Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Talking A Brief Sampling of Henry Jacques Perfumes

Henry Jacques

http://www.parfums-henry-jacques.com/en/#/en/1

DOWN To HEART

Any of us who have nosed Ex Idolo Thirty-Three and like it will adore this.

It has a very similar opening with Orange Flower sans the Metallic edge.

This Citric counterpoint is a notion that, for me, allows the true, deep Beauty of the Rose to be exposed.

What follows is a Single and perfectly Petalled and Jammy Red Rose.

What a Rose! This is the Thump of your Lover's Heart when you lay your Ear to her/his Breast.

Jasmine is a Whisper and Iris provides a slight rigidity and Tannin.

A Musky Rounding and Buttering Sandalwood offers an Elegant support.

The quality of ingredients and composition is, well, astonishingly perfect.

I would rate this as a Step beyond Amouage Homage Attar.

A most wonderful start to a Weekend of Dining at the House of Henry Jacques.

OUDH GLAM OR

This scent is reminiscent of Armani Oud Imperiale.

Side by side, it is remarkable how Armani has "Cleaned up" the Oud.
    Oudh Glam Or presents Cambodian Oud with the dangly bits only slightly trimmed. Depths of Smokiness and Varnish and an oily texture provide a sumptuous-ness.
    Saffron is but a hint.
    Patchouli provides a beautiful Camphorous Glow and a trail of Myrrh follows to add a spiciness to a lightly carameled Amber.
    No sign of a Rose to me.

For the Culinary in me the Armani is a Specifically Farmed Free Range whereas the Glam is a Bird that has been set free to roam through the Forest and Fed on a Diet of Grubs, Bugs and the occasional Morel. Both are most tasty, however one tastes of the Soul.

ONCTION

Apparently this is made for women. I say it's made for adult humans. I suppose it has been marketed that way because the Oud and Rose are set back on the canvas. What steps forward is Wood or better Precious woods. This is the Sandalwood of my Childhood. Nutty, Creamy Butter. Cedar is perhaps Mediterranean.
    It softens the blow of cool Camphourous Patchouli and the slight Pepper of Vetiver.
    For me, there is an aura of dry Hay and Sweetgrass with the Narcotic of their scent.
    I have to admit that this hit's my Masculine Nerve Centre and would be dynamite worn by my wife and yet would be sexy on my skin to have me dream of a romp, in the hay, all day.
    For the adults, as there is an absence of unnatural sugars.
    Yummy!!

ROI SANS EQUIPAGE

Crikey!!
    This must be popular in the well heeled Masculine circles. A light Citric start. Tobacco, Clary Sage, Patch and Wood. A draw to the Leather. A touch of Jasmine to elegant it all up. Sound simple. Yes, simply sublime.
    A scent for a King!

FLEUR de SOIR

This opens to a remarkable Carroty Iris Butter. Jasmine and a Clean White Musk combine to cream it up and the result is a Carrot Mouselline in a Sandalwood Timbale.

Perfect for the girls, but for me too!

That's it for today as I am in Dreamland with all this Exquisite Sandalwood. Of which there is a most healthy plonk, in this.

More tomorrow.

IGOR NO.9

I will call this the "Encore" scent.
    Do you think that this was perhaps Bespoked for Igor Levit?

A quite beautiful Adelhydic start. Bouquet of Muguet and Jasmine. The Hay-like top of Patchouli and Camomile adds an almost Pastoral Accord. A touch of Labdanum perhaps almost has me feeling Chypre. It is a scent I have almost always known.
    A country Gentleman's Savon and Ode to Joy.

OUD SUPREME

Ooh la la.

What a beautiful Oud Perfume!

Light Saffron opening. Then just enough of the Raw Layered Dehen. Barnyard,Balsam, Hay, Varnish. A Rush of superb Cedar is softened by Vanilla and Amber. Almost Savoury but for the thin layer of Caramel.
    I would say an Elegant perfume for Men, however pretty enough for Feminine skin.

