Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
o

Default Re: Royal Oud - An appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I snagged my BNIB 50ml bottle of 16L01 for 120 + shipping. That was very reasonable to me.
    That's an amazing deal bro - where did you find that??? Those 120ml bottles usually go for at least $220!

edit: reading comprehension fail, re-read and realized that price was for a 50ml bottle, not a 100 or 120 (16L01 came in both sizes)

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    What are you calling me a liar? I own two bottles of 2010 Royal Oud and I'm happy to take a picture of either/both. Batch code is A4310K01. I was first introduced to it by Opiate, who very kindly gave me a little decant when there was a hiccup with a transaction we had agreed to and I mentioned that I loved Royal Oud.
    This is actually my batch too...I thought the “4” at the front of the batch was a 1 and then followed by a 3 making “13”, but it’s a 4. The batch code is etched into the bottom lip on the back of the bottle and is impossible to photo (almost impossible to make out), but the numbers and letters match up exactly to yours. I was excited when I bought it knowing it was vintage, but to learn that it’s likely a 2010, early early batch is even better.

Basenotes Plus

I need to get another bottle of Royal Oud soon. Any ideas on where I can get my hands on 16L01 or something comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I need to get another bottle of Royal Oud soon. Any ideas on where I can get my hands on 16L01 or something comparable?
    If you're willing to do the due diligence, it can be found on Ebay or on some of the FB frag groups. I happened to snag a 50ml bottle of 16L off of Ebay a few months ago. As I've stated above, I'm finding my two older bottles to be sufficiently different (and better) than a recent decant I own from 2018/2019.
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    16L01 is the batch I have. Glad to own a 4oz bottle of it. One of my top 5 of all time!!

Which batches/years have the most of that sharp top note? I have a 2011 bottle, and it's nice and deep, but it doesn't have the "pop" of the top notes of an official creed sample I had. Is it 2016 on?

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Which batches/years have the most of that sharp top note? I have a 2011 bottle, and it's nice and deep, but it doesn't have the "pop" of the top notes of an official creed sample I had. Is it 2016 on?
    You might like 2018/2019 bottles. I have a few decants from around then (unsure of specifics) and it's noticeably brighter than my 2011 and my 2016. Personally, I don't like it as much but you might like it.
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    You might like 2018/2019 bottles. I have a few decants from around then (unsure of specifics) and it's noticeably brighter than my 2011 and my 2016. Personally, I don't like it as much but you might like it.
    Thanks, that gives me a place to look!