Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrance for a Quote

Peace by Kenzo
    peace_kenzo.jpg

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all - God (Futurama / ep. Godfellas)

Basenotes Plus

etat-libre-dorange-rien.jpg

Most of us lead far more meaningful lives than we know. Often finding meaning is not about doing things differently; it is about seeing familiar things in new ways. ”
    ― Rachel Naomi Remen
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Reflective Perfume.jpg
    Truth Fragrance For Men by Revelations Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

375x500.35562.jpg

Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art.

~ Stanislaw Jerzey Lec
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Timeless Avon.jpg

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Hemingway

Basenotes Junkie

375x500.22973.jpg
    Tokyo Milk Parfumerie "Wisdom No. 26" lol

"And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed!" -Dr. Seuss (probably)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDragonFire View Post

"And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed!" -Dr. Seuss (probably)
    O, Unknown! by Imaginary Authors

“To the people who are upset about their hard-earned tax money going to things they don’t like: welcome to the fucking club. Reimburse me for the Iraq war and oil subsidies, and diaphragms are on me!”
    ― Jon Stewart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Basenotes Junkie

375x500.43456.jpg

Frederic Malle, "Outrageous!"

"I don't really care, do you?" Melania Trump (Not directed at the above quote. I just randomly remembered this one today while watching the British parliament go on and on and on about Brexit on TV. XD)

indifference.jpg

"If you don't become the ocean, you'll be seasick everyday." - Leonard Cohen

Dior Dune:

4f940dfd13.jpg

"Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self-respect springs." - Joan Didion
    "I mean, this world without a leopard? Who'd wanna live in it?" - Diana Vreeland

Basenotes Junkie

lawful1.jpg

Both "Lawful" and "Good" from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab! lol (Google Dungeons and Dragons Alignments if you don't understand the reference lol.)

"If you can't handle me when I'm at my absolute worst, then you don't deserve me at my best!" (This quote is often attributed to Marilyn Monroe in memes all over the internet. I feel like it almost certainly didn't come from her, making the real source of this quote unknown.)

Ah, to me that quote just about doused itself in Mitsouko.

il_570xN.1724602192_hb2n.jpg

And I'll say: "You don't have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive." - Diana Vreeland
    "I mean, this world without a leopard? Who'd wanna live in it?" - Diana Vreeland

^^^ I like that quote, and it is so true!

s-l300.jpg

Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

~ American Indian Proverb
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Guerlain Chamade:

375x500.50.jpg

Going with some lyrics now:
    "This is a waltz thinking about our bodies
    What they mean for our salvation
    With only the clothes that we stand up in
    Just the ground on which we stand.
    Is the darkness ours to take?
    Bathed in lightness, bathed in heat." - Thom Yorke

Basenotes Junkie

375x500.228.jpg

Christian Dior, "Fahrenheit"..definitely makes me think of "bathed in heat."

"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I wanted an inspiring quote this time..I was mostly just trying to be funny with my previous ones.

This collection of miniature bottles seems appropriate, especially given the name of the collection - "Les Meilleurs Parfums de Paris" - the best perfumes of Paris!

meilleurs-parfums-5.jpg

Here's my quote from one of my favorite novels; a magical realist take on over spraying!

"It was also the time when he happened to find in one of his mother's trunks a liter bottle of the cologne that the sailors from the Hamburg-American Line sold as contraband, and he could not resist the temptation to sample it in order to discover other tastes of his beloved. He continued to drink from the bottle until dawn, and he became drunk on Fermina Daza in abrasive swallows, first in the taverns around the port and then as he stared out to sea from the jetties where lovers without a roof over their heads made consoling love, until at last he succumbed to unconsciousness. Transito Ariza, who had waited for him until six o'clock in the morning with her heart in her mouth, searched for him in the most improbable hiding places, and a short while after noon she found him wallowing in a pool of fragrant vomit in a cove of the bay where drowning victims washed ashore."

- Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

Que scay-je?