Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Antaeus : genuine or fake ?

Genuine or fake?
    I'd like to listen your opinions since I never saw a Chanel bottle with a sticker slapped on the front.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chanel-Antae...MAAOSwDFBZ~acN

Default Re: Vintage Antaeus : genuine or fake ?

100% authentic. This seller has been selling very rare fragrances for a long time. I have also seen the plastic label bottles of Antaeus before.

However, a lot of bottles of vintage Antaeus are listed on eBay, you can shop around and pick the one which looks most authentic to you. Luckily Vintage Antaeus prices are currently not in the same league as Bel Ami and Patou Pour Homme.
    Last edited by Tradition; 11th November 2017 at 01:47 AM.

Always be smelling

Antaeus sticker label has been discussed many times here.
    Majority opinion is that Chanel did use sticker for a short while (supply chain issue). But there were some disagreements.
    But it does smell a bit different ( more animalic, myrrhy) Some prefer it others don't.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Antaeus sticker label has been discussed many times here.
    Majority opinion is that Chanel did use sticker for a short while (supply chain issue). But there were some disagreements.
    But it does smell a bit different ( more animalic, myrrhy) Some prefer it others don't.
    The disagreement stemmed from the fact that the vast majority of sticker bottles came out of the Far East and in boxes with no batch numbers, IRC.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Majority opinion is that Chanel did use sticker for a short while (supply chain issue).
    Wasn't aware of this. Interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi there. Wondering if I could get your expert opinion on a bottle of Antaeus I've just picked up. I'm thinking pre 90 because if the box but unsure about vol on front. Any help greatly appreciated. ThanksScreenshot_20190522-192748_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190522-192738_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190522-192803_Samsung Internet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless_fragrance View Post
    Hi there. Wondering if I could get your expert opinion on a bottle of Antaeus I've just picked up. I'm thinking pre 90 because if the box but unsure about vol on front. Any help greatly appreciated. ThanksScreenshot_20190522-192748_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190522-192738_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190522-192803_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Hi,
    before 1990 100%

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless_fragrance View Post
    Hi there. Wondering if I could get your expert opinion on a bottle of Antaeus I've just picked up. I'm thinking pre 90 because if the box but unsure about vol on front. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Reegle seems confident in his answer, and I don't know enough about Antaeus packaging to be of any help.
    But is that a 4-digit batch code stamped on the bottom of the box? The Raiders blog has some good info on batch codes. There's also a lot of space devoted just to Antaeus, as I recall.