap, but I haven't tried those brands yet because I'm really happy with what I have so it's hard to tempt me into something new.

Molton Brown has some really good ones. You might look at your local T.K.Maxx.....
    Striving still to Truth unknown

I'm a big fan of Claus Porto soaps, especially the lime and basil one. They're excellent quality, and the packaging is wonderfully retro-groovy (man).

https://clausporto.com/gl/?gclid=Cjw...RoCPl4QAvD_BwE

I'd like to add Rituels soap ( and body wash). Its a French Canadian company.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty2Shoes View Post
    Apologies is this goes in another forum - I'm a huge fan of buying scented hand soap for the bathroom so I know my kids have actually washed their hands after using the facilities. Someone at work brought in the Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint hand soap for everyone to use and I actually enjoyed the scent. I haven't shopped at Bath and Body Works in about a decade, but after looking at the website, they have definitely changed up their scents a bit. We don't have a Bath and Body Works here in the UK, so I would be blind buying any scented product (except for the one I tried already).

I'd also be up for any other recommendations for a hand soap, even a high end one.
    Roget Et Gallet and Oriza L. Legrand offer some wonderful scented soaps.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty2Shoes View Post

Instead of using a Hand wash soap y don't u use Himalaya pure Hands Hand sanitizer, its too god and gives a good smell.