NO 11 DE SACHA

Probably designed for the Girls. Reminds me of the Sumptuous-ness of Chanel Coromandel with Lemon Curd scented with Neroli on top and Amber, Tonka, Benzoin based. A touch of Spice. This could be a Guerlain.
    Yep this is for the Feminine. Lemon Mousse, Sablee and a dollop Whipped Cream.

SOUDAIN L'HIVER

This, is what I had hoped from Hermes Rocabar.
    I am first hit with the most gorgeous Pine, Rosemary and the Higher notes of Incense. The headiness continues with a Jasmine, Neroli sweetness, like a sprinkle of Citrus scented Sugar. The Rosemary in this is stunning. I can almost taste the Dusty, vaguely Bitter woodiness of it. This is a meal of Cool Greenness for the Masculine.

MONSIEUR BOUQUET

Francop says

Monsieur by Henry Jacques is a green smooth masculine blend of pine needles, benzoin and leather.

I would agree and add that Cinnamon adds a light spiciness that combined with my own Cumin would likely be quite Lickable err Agreeable.

JEANNICE

Sandalwood and Rose. Years ago, a Persian Gentleman, who sold an array of Oils told me this. Rose and Sandalwood are like a sacred marriage. Each caresses the best from each other.
    Ingredient List
    Hesperidic Notes, Black Pepper, Jasmine,Iris, Rose,Sandalwood, Cedar, Oakmoss.

For me the dance is between the Rose and the Sandalwood. The other souls are standing in a circle enveloping.
    This has the "feel" of Bois des Isles and it's dreaminess, however is most Feminine in it's composition.
    Another one for my Queen.

GRECO

I'm the Best Man for Mon Ami who has married the Love of His Life on Mykonos. I am wearing a crisp Tuxedo and a Carnation Boutonniere. I have left the party to relieve myself into a Garden of Geranium. I look up at the Bright Moon and breath in the Licorice of Ouzo and the Varnish of Retsina, Wood of the Cedar and Pine. Lemon and Rosemary waft through the scene. I look to the left and the moon, has revealed Two Young Lovers, naked and in Embrace. All is right in the world when there is Love.
    I Love this perfume.
    For me, it is Kouros.

I believe this is the perfumer
    http://www.golfedesainttropez.mavill...86587_actu.Htm
    Last edited by purecaramel; 15th October 2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: A Brief Sampling of Henry Jacques Perfumes

"A step beyond Amouage Homage Attar" Holy cow--this sounds amazing!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bϊzios Brasil

Sampled many from the house when I was last in London. Don't recall if these were among them. Are they new from the house?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sampled many from the house when I was last in London. Don't recall if these were among them. Are they new from the house?
    Perhaps, they are new? Perhaps, they are Bespoke. Onction was presented in 2010 I believe. I'll get back to you in regards to Provenance.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bϊzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Perhaps, they are new? Perhaps, they are Bespoke. Onction was presented in 2010 I believe. I'll get back to you in regards to Provenance.
    Appreciate the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    "A step beyond Amouage Homage Attar" Holy cow--this sounds amazing!
    Well, amazing for me, with the proviso that it is just my subjective view. Probably would have been better to compare it to Amouage Tribute Attar which wow'd me in the same way with it's extraordinary composition and finish.

Basenotes Plus

Henry Jacques

DOWN To HEART

Any of us who have nosed Ex Idolo Thirty-Three and like it will adore this.

It has a very similar opening with Orange Flower sans the Metallic edge.

This Citric counterpoint is a notion that, for me, allows the true, deep Beauty of the Rose to be exposed.

What follows is a Single and perfectly Petalled and Jammy Red Rose.

What a Rose! This is the Thump of your Lover's Heart when you lay your Ear to her/his Breast.

Jasmine is a Whisper and Iris provides a slight rigidity and Tannin.

A Musky Rounding and Buttering Sandalwood offers an Elegant support.

The quality of ingredients and composition is, well, astonishingly perfect.

I would rate this as a Step beyond Amouage Homage Attar.

A most wonderful start to a Weekend of Dining at the House of Henry Jacques.

OUDH GLAM OR

This scent is reminiscent of Armani Oud Imperiale.

