Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Tuesday, 31st October, 2017

Scent of the Day Thread for Tuesday, 31st October, 2017

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Monday, 30th October, 2017 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Monday, 30th October, 2017 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Members celebrating a birthday on Tuesday, 31st October, 2017
    sartodt, secrets, MacTukaTa, Polica, sallyc31, Leeroy1970, Neontraffic, usrazor, Bigrahizzle, Bluey3110, nucker, ICU812, Charro, Timothée Kal, Mgalalz, LiverpoolFC, orbitdancer, StephenFury, Cevenol,

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Ambre de Cabochard by Grès

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday, 31st October, 2017

Olim by Maison Cire Trudon

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Chanel Antaeus

Freed from BN Institution

I got wonderful news! Despite the shortage and high demand, I successfully was able to complete my pre order and my iPhone X will be arriving on November 3rd! Can't wait to get a hold of this beauty!

Other news I really hope the Astros can secure their first win in the MLB 2017 World Series. I think it would be great for baseball. I will be following Game 6 later in the evening.

PL, hopefully you're feeling much better now!

Cazaubon, get well soon!

(((Quarry)))

My SOTD will be Neil Morris Chasing Autumn

Happy Halloween!
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 31st October 2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

hello all,
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Wishing you all a good day!!!

SOTD:

Les Nombres d'Or : Oud
    by Mona di Orio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still looking for Big Bottle of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Journey Woman for work today.

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin T by Bruno Acampora

Sending get well wishes to all that are unwell!

Sending more hugs to Quarry & Mr. Q!

We have finally got all the new windows in, we have been doing them in stages & the last few windows were done today! I can now easily open & close every window in the house. Just a bit of painting to do & it's all done!

Today, I'm wearing Un Bois Vanille.

1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne
    Currently wearing: Hauto by Jeroboam

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Tuesday, 31st October, 2017

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Basenotes Plus

.................................... Penn's old stomping grounds
    Blog Entries

(((Quarry & Mr.)))
    Sono strano e sono orgoglioso di essorlo...

((((Quarry))))

Exciting news for CuddleCat! I bet the windows are beautiful! Enjoy!

Thanks for the well wishes. At least I'm in good company when headaches strike! Still hanging on, but far from the worst I've had. thediamondsea, your message was so sweet and I feel just the same when you're not here. I've become spoiled by your fascinating posts and I always sense a great big hole where tds should be when you're not here. And ExtremeK, I'm so sorry to hear about your very rough month. I think a new pillow is a good idea. I also wonder if Asshats Inc. didn't contribute, too, what with the extra stress they must have induced. I prescribe cocktails and relaxation, as well as the pillow.

I'm in the last sample of the blind sniff and I know what it is but can't say yet. And it's hilarious! Will make like CC later and have some Un Bois Vanille, which is definitely a treat. Happy Halloween and...BOO!

Hello all.

Messe de Minuit by Etro
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Smart by Andrea Maack

Between two pine trees

(((((((Quarry & Mr. Q)))))))

Basenotes Plus

((((((Quarry & Mr. Q)))))) xxxooo

SOTD is Caron Fleur de Rocaille: notes include gardenia, lily of the valley, iris, violet, lilac, amber, woods. Supposedly a 1993 update of 1933’s FleurS de Rocaille, but I don’t get the connection at all. FleurS was a formal aldehydic floral; pretty, if a tad on the buttoned-up side. This one is a sweet, green, and musky floral, with a slight emphasis on the gardenia. Taken as a reworking, it can’t help but fall short. Better to take it at face value, on its own gentle and lovely merits.

Wish you all a good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

(((((((Quarry and Mr. Q)))))))
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Between two pine trees

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I also wonder if Asshats Inc. didn't contribute, too, what with the extra stress they must have induced. I prescribe cocktails and relaxation, as well as the pillow.
    David and I have been wondering the same thing about the extra stress. Seems like a distinct possibility. I very carefully positioned myself last night before asleep, and I'm not sure I moved until about 5 am. And no headache! I also got myself to yoga last night, so I'm betting that helped, too. I'm with you again on the cocktails -- and luckily, I have my own resident mixologist to make those happen!

CuddleCat, congratulations! News of home remodeling always makes me so happy, even when it's not my own. You're going to feel so good when it's all done!

I'm also happy to see another Basenoter succumb to a Parfumerie Generale fragrance. Sea Roses and I tend to like a lot of them, although I tend to stick more with the woody and oriental offerings in the line. I'm not a fan of his florals. And, of course, Quarry and our shared adoration of Cadjmere

Today I'm in the stop-you-in-your-tracks-beautiful Fate Woman. I went easy on the sprayer this morning, but I brought a sample vial to work with me, so I think I'l top it off when I'm done posting this. It's far more powdery when sprayed, on me at least, and I feel like I'm wrapped in the most gorgeous, sophisticated cashmere wrap. (Except I'm allergic to cashmere and all things wool, so it's a total imaginary thing that will never ever come to pass.)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

HUGS to those who need them.

