Code of Conduct

Default best shoe stores and types of shoe's for men?

Is DSW a good shoe store? I've never been in one. I've read a few "12 shoes every man must have" articles. I still don't get it, maybe because I'm not Imelda Marcos. LOL. I have 2 pair of shoes: both are Timberland brand. One is a tennis shoe looking shoe and the other a steel toed boots. I've thought about a slip on shoe (like a moccasin or "dress shoe"). Any suggestions?
    Earn $25 when one friend makes a purchase. They'll get $10.

https://www.ebates.com/r/CHICHI1336?eeid=28187

Let's Dance

Default Re: best shoe stores and types of shoe's for men?

I don't think it's a 'good' shoe store. They have a large number of shoes, and are a discount store. I might buy casual sneakers and flip-flops from there, but I wouldn't go there for anything else. One can find some quality stuff now and then, but one does have to search a lot. Shoes are one item where it pays a lot to buy quality.

Dress shoes are not slip-ons, typically. If you are looking for something more casual, you can go with moccasins. I'm not a fan of those, I prefer something a little dressier (and more versatile IMO) like penny loafers. Moccasins are perhaps better for driving. This summer I used a lot a pair of boat shoes from Timberland, very versatile and I could dress up or down as needed.

I shop there a lot it’s a matter of preference, I always find good deals and nice shoes for work. Aston Grey has some nice shoes and they last awhile and look nice. I’ve always heard mixed things about Aston Grey, the prices I end up getting them for it’s fine for me. I work retail so I don’t expect things to last a long while since work can ruin shoes. None have failed me yet, just self induced damage by me the wearer.
    First impressions happen in the first 5 seconds, make it great and impress on all angles.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

For dress shoes, I recommend Testoni which offers many wonderful dress styles.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I plead guilty to the Imelda charge--I love shoes and have way too many pairs, in part because I never get rid of them. I buy the best shoes I can afford, buy classic styles and take insanely good care of them. I have a pair of Church's that I bought after college that still look great. Two words of advice: Shoe Trees. To answer your question, if you are looking for discounted shoes, Nordstrom Rack is a good place to start, if you have one nearby. Happy hunting!
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Let's Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Cheska View Post
    Hello ,

You can visit www.windowshopcafe.com in there you can find shoes that you prefer.
    A somewhat strange suggestion, given that I went and checked out the offerings.

Are you affiliated in any way?

My husband loves wearing sneakers so he usually buys from Nike Store.