Side by side, it is remarkable how Armani has "Cleaned up" the Oud.
    Oudh Glam Or presents Cambodian Oud with the dangly bits only slightly trimmed. Depths of Smokiness and Varnish and an oily texture provide a sumptuous-ness.
    Saffron is but a hint.
    Patchouli provides a beautiful Camphorous Glow and a trail of Myrrh follows to add a spiciness to a lightly carameled Amber.
    No sign of a Rose to me.

For the Culinary in me the Armani is a Specifically Farmed Free Range whereas the Glam is a Bird that has been set free to roam through the Forest and Fed on a Diet of Grubs, Bugs and the occasional Morel. Both are most tasty, however one tastes of the Soul.

ONCTION

Apparently this is made for women. I say it's made for adult humans. I suppose it has been marketed that way because the Oud and Rose are set back on the canvas. What steps forward is Wood or better Precious woods. This is the Sandalwood of my Childhood. Nutty, Creamy Butter. Cedar is perhaps Mediterranean.
    It softens the blow of cool Camphourous Patchouli and the slight Pepper of Vetiver.
    For me, there is an aura of dry Hay and Sweetgrass with the Narcotic of their scent.
    I have to admit that this hit's my Masculine Nerve Centre and would be dynamite worn by my wife and yet would be sexy on my skin to have me dream of a romp, in the hay, all day.
    For the adults, as there is an absence of unnatural sugars.
    Yummy!!

ROI SANS EQUIPAGE

Crikey!!
    This must be popular in the well heeled Masculine circles. A light Citric start. Tobacco, Clary Sage, Patch and Wood. A draw to the Leather. A touch of Jasmine to elegant it all up. Sound simple. Yes, simply sublime.
    A scent for a King!

FLEUR de SOIR

This opens to a remarkable Carroty Iris Butter. Jasmine and a Clean White Musk combine to cream it up and the result is a Carrot Mouselline in a Sandalwood Timbale.

Perfect for the girls, but for me too!

That's it for today as I am in Dreamland with all this Exquisite Sandalwood. Of which there is a most healthy plonk, in this.

More tomorrow.

IGOR NO.9

I will call this the "Encore" scent.
    Do you think that this was perhaps Bespoked for Igor Levit?

A quite beautiful Adelhydic start. Bouquet of Muguet and Jasmine. The Hay-like top of Patchouli and Camomile adds an almost Pastoral Accord. A touch of Labdanum perhaps almost has me feeling Chypre. It is a scent I have almost always known.
    A country Gentleman's Savon and Ode to Joy.

OUD SUPREME

Ooh la la.

What a beautiful Oud Perfume!

Light Saffron opening. Then just enough of the Raw Layered Dehen. Barnyard,Balsam, Hay, Varnish. A Rush of superb Cedar is softened by Vanilla and Amber. Almost Savoury but for the thin layer of Caramel.
    I would say an Elegant perfume for Men, however pretty enough for Feminine skin.

NO 11 DE SACHA

Probably designed for the Girls. Reminds me of the Sumptuous-ness of Chanel Coromandel with Lemon Curd scented with Neroli on top and Amber, Tonka, Benzoin based. A touch of Spice. This could be a Guerlain.
    Yep this is for the Feminine. Lemon Mousse, Sablee and a dollop Whipped Cream.

SOUDAIN L'HIVER

This, is what I had hoped from Hermes Rocabar.
    I am first hit with the most gorgeous Pine, Rosemary and the Higher notes of Incense. The headiness continues with a Jasmine, Neroli sweetness, like a sprinkle of Citrus scented Sugar. The Rosemary in this is stunning. I can almost taste the Dusty, vaguely Bitter woodiness of it. This is a meal of Cool Greenness for the Masculine.

MONSIEUR BOUQUET

Francop says

Monsieur by Henry Jacques is a green smooth masculine blend of pine needles, benzoin and leather.

I would agree and add that Cinnamon adds a light spiciness that combined with my own Cumin would likely be quite Lickable err Agreeable.