Samhain Greetings! Blessed Be!

tds ~~~ Songe d'Un Bois d'Ete isn't as thrilling as I thought it would be but, it is nice. I would never have known it was a Guerlain creation, if I'd smelled it blind.

We are still in the process of winterizing the house. Alas, Indian summer is gone for good. Booo!

Encre Noire

Hugs, Quarry.

Darn it to heck, I forgot perfume and the one I want I'm out of - the Reglisse Noire is the best halloween scent, I will grab some of my She-Wolf later as it's also a good one. Though completely different.

I did, however secure ingredients to make my black jellybean cocktail. Vodka, cream soda, and sambuca. Oddly enough, as much as I like licorice, I cannot stomach ouzo, sambuca, etc on their own, no no no. A couple of years back I was trying to figure out a good licorice cocktail for a party and was just stumped - I love the health food store licorice so tried first a maple and bourbon sort of approach but it was terrible. This oversweet sparkling cold black jellybean taste of the cream soda and sambucca cut with the vodka, though, that works and it's great. If you have any anise liqueurs, try it - if you don't want it so boozy try it with cream soda and sparkling water, squeeze of lime.

Happy Halloween!

I'm in Olfactive Studio Chambre Noire today.

Haven't decided whether to hand out candy tonight (I get lots of trick or treaters) or turn my lights out and watch a scary movie. I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane this weekend and while I liked it, it didn't really scratch the scary movie itch.

Kathryrn, hooray for no headache today! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Robin, have you tried/do you like absinthe? (I can't say "absinthe" without saying, "I'm the Green Fairy!")
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    David and I have been wondering the same thing about the extra stress. Seems like a distinct possibility. I very carefully positioned myself last night before asleep, and I'm not sure I moved until about 5 am. And no headache! I also got myself to yoga last night, so I'm betting that helped, too. I'm with you again on the cocktails -- and luckily, I have my own resident mixologist to make those happen!

CuddleCat, congratulations! News of home remodeling always makes me so happy, even when it's not my own. You're going to feel so good when it's all done!

I'm also happy to see another Basenoter succumb to a Parfumerie Generale fragrance. Sea Roses and I tend to like a lot of them, although I tend to stick more with the woody and oriental offerings in the line. I'm not a fan of his florals. And, of course, Quarry and our shared adoration of Cadjmere

Today I'm in the stop-you-in-your-tracks-beautiful Fate Woman. I went easy on the sprayer this morning, but I brought a sample vial to work with me, so I think I'l top it off when I'm done posting this. It's far more powdery when sprayed, on me at least, and I feel like I'm wrapped in the most gorgeous, sophisticated cashmere wrap. (Except I'm allergic to cashmere and all things wool, so it's a total imaginary thing that will never ever come to pass.)
    Yaasssssss . . . . again! (And yassss to the house of PG, especially the ambery stuff. I haven't tried many of the florals yet, I've liked the ones I tried, but so far none of them have got their hooks in me. This could change completely next spring, of course). I think we may be In L'eaus, as PefumedLady says . I remember Sea Roses' passion for these perfumes. I feel like I'm in excellent company with you two .

Robin-in-FL: that cocktail sounds YUMMY. I am a total licorice fiend. But I suspect exactly one of those would be enough--I enjoy drinking Ouzo, but it has a tendency to whup my arse.

This morning is looking gorgeous. I thought we were expecting rain early this week, but so far no cigar. Halloween always brings back wine industry memories, especially one event where I set up a pretty elaborate sangria bar with a Dia de los Muertos theme, and dressed as Frida Kahlo. I wish I had pictures; somebody out there does, but I never got copies, dangit.

Oh, and here is some very silly Halloween humor. I meant to post it last year, and then plumb forgot.

I'm wearing Feminite du Bois for now, because I'm about to switch it out of rotation. I'll try to pick something a little more holidayish later.

I have not tried absinthe...Maybe next halloween, as this day will finally finish my bottle of sambuca. I, too, LOVE this flavor, love molasses and the chewy licorice, like anisette pretty much. But as a strong liqueur it was just awful, we tried it on a spoon and nobody liked it...I will try the green fairy next. Because the other thing one wants in a halloween cocktail is dramatic appearance! I have skull shaped ice cubes on hand, and pomegranates to make juice, for a blood and skulls not alcoholic drink (as it's Tuesday one is the limit, up before the dawn tomorrow.)

I look forward to seeing all the little goblinses. There were lately unsolved murders in my old neighborhood, so the cops are trick or treating there tonight and the mayor is going there to hand out candy (to promote safety, not because it's ghastly and haunted house-ish - usually it's a vibrant 'hood with a lot of walking people and that's been squelched from fear lately) we live about a mile away now, hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Sarah Horowitz Perfect Vanilla for an interim scent today. Will layer the she wolf on later.

Hugs to Quarry and healing vibes to all who are unwell. I am still hacking badly so only a bit of Musc Ravageur body butter to comfort me.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Congratulations CuddleCat - looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Absolue Pour Le Matin.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sampling Iris Poudre by Malle...

Freed from BN Institution

My SOTE TF Amber Absolute
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Body Kouros.

Happily ensconced in a bubble of Coromandel to make up for yesterday's fragrance fail.