Code of Conduct

Default ASAQ oud oil recommendations.

Is it worth buying from ASAQ, guys? How diluted are their oud oils? Quality overall? I was thinking about buying Kiara and Crassna. Appreciate your feedback.

It's all about the wood

Default Re: ASAQ oud oil recommendations.

Who knows what might go in their products?

Personally, I wouldn’t even consider spending my money with them.
    Last time I checked their website it was 100% BS. Laughable claims really.

Basenotes Plus

I have never purchased oud oil from ASQ, only their blends.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )
    Currently wearing: Oud Zen by Areej le Doré

Vmaster, was it a worthy investment? What blends did you get?

From the house I only have a Cambodi aged and smoked oud, which was simple but quite nice. I forget the price, expensive, I think, but not like the most expensive ones.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    Vmaster, was it a worthy investment? What blends did you get?
    When they were on sale, I purchased 1 tola each. Do not purchase them at full price, wait for the sale, you can save around 40% from listed price.

The links are to their product page on the ASQ international website

JEWEL BLEND 10/10. It took me a few wears to appreciate it due to the skankiness from the possibly Hindi oud and musk .

ROYAL BLEND 10/10. Oud and Rose. Not as amazing as Ottoman Empire from Areej le Dore but still really nice.

SAFARI BLEND 10/10. A really nice vanilla floral.

ROUH AL OUD 10/10. A non-skanky oud blend. Great for those who are new to oud.

I did purchase tolas of some of the really cheap blends (under $50 USD). These I would rate 6/10. Nice but neither great nor full tola worthy:

Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Mix
    Al Fanar blend
    Shamia blend
    Aseel blend
    Last edited by Vmaster; 28th October 2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added a couple of blends
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

They actually send me 40% off coupon, but I'm still deciding. I'm not into rose or barnyard oud. I'm looking for cheese note in ouds and musks. Thank you so much for your feedback

I've never thought of cheese notes in ouds myself (perhaps in musks, though). The cambodi oud I have is not barnyardy and has no rose, it's woody and just a touch smokey. No cheese though.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

They actually send me 40% off coupon, but I'm still deciding. I'm not into rose or barnyard oud. I'm looking for cheese note in ouds and musks. Thank you so much for your feedback
    You are welcome.

Personally, I enjoy ASQ's EDPs Safari Extreme and Khashab Al-Oud Heritage a lot more than the oil blends I have tried. I like Safari blend but enjoy Safari Extreme much more.

In regards to finding your cheesy note, you might want to PM Nikhil of Exotic Scents, he has an account here (user: exoticscents). He would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I've never thought of cheese notes in ouds myself (perhaps in musks, though). The cambodi oud I have is not barnyardy and has no rose, it's woody and just a touch smokey. No cheese though.

cacio
    Cambodi is my favorite. The only smoky Cambodi I have tried was from Abdul Karim al Faransi. Great stuff!
    Last edited by Vmaster; 29th October 2017 at 01:55 AM.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

I have Heritage Blend and wore it just yesterday, in fact. Really, really love this one. Read Darvant's review in the review section. Spot on.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

If you prefer cheesy notes in pure Oud oils then you need to look towards Laotian oils. The profile generally follows a blue cheese/ ripe plum profile, although there are differences in aroma from the north to the south of the country.
    www.imperialOud.com the home of pure Oud in the UK

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Faizal_p View Post
    If you prefer cheesy notes in pure Oud oils then you need to look towards Laotian oils. The profile generally follows a blue cheese/ ripe plum profile, although there are differences in aroma from the north to the south of the country.
    Great information Faizal_p.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

You won't find what you're looking for with ASQ, they do however make a very nice Taifi Rose oil. If you ever stop by the UK, try Henry Jacques at Harrods and sample Onction. It's exactly what you're after.

It may be worthwhile sending an email to Ensar or Russian Adam.
    Last edited by mixerscent; 29th October 2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Cheesy Ouds ! Yes, you have the following options:
    Agar Aura Mai Wan Lao
    Ensar Oud Nhek 1976
    Feel Oud Hainan Arabi
    Oudh Infini by Parfums Dusita

So basically fermented Laotian Ouds. Nothing in ASQ that quite fits the profile. I have ASW Kalakassi 80 yrs, 120 years and Kannam 100 years. They are decent in their own right but way too expensive. Go for artisanal Ouds from the people mentioned above. Mai Wan Lao can be found at very good price at paradiseofoils.com

Hope that helps.
    Currently wearing: Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Faizal_p View Post
    Right on mate, that's exactly what I need and had. Where can I buy Laotian Oud?

Right on mate, that's exactly what I need and had. Where can I buy Laotian Oud?
    If you'd like the Mai Wan Lao oil you can find it at Paradise of Oils. It's a Laotian Oud.
    Hainan Arabi on the other hand is a Chinese Oud that does showcase a slight cheesy note, although that cheesy not is enveloped within a fecal note.

A really nice Cheesy Oud I tried was Sasong Sungsud from Imperial Oud, it's currently sold out though. The smell was aged cheese with ripe berries. I think your best bet on getting something similar would be Mai Wan Lao from Paradise of Oils. They offer samples if I recall correctly.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    You won't find what you're looking for with ASQ, they do however make a very nice Taifi Rose oil. If you ever stop by the UK, try Henry Jacques at Harrods and sample Onction. It's exactly what you're after.

It may be worthwhile sending an email to Ensar or Russian Adam.
    oNCTION is not cheesy or barnyard at all, it is full of myrrh, although very nice, but this is from different range of scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhadra View Post
    If you'd like the Mai Wan Lao oil you can find it at Paradise of Oils. It's a Laotian Oud.
    Hainan Arabi on the other hand is a Chinese Oud that does showcase a slight cheesy note, although that cheesy not is enveloped within a fecal note.

A really nice Cheesy Oud I tried was Sasong Sungsud from Imperial Oud, it's currently sold out though. The smell was aged cheese with ripe berries. I think your best bet on getting something similar would be Mai Wan Lao from Paradise of Oils. They offer samples if I recall correctly.

Enjoy!
    You guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hainan vintage 2008 from Imperial oud is my favorite so far. Beautiful oil. Got 1ml of Sason SungSud also. It was Faizal's last. Good people and good oils.
    Last edited by outline; Today at 12:24 AM.