JEANNICE

Sandalwood and Rose. Years ago, a Persian Gentleman, who sold an array of Oils told me this. Rose and Sandalwood are like a sacred marriage. Each caresses the best from each other.
    Ingredient List
    Hesperidic Notes, Black Pepper, Jasmine,Iris, Rose,Sandalwood, Cedar, Oakmoss.

For me the dance is between the Rose and the Sandalwood. The other souls are standing in a circle enveloping.
    This has the "feel" of Bois des Isles and it's dreaminess, however is most Feminine in it's composition.
    Another one for my Queen.

GRECO

I'm the Best Man for Mon Ami who has married the Love of His Life on Mykonos. I am wearing a crisp Tuxedo and a Carnation Boutonniere. I have left the party to relieve myself into a Garden of Geranium. I look up at the Bright Moon and breath in the Licorice of Ouzo and the Varnish of Retsina, Wood of the Cedar and Pine. Lemon and Rosemary waft through the scene. I look to the left and the moon, has revealed Two Young Lovers, naked and in Embrace. All is right in the world when there is Love.
    I Love this perfume.
    For me, it is Kouros.
    I have one more Sample to nose, however I would like to say that all of these perfumes are free of low quality synthetics or naturals. They are composed in such a way as to speak to the Art and to the "je ne sais quoi" Francaise. That being said the quality of ingredients sets it apart from the everyday and adds a vibrancy and life to the scent.
    Quality of ingredients and careful, thoughtful arrangement, produces something extraordinary. This sort of Artistic vibrancy can be had, inexpensively, in the perfumes of Fazzolari, Pregoni,Heeley, Aftel and others, certainly.
    If I was well-heeled I would wish to be Bespoked by all of them.

Basenotes Plus

XANTOS BLACK

I will not write about this, as I found it vaguely nauseating. Fine ingredients surely, however there is an accord I find objectionable.

I would like to thank Mixerscent for this wonderful opportunity to nose the most interesting, vibrant and satisfying scents.

These will be off quickly tomorrow to the next evaluator.

Thank-you again Mixerscent.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 15th October 2017 at 09:33 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

I have just received another swath of Henry Jacques paper Samples. Orientation is toward the Feminine. Analysis of the Rose from different angles. A sumptuous Gardenia that captures the flower's depth. All are certainly wearable by all Genders. A couple of Masculines. In particular,one sample of Amber Cuir, that is a gasping beauty.

More, in depth sniffs to come throughout the next few days.

Basenotes Plus

In the midst of this crazy season I received yet another large collection of HJ paper samplings. I dare say it probably represents a large part of the HJ collection. I would imagine that there are some Bespoke produced for clients that may only be scented by the few.
    In any case, I will start with one that seems to have wider distribution.

Musk Oil Black

Opening: Ylang ylang, olibanum
    Heart: Myrrh, benzoin
    Trail: Musk, bourbon vanilla, patchouli

At first I was taken by the Classical structure of this scent. Old Spice and Tooth Powder. The scents of my Grandfathers. Maternal was OS and Paternal was Myrrh Dental Hygiene.
    Frankincense mixes with the soft seductive Ylang Ylang to produce a beautiful, ethereal, counterpoint to the earthbound rich golden gourmand of Myrrh folded into a Vanilla and Benzoin-ed body. Spice of Clove and Cinnamon is hinted. Patchouli? Maybe. Musk? Just enough to mingle with the human's own and suggest animalic.
    The Myrrh purrs with it's stern bitter dryness, just barely breaking through the bubble of Vanilla, Benzoin sweetness.
    At the last I was drawn to the balance of this HJ beauty.
    Think of a refined Early American Old Spice for Woman, without the Aldehydes.

Musk Oil White

Opening: Ylang Ylang, Iris, Freesia
    Heart: Jasmine, Rose, Mimosa
    Trailing: White Musk, Vanilla

White Musk is a difficult note for me. It is used a great deal in Feminines, Laundry Detergents and Soaps. Sometime's I am in admiration of it when it is used to soften Strong Woods (Amber Oudh) etc in counterpoint. Most often though it hits my nerve centres as Ivory Soap. One pleasant thing, is that HJ has refrained from using a blinding white wall of Ambroxin and Sugars to confound my Masculine brain cells.

