Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday, 24th October, 2017

SotE

Congrats to our new moderators!

I wore Rose Flash.

Banned

Yes, congrats to the new mods!

I'm sitting outside right now and the wind is WHIPPING through the trees; I believe this is the same crazy wind that ExtremeK was talking about yesterday(ish?). It's going to get close to freezing out here tonight, so I'm making some chili. And enjoying a little single malt while things cook. I'm going to try to upload a picture of our back garden; after tonight, it probably won't look like this anymore, because our heat-loving native plants will all freak out and start wilting away. I'm wearing En Avion parfum and it seems just right, probably because it's just right all the time.
    Attachment 73226
    Ah, there we go . . . oh, no. I need to rotate it.
    Attachment 73226
    Poop. I'll fix it later.
    Last edited by thediamondsea; 24th October 2017 at 10:19 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Hello again!

Congrats to the new mods! Really, I must agree, they are some of the most wonderful members here! We are indeed lucky! Thank you, ladies, for your commitment to BN!

(((PerfumedLady, Jon, teardrop))) group hug! Is it time for wine now?

tds, sun illuminated greens are always a joy, even sideways! lol!

I am in the delicious No. 5 EP (mostly) for today, with a dab of a celebuscent from the blind sniff, too. Looking for fruit in that one, lol!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Had trouble getting BN to come up all morning, but all seems well now. Belated birthday wishes to House of Phlegethon and best wishes to Kewart for your test results! And many thanks for the welcome to us new moderators, I will certainly do my best.

Very hot, dry and windy in Southern California and I am still fighting a hacking cough, so just Costes body oil for me today.

Between two pine trees

Congratulations, PerfumedLady, foxbins, and cazaubon! We are so lucky to be in such good, caring hands.

cestrum!!!!! I was hurrying to post this morning before my first work meeting and missed saying HELLO! It's so good to see you!

foxbins, I really like Myrrhiad. Some people say it smells like smoky root beer, but I find it a bit drier than most myrrh fragrances, even with the anise note. The tea helps, I think. You should definitely check it out! I love it this time of year.

tds, you decadent thing, you! YUM! I'd join you on your deck in a heartbeat. I'd bring along the Ardbeg and a couple of glasses with a Genepy rinse, and we'd have ourselves a fabulous mid-afternoon constitutional.

I'm back to cataloging samples this evening. So far, I have on dabs of Zoologist Beaver, Ex Idolo Ryder, Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling, and Parfum d'Empire Equistrius. I smell ... well, I'd have to say ... interesting.

EDIT: I'm playing my new favorite thing on Spotify: a radio station based on the album "Midnight in Paris: Classic Gypsy Jazz Swing," which I found when I was trying to find more stuff like the Midnight in Paris soundtrack. It seems perfect a perfect accompaniment to the sample cataloging.

EDIT #2: does Bombay Bling remind anyone else of Gucci Rush? Or am I crazy?
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 25th October 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Basenotes Member

Wearing my sample of Le Labo noir again today at work and refreshed for the evening. I love it but it might have to be an at home fragrance since it only seems to last a couple of hours on me.
    Currently wearing: Thé Noir 29 by Le Labo