Yasminale No.1

Opening: Sweet Pea, Honeysuckle,Plum
    Heart:Jasmine, Freesia, Broom
    Base: Sandalwood, Iris, Vanilla

Hummmmm!
    This is a Man-Killer. SweetPea, Honeysuckle and Plum my gosh, what a draw. Just enough Citric from Plum to counter the Honeysuckle Syrup and the Dancing Greeness of the Sweet Pea.
    Jasmine and Freesia burst with some force and grab hold of my Heart, fill my lungs with Oxygen and provide a dreaminess of float.
    Milky Sandalwood and a stiffness of Iris, anchor this Floral to the moment.
    A refined, more extensively layered, Lutens Sarrasins.
    Hummmmm!

Ambre Cuir

Opening: Lavender, Orange Blossom, Geranium
    Heart: Frankincense, Iris, Coriander
    Trailing:Amber, Leather, Sweet Myrrh

Never mind the marketing as a Feminine. This is Genderless.
    Coriander is presented quickly with a Spicy dustiness as it dances with the smokey Frankincense and vague stiff wax of Iris.
    The Base and Opening float above and below the heart, however are set back on the canvas.
    the Lavender, OJ Flower and Mild Camphour of the Geranium seem to act as a Spotlight from above and act perhaps with the sweet Myrrh to provide a mild soapiness of trail.
    The Amber and Sweet Myrrh certainly provide a quiet base. At the end, there is a lick of the Cuir.
    I can see this as being a favourite of many, for it's whispering, understated, elegance.

Dentelle au Coeur

Tuberose and Ricard Pastis

Some times with Tuberose my throat begins to swell, my brain cells scream for Oxygen and I am longing for a shot of Belladonna.
    It is the case with this scent, however before I ran away, I picked up a pleasant note anise-like. Ricard Pastis.

Ulysse Blue Man

Opening: Lavender, Grapefruit, Anise
    Heart: Pepper notes, Pink Pepper, Clove
    Trail: Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Patchouli Baby!
    Big, Camphorous and Dry. Haylike.
    Moss and Sandalwood soften the blow.
    Peppers, Anise and Grapefruit heighten.
    Wearing this would have me dreaming of a romp in the Hay, with a loved one.
    Bringing our personal animalics to the party!

Vert Gallant

Opening: Lavender
    Heart: Labdanum, Sandalwood
    Basenotes: Amber, Vanilla, Musk

Oh Yes!
    This is very "Kiss my Biceps" .... Manly.

Lavender? Certainly it's there.
    However the Meat and Potatoes are in the Heart.
    Labdanum and Milky Sandalwood. I've been out all day tending to the sheep, building wood fences, drinking raw Ewes milk.
    The Base.
    Later,She, my Queen, places a Brulee before me and whispers to my ear, with hot breath. I can hear the flare of her nostrils as she draws in my Musk. She knows who I am, knows where I've been, and knows where I'll be, as she disappears to the bedroom.
    This scent is a Man's Gourmand and carries a furry Mammalian animalic much like PG's L'Ombre Fauve and... well...way sexier.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 24th December 2017 at 02:00 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Double Post.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 24th December 2017 at 09:19 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Merveilleuse

Opening: Bergamot, Coriander, Ylang Ylang

Heart: Jasmine, Rose, Clove

Trail: Opoponax, Vetiver, Patchouli

What can one say? Genderless. Chypres-que.
    A perfectly blended accord of Fine French Savon.
    Women, Men and Every Person in between.
    Simply....Well....Marvelous.
    What can one say?

Dorilene

Anyone know Diorissimo?
    Well, Dorilene revolves around the same. Muguet.
    With only a quick nod to the intoxication of the Fruity,Yeasty, Heady,Alcoholic, Syrup of the Dior.
    Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Lilac, Muguet, a little Rose.
    Perhaps Sandalwood as it becomes Savon-like. Did I catch a whisper of the Sea?
    In any case, Very Pretty, Fresh and made for the Classically confident woman most Feminine.

Wood Gardens

Opening: Saffron, Mimosa
    Heart: Oudh, Cedarwood
    Trail: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla

This is the Bomb
    The One the Boss wears.
    This Scents of Wealth, in the same way as some Tom Ford stuff.
    However, it way outshines, in it's Understatement.
    Impeccably Testosterone Rich!
    I'll take this one please.
    HJ knows it's a Winner, as they ask a lofty sum.

Deep Forest

Opening: Saffron, Rose Damscenia, Iris
    Heart: Oudh, White Musk, Cedarwood
    Trail: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Amber

High Quality, Dry, Rose Oud.
    Leans Feminine.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 29th December 2017 at 09:09 PM.

I got to sample my way through their collection with their company rep at Harrods. Henry Jacques is the best perfume I've tried! They are expensive - but in the same price range if not a bit higher than many of the finest oud oils from Ensar or Agar Aura. Wish they had a U.S. showroom to visit more often! I understand the perfumer is from San Francisco - is that correct?
    Top Bottles Today: • costa azzurra acqua • la haine, moth and rabbit • black leather j-scent • unum Io non ho mani • the orchid man • terre d'hermes parfum • hindu kush • l'air barbes 19-69 • eau de citron noir • tonic blanc thomas kosmala • la nuit de l'homme • covent garden, jack perfume • no.9 bukhoor elixir • no. 4 apres l'amour • casamorati mephisto gentiluomo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I got to sample my way through their collection with their company rep at Harrods. Henry Jacques is the best perfume I've tried! They are expensive - but in the same price range if not a bit higher than many of the finest oud oils from Ensar or Agar Aura. Wish they had a U.S. showroom to visit more often! I understand the perfumer is from San Francisco - is that correct?
    I am not sure of the Perfumer's origin.
    So you sampled through their collection? At Harrod's? That must have been wonderful!
    What I can appreciate with the Henry Jacques scents is, the use of impeccable ingredients and the balanced arrangement of such. It's blending is carefully Conservative and
    produces accords, that Classically flatter.
    Sampling from Paper, offers little indication of performance on the skin, so I must reserve any real value judgement.At least until my next visit to Harrod's. It's Boutique is definitely a "Bucket List" Destination point.
    Yes, a showcase in America would be most pleasant.
    Expensive indeed! To my Budget, certainly.
    Best, is for the most, part fleeting for me.
    For example, I am currently wearing Pregoni's "Pathetique". For the moment, my perspective is, that, it is the best scent I have ever worn.

Basenotes Plus

Un Bello

Openings: Aldehydes, Plum, Grapefruit
    Heart: Ylang Ylang, Violet Leaf, Magnolia
    Base : Vanilla, Amber, White Musk

Enchantingly assembled and constructed without Ambroxins and poor quality Citrus.
    Unfortunately, I don't see the point of anointing what amounts to a Laundry Detergent.
    White Musk Pfft. Pfft.
    To be worn by the 1%ers who, when they want to disappear in the crowd, slum around wearing this.

Saffran White Or

Opening: Saffron
    Heart: Rose Damascenia, Jasmine
    Trail: Ambergris, White Musk, Sandalwood

The Statement this makes is quiet. It is centred on the heart. A light feathery Rose and Sandalwood dreaminess
    with a thin translucent surround of Chardonnay fruity sweetness. It is perhaps the Ambergris that adds a a fresh light effervescence, Champagne-like. This is a "Lean In " fragrance.

Femme

Opening: Iris, Clary Sage. Geranium
    Heart: Rose, Carnation, Jasmine
    Base: Oakmoss, Musk, Patchouli

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous....
    Chypre, Chypre, Chypre.....
    Made for women?
    Phooey. I'd wear this in a heartbeat.
    Low Sugar count and a Dry Clary Sage
    have this count Genderless.
    What a beautiful softened Rose.
    The vague bitter greenness of the Geranium
    and the Camphour of the Carnation speak classic
    Masculine elegance. The Oakmoss and Musk create a whisper of soapiness and vague
    trail of Public Toilet Flatulence.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 25th December 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Best, is for the most, part fleeting for me.
    For example, I am currently wearing Pregoni's "Pathetique". For the moment, my perspective is, that, it is the best scent I have ever worn.
    Interesting how that works - for me as well.
    Top Bottles Today: • costa azzurra acqua • la haine, moth and rabbit • black leather j-scent • unum Io non ho mani • the orchid man • terre d'hermes parfum • hindu kush • l'air barbes 19-69 • eau de citron noir • tonic blanc thomas kosmala • la nuit de l'homme • covent garden, jack perfume • no.9 bukhoor elixir • no. 4 apres l'amour • casamorati mephisto gentiluomo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Interesting how that works - for me as well.
    Oh yes!!

I find it difficult when answering my top 5. Bel Ami and Bugatti are always in the top 5 subjectively. Objectively I love everything in my Wardrobe, samples and all. If I don't love it I pass it on.
    Best is a difficult one. I can certainly say that Henry Jacques perfumes rate high on my the list of "Memorable" samplings. As a group they impress with High Quality of Ingredients, Classical Structure and Conservative styling. Pregoni's work in comparison impresses with the High Quality of Ingredients, a base in Classical Structure and an innovative Avant Garde Styling, so it is memorable to me. Fazzolari impresses with High Quality of Ingredients, an eye to Classical Structure and Creative Styling, Memorable to me.

Basenotes Plus

Rose Snow

Opening: Rose, Verbena
    Heart: Iris,Rose
    Base:Rose

What you see above is what you get. I am a fan of Citrus used to slice through the voluptuousness of Rose, so this hits a spot. At first the Verbena seemed cut with a little Citronella, however that may be a slight waxiness provided by Iris. I can see this being very attractive to women and certainly would be a nose-catcher for it's light, romantic Quality and Simplicity.
    My Masculine Skin and taste requires a little more vibrancy and/or animalic to be satisfied. Examples : I am a fan of Ex Idolo Thirty Three, Amouage Rose TRO, Dusita Oud Infini, Ho Hang Club.

Rose Galata

Opening: Nutmeg
    Heart: Ylang Ylang, Carnation, Saffron
    Base: Rose, Amber

The Nutmeg provides some interest and slight Camphour of the Carnation is a draw, however I find a Citronella accord overshadows a rather weak Rose. Not my cuppa. This is the first of the HJ that I've viewed as lacking finesse.

Rose Oud

Opening: Violet Leaf,Geranium, Chamomile
    Heart: Oud, Myrrh, Sweet Myrrh
    Base: Patchouli,Amber, Honey

The highlights for me, in this, are the Agarwood and the Myrrh purrrr, however there is great complexity in the arrangement of the other ingredients surrounding and an animalic produced by the Patchouli and Honey that stirs. Although it is not mentioned in the ingredient list, there is a gentle rosey hew that envelops and creates an accord most elegant.

Rose Sahara

This would be Rose Galata withdrawing Amber and replacing with Ambergris. At first the Animalic and Sea Breeze provides a lift, however in the long run Citronella ruins the balance for me. Perhaps this is wonderful on the skin, however it's not for me.

Fantasmes

Opening: Geranium, Orange Blossom, Lemon
    Heart: Oudh, Iris, Peru Balsam
    Trail: Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Here's a real Charmer. The dance is in the heart. The O,S and P provide a beautiful Canvas. Lemon, OJ and slightly minty Geranium counterpoint.
    Dry Woody Chypre for the boys. Provides a superior Masculine accord.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 29th December 2017 at 02:48 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Gardenia d HJ

Opening:Freesia, Orange Blossom
    Heart: Tuberose, Ylang Ylang
    Base: Gardenia, Peach, Jasmine Sambac

This opens gloriously with Sweet Freesia and Orange Blossoms.
    The Heart almost has me gasping for breath as there is a moment of Tuberose Indol.
    The Citrus in the Peach manages to cut through Indol and have the fatty butter of the Tuberose layered in such a way as allow me to breath.
    The Sambac fills my lungs quickly and allows me to just have my mind wander to the delicacy of Gardenia.
    Breathtaking, literally. One of the finest Gardenia scents I have nosed.
    Recommended.

Whidia and Rain

Both are competent and Quality Feminines.
    White Musk predominates though and has them of little interest to my palate.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 29th December 2017 at 09:15 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Angelina

Rose and Sandalwood. What a beautiful marriage.
    There is certainly more going on here with light spicing, ambering , Florals and a touch of Cedar.
    As I opened the package, the Sandalwood of history forms a transcendent Creamy cloud. I suspect a very High Quality Australian softened with lactones with just enough of a touch of Cedar to carry the nuances of Mysore. Rose emerges from the background much like Polge Chanel's. (Egoiste, No. 18, Bois des Ilses). Classical structure and a little of Polge's cleverness, to my mind this scent proves as a Superior Bois des Ilses.
    For me, this goes to the top of the list of the HJ's I will be honing in on when I visit Harrod's.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 29th September 2018 at 07:17 AM.

Always be smelling

Femme:
    This one is one of the best modern perfumes I have smelled. Really good. I wish I could wear it on skin and see the development. A classical floral with fruits up top (kinda like what art le guerre did). Very well blended and the florals are deep and rich.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Escada Homme by Escada

Basenotes Plus

Welcome aboard Paps. It's wonderful to have someone expose my nonsense and offer different insights to these overall enjoyable fragrances.
    Yes, I long to scent these to my skin. I find it remarkable that most of these paper samples retain enough strength to travel, well, it's looking like 3 or 4 months now.

Basenotes Plus

Rose Myasotis

Pleasant canvas of Iris and light Leather. Whispers of green foliage and a quiet Incense. Feathery Citrus to balance only a trace of nectar sweetness. Tuberose? Must be light. Beautiful and a "Lean In" fragrance.

In spite of the name, rather ephemeral to this, crude, masculine nose.

Hawthorne,Jasmine , Ylang Ylang

Orange ,Clove, Tuberose

Benzoin, Iris and Vanilla
    Last edited by purecaramel; 5th February 2018 at 08:40 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Et Pourtant

Starts with a rather Ammoniac or Bleached note that disturbs, and yet, I keep sniffing to find a beauty within. It vaguely scents of Smokey Cypress and Citron, and yet, I am drawn to it's clean bright landscape. A strong breeze of Menthol (the sage) almost sucks away my breath, and yet, I continue forward with an admiration of the balance, finesse and butteriness of the structure. Leather, Muget? Made for boys, and yet, the girls will appreciate it's Savon.
    And Yet, here would be the main notes.
    Lavender, lime
    Muguet, Clary Sage
    Benzoin Leather, Musk
    Last edited by purecaramel; 5th February 2018 at 10:27 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Cilema

The balance in this is superb. The top truly fascinates. Spiced Orange peel and Rum.

The Mid is Carnation, retains a whisper of Pepperiness,which I truly love. It has been folded into a swirl of Benzoin and sweetened slightly by Ylang Ylang. Oh, this is gorgeous.

Sandalwood and Vanilla base it all. What a dream!

Yum!!!!
    Last edited by purecaramel; 5th February 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I believe something got mixed up here?
    Last edited by purecaramel; 26th February 2018 at 05:47 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you so much Mr Camel

How did I miss this house. Probably quizzing people on how many bottles of whatever was left and how often they get new stock.

Some here I have to try which will of course lead to the inevitable I have to have it.

If you are wearing any of these you must be smelling delicious as ever

sea rosesxx
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Basenotes Plus

Easy to miss, rather a Cubby hole, I've been told.
    Nothing on the skin, alas, rather Paper Samples which have traveled.
    Amazing really, since they've been out and about for some months now. Proof they are Extrait.
    mixerscent from Japan has been generous to pass these along.
    Next time I'm at Harrod's or Singapore it will not be missed and my Credit score will take a blow.
    Hope all is well with our dear Sea Roses.
    Hugs and Smackers
